Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ok, anything a bit more generic? Let's say I'm starting EB-MoM Trickster with Bane for clearing, Soulrend for single target. How do I sustain life on bosses?

Same as you do with totems/traps/anything else that doesn't leech, drop your damage and dodge around while it works.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This is my first attempt at creating my own build. Armageddon Brand and CI. No gear entered yet, because honestly I'll just be taking whatever I can get for awhile, and will likely need a bunch of Dex on gear for awhile too.

I do plan on a shield, with a scepter or wand or whatever is best. I don't even know!

If anyone is bored and feels like checking it out and telling me where I'm dumb, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So when does the patch actually become available for download on Steam?

We're 25.5 hours and counting.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I normally get patched a couple of hours beforehand..

When it's done i just join the queue thingy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Let's say you're too bad to dodge.

Then you die like any other build that can't just facetank whatever it is they're fighting? I'm not really sure what you're looking for or getting at. Builds either facetank content through leech/defense or they dodge stuff to stay alive while passive regen/flasks do their thing.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The fuckery with CI over the past year is pretty fucking annoying. It was in a really great place compared to life and now it's the only choice if you want to even sort of min/max.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Then you die like any other build that can't just facetank whatever it is they're fighting? I'm not really sure what you're looking for or getting at. Builds either facetank content through leech/defense or they dodge stuff to stay alive while passive regen/flasks do their thing.
I'm looking for being able to quickly bounce back from taking a big hit. I don't want to depend on flasks as they have limited usages.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
You can't bounce back from a massive hit, you take the hit and either get one shot or move someplace safe and flask up/regen.

Play pathfinder for flasks or take Soul of Ryslatha from the pantheon for the refill every 3 seconds if you haven't been hit and it's upgrade for the extra life amount.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Don't think ES can quickly bounce back from hits after the changes to vaal pact altho the new Ghost Reaver and ES leech stuff might let you do it quite well for self cast/attack builds. Less well with dot based builds, though, unless dot will be able to leech now.

Gotta agree with Kiroy, ES is back to being massively better than life in every sense now. I was fine with the re-bump to ES totals since life was still good for a lot of the builds I like (slayer + vaal pact heavy leeching builds) but now with leech nerfs and the reintegration of ES leech and ES numbers continuing to get bigger, whats the point in going for 6k life when I can have 11k ES instead.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I only played one char for Betrayal which was a CI occultist. Wanna mix it up for this new league so I'll prolly do a Trickster with Bane and Soulrend. I'll just wing it until I hit a wall then look at some builds to optimise it for endgame. Gonna be a fun weekend nerding out!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gonna try Hybrid Life/ES trickster, some sort of chaos shit. Maybe Soulrend, maybe ED. Kind of want to play like Mathil this league, taking every character I possibly can to Shaper and/or Uber Elder, while simultaneously going for 36 challenges. Might even try my own builds this league. Although I'm probably too much of a retard to actually get them to even red maps.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I might
Don't think ES can quickly bounce back from hits after the changes to vaal pact altho the new Ghost Reaver and ES leech stuff might let you do it quite well for self cast/attack builds. Less well with dot based builds, though, unless dot will be able to leech now.

Gotta agree with Kiroy, ES is back to being massively better than life in every sense now. I was fine with the re-bump to ES totals since life was still good for a lot of the builds I like (slayer + vaal pact heavy leeching builds) but now with leech nerfs and the reintegration of ES leech and ES numbers continuing to get bigger, whats the point in going for 6k life when I can have 11k ES instead.

I think they need to put "major" changes back onto a 6 months schedule and just try to think up a new mechanic for the new quarterly league. They are just continually chasing that 3.0 popularity bump they got and it's starting to show they just can't keep up.

I'm gathering that the goal is to push all/most spellcasting into ES, and all/most melee into life, which is fine, but they're releasing half of a 'major' update where the melee side is a barren wasteland when it comes to most of the gameplay efficiency if you're a fairly serious player.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know, I think their idea is to mix up meta and they are doing it. I think they realize in a game like this it's impossible to balance two systems in a min/max setting. Or maybe I'm being an apologist and they keep fucking shit up accidentally. Either way I'm fine with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Elemental Hit is shit for starting if you don’t have the gems in place to focus on fire. Imo. Toxic rain was badass at start and for a lonnnng time.