Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Occultist is even better. Profane Bloom complements the crawler's ability to clear and the ascendency arguably has better defenses than a jugg.

That said, the crawler is still a minion and thus subject to the retard ceiling as any other minion. Indoor maps are a pain without extremely aggressive melee minions. Brand Recall and Convocation should be merged into one spell. I honestly can't think of a downside to this. What build is going to be too powerful relocating its minions every couple seconds?

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Occultist is even better. Profane Bloom complements the crawler's ability to clear and the ascendency arguably has better defenses than a jugg.

That said, the crawler is still a minion and thus subject to the retard ceiling as any other minion. Indoor maps are a pain without extremely aggressive melee minions. Brand Recall and Convocation should be merged into one spell. I honestly can't think of a downside to this. What build is going to be too powerful relocating its minions every couple seconds?
Occultist is definitely better overall but ES/CI builds are not good league starters.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Just wish there was more time from patch notes coming out and league start so the non pro builders could come up with something maybe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I said arc, I’m doing storm brand to start assuming it doesn’t get gutted. I do think my second build will be aimed squarely at Uber Elder farming.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m also planning storm brand. Will take any hand me downs on alva temple drops ! Those high lightning dmg weapons have such low lvl requirements and are usually cheap too. Been watching one too many videos of storm brand with chain support just blowing up 3-4 screens of mobs at once, doesn’t make sense to not use it as a league starter

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Storm Brand with chain support seems a bit redundant.

Actually, it seem counter productive since it would allow the brands to kill targets beyond attachment range.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've looked at some of these Storm Brand builds and heard streamers say it's super OP. What is the playstyle? Just cast a brand then brand recall it onto every pack as you move along and they blow up?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Storm Brand with chain support seems a bit redundant.

Actually, it seem counter productive since it would allow the brands to kill targets beyond attachment range.

I could see it being beneficial. At a certain movement speed threshold, one will get to the next pack before their recall CD is up. I was on the cusp of it being an issue with my Elementalist using more movement speed--when I was testing with a QOTF in particular. It was not an issue with my Occultist.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I've looked at some of these Storm Brand builds and heard streamers say it's super OP. What is the playstyle? Just cast a brand then brand recall it onto every pack as you move along and they blow up?

Cast your 5 brands at the beginning of the map. run run run hitting recall every time it's up on CD or at the next pack. Bossing, for me, was dropping cold snap + frost bomb and just avoiding shit while hitting recall--my build converted most of the dmg to cold though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I could see it being beneficial. At a certain movement speed threshold, one will get to the next pack before their recall CD is up. I was on the cusp of it being an issue with my Elementalist using more movement speed--when I was testing with a QOTF in particular. It was not an issue with my Occultist.
I don't like mapping with Storm Brand without Magna Eclipsis.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I don't like mapping with Storm Brand without Magna Eclipsis.

Which I was using on the Elementalist; granted, I lacked recall lv7 and the +1 corrupt on the shield when I was messing with a QOTF. Mapping isn't that much slower with the occultist, but it is noticeable.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Think i'm gonna make something myself this time, kinda bored of following builds and the levelling regret thing isn't a biggy.

Gonna have to be a delve thing though as that's all i give a toss about really and it's super fucking hard past 600.

Almost certainly be occultist in some manner for that as they are pretty rocking atm.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mostly wanna league start storm brand because it’s an early reward and I believe will scale really well in early game for fast and easy leveling with essentially zero investment. I’m anticipating buying a temple weapon with lightning dmg , for maybe 1c, and supporting brand with a shaper item for an easy 5l, for maybe 2-3c plus the cost of fuse, being enough to basically push me into high yellow maps while saving all my currency . Atleast that’s my hope

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think i'm gonna make something myself this time, kinda bored of following builds and the levelling regret thing isn't a biggy.

Gonna have to be a delve thing though as that's all i give a toss about really and it's super fucking hard past 600.

Almost certainly be occultist in some manner for that as they are pretty rocking atm.

Make a build around these

sedy3ho3ayh21.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I mostly wanna league start storm brand because it’s an early reward and I believe will scale really well in early game for fast and easy leveling with essentially zero investment. I’m anticipating buying a temple weapon with lightning dmg , for maybe 1c, and supporting brand with a shaper item for an easy 5l, for maybe 2-3c plus the cost of fuse, being enough to basically push me into high yellow maps while saving all my currency . Atleast that’s my hope
Unless you're league starting a month in, I doubt Incursion leveling weapons will be that cheap.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

I posted some videos earlier but it was what Kythik said. What makes Storm Brand so good for me is that its super powerful against bosses too. It's not a lot of single target damage, but its continual damage that it does, while all you need to do is hide, or otherwise avoid things. I can beat uber elder/shaper/elder without taking 1 point of damage if I really focus hard. It's also nice and tanky with a good magna eclipsis.

I'll repost the clear video as I don't want to hunt for it.

Belfry Map --

Delve (with headhunter) --

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Need a skill iv'e only ever played hoa, cyclone coc (nova), ms, and winters orb.

I had to adjust my build that was coc as it wouldn't do the depth in the mine i wanted and it's not just a case of look at someone else's as there's 4 assassins at that depth (all geared)- so you reconfigure your own build a bit to compensate for whats happening, bit like flasks, i've had to reconfigure my flasks lots of times in delve. Whatever happens in this game you can counter it somehow and i like figuring that out.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Blade vortex is pretty good for Delve in my experience. I played a crit cold conversion BV which was nice as you froze/exploded shit before it could one shot you.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I don't want a skill I can't control my position in at that depth. There's too much shit on the ground and blade vortex is like a movement skill no?

I mean you start you can't stop.. The motion mechanic.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's not a movement skill, each cast generates a blade that has a duration, once you build up enough stacks you run until you need to stop to recast more blades. You stop to cast like any other self cast spell