Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'm on the fence about rolling ice trap saboteur just cause it seems like it will level up quick and blow up everything in the maps and shaper elder/uber really fast.

The trouble is it will be dogshit for delving and maybe new new content as it's an unknown at this point.

urgghh decisions..

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know, I think their idea is to mix up meta and they are doing it. I think they realize in a game like this it's impossible to balance two systems in a min/max setting. Or maybe I'm being an apologist and they keep fucking shit up accidentally. Either way I'm fine with it.

ggg is my favorite dev house so I want them to succeed, but mixing the meta this is not, it's been caster/es for years with a slight blip for es when they nerfed it and people didn't realize it was still just as good if not better than life for a league. I don't think they are fucking shit up really, I just think they're trying to do too much to fast and it's really starting to show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
so is there away to update PoB with the new gem info? my pob updated the skill tree but i dont hve any of the new gems or gem changes. getting some ridiculous dps numbers on ice trap i think but im not able to update the dmg effectiveness to the new values, to know for sure how nuts this will be

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
ES was never really better then life after they nerfed it, until they nerfed VP. Then ES was better then life, but only at the high end of the investment spectrum. I agree I thought ES was in a good place last league, and I'm really confused why they decided to nerf life leech while introducing all this ES power creep in the same patch. That one boggles the mind.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
so is there away to update PoB with the new gem info? my pob updated the skill tree but i dont hve any of the new gems or gem changes. getting some ridiculous dps numbers on ice trap i think but im not able to update the dmg effectiveness to the new values, to know for sure how nuts this will be

I think that's the very last thing that makes it in usually the morning before release

Xevy

Log Wizard
I don't think POB gets updated with active gem skills until the actual league starts.

Yeah, they took like 1-2 days to put in Winter Orb and Brands last go around. So with ALL this shit, it's definitely going to be a while. Especially with OpenArl working for GGG as well.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm probably going to try that Rain of Arrows HoAgony Pathfinder linked earlier. I tested it on a 23 ranger I have with Quill Rain and it seemed pretty decent and fun to play.

Did arc trap sab and autobomber last league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
5u2idxe6frk21.jpg

And now the Slayer(and Tombfist!) nerfs make more sense.

Some very questionable changes this patch.

• 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
what are some channeling skills that will synergize well with whispering ice now? i feel like with all the buffs i may try it out as a league starter, but would be fun to try something besides scorching ray

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That being said, I am excited to try some new stuff this patch. None of it is melee or even attack based, so maybe they're succeeding!

• Soulrend/bane
  • ED/contagion
  • Some build with Convocation, probably HoAg
  • Spork
  • Maybe EK?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
5u2idxe6frk21.jpg

And now the Slayer(and Tombfist!) nerfs make more sense.

Some very questionable changes this patch.

lol

we must nerf items that are used as staples across all builds

we make items that are used as staples across all builds

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
what are some channeling skills that will synergize well with whispering ice now? i feel like with all the buffs i may try it out as a league starter, but would be fun to try something besides scorching ray

Winter orb, they'll both benefit from cold + aoe

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
are bow builds generally shitty for starting?

Toxic Rain seems pretty strong for starting out. Can check for basics, don't have to watch the whole thing but it's a fast enough Kitava and seems fairly simple. Can switch once you reach 75 or whatever you feel like.

Probably doing summoner again, I think I'll try Soulwrest since I haven't done that and it looks ok. Not too sure what the nerf on gorillas is though and if it'll kill that way to buff minions, if it does I'll just transition into a more standard setup, maybe add herald with ball lightning poison shit.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bane/soulrend won’t do much with ES leech aside from soulrend’s initial hit per mob right?