Path of Exile

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Ya I wish I could have played all night last night because I was def getting 4-5 maps every run. I'm sure they'll tweak it again before I get to play some more.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New league goals: complete atlas without trading and physically(digitally?) fill my map tab. I usually resort to trading(in guild) to fill in holes but I think yesterday's hotfix was a kneejerk. I know, small sample size, but many of my maps run after the hotfix had 5+ maps drop.

It wouldn't surprise me that there's some RNG seed bullshit going on like with Delve and some people had bad map drops because of it.

Also, kinda disturbing that the sausage maker doesn't know how the sausage is made.

I don't wanna be that guy but my map drops have absolutely sucked since the hotfix. Super small sample size though. But I ran like 5 red chiseled alch'd maps and didn't get a single red map yesterday. Fuck me I guess.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I said it in game yesterday but i'm gonna say it here, too. Now you all know what I feel like in most leagues when it comes to map drops and everyone just tells me "oh you're doing it wrong, map sustain is ez"! I hope map drops stay bad!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
What do people usually pair with Storm Brand for single target?

I use lightning spire trap. The main guy that builds storm brand recomments using a golem with that ring, and gets some of the golem nodes in the passive tree, etc. Fuck all that. It might be better but that's not what I want to do.

My build is messy atm gear wise and jewel wise. I've not needed to fuck with things, as I don't die hardly at all but once I start hitting the guardians I'll get everything straight.

Here's where I am currently for reference.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I use lightning spire trap. The main guy that builds storm brand recomments using a golem with that ring, and gets some of the golem nodes in the passive tree, etc. Fuck all that. It might be better but that's not what I want to do.

My build is messy atm gear wise and jewel wise. I've not needed to fuck with things, as I don't die hardly at all but once I start hitting the guardians I'll get everything straight.

Here's where I am currently for reference.

I'm going to give Storm Burst a try, the Infused Channeling synergy seems promising. I really wish there was a dependable way to calculate the true DPS on Lightning Spire Trap. Is it safe to assume that the target is hit 1.5 times per burst?

Why Carcass Jack?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to give Storm Burst a try, the Infused Channeling synergy seems promising. I really wish there was a dependable way to calculate the true DPS on Lightning Spire Trap. Is it safe to assume that the target is hit 1.5 times per burst?

Why Carcass Jack?

I am actually not sure on the mechanics, but LST does seem to do noticeable boost in damage with all 3 out. The only drawback is having to stop to cast it when storm brand itself requires much less stopping and you can stay on the move while it works.

Carcass for the area damage/effect for faster clearing. The single target damage in SB isn't amazing, but it's certainly adequate enough for me so LST is just a bonus. I really want to clear fast though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I am actually not sure on the mechanics, but LST does seem to do noticeable boost in damage with all 3 out. The only drawback is having to stop to cast it when storm brand itself requires much less stopping and you can stay on the move while it works.

Carcass for the area damage/effect for faster clearing. The single target damage in SB isn't amazing, but it's certainly adequate enough for me so LST is just a bonus. I really want to clear fast though.
Oh, didn't notice that you're life still. So, Inpulsa eventually?

3 LSTs definitely is better than Storm Burst, I was looking for something more sustainable. Also, tossing 3 traps as a non-trapping class is fucking SLOWWWWW.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

3 LSTs definitely is better than Storm Burst, I was looking for something more sustainable. Also, tossing 3 traps as a non-trapping class is fucking SLOWWWWW.

It's miserable, but it's nice in things like essences, just drop 3 traps, 5 brands, click them and they are dead really fast. If I get an inpulsas to drop then sure, but it's not so needed that the build doesn't work without it. I'm able to pretty much destroy anything at this point, uber elder probably the only thing that will put me in a pickle. I just need to get my gems/jewels/gear a little more situated. Like my helm is a train wreck, I keep it just because of my pure dumb luck getting that enchant :).

Kythik

Molten Core Raider

That's why I went with converting everything to cold last league so I could avoid LST.

Is the league not worth playing? I have had all of maybe 5 hours logged in.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's why I went with converting everything to cold last league so I could avoid LST.

Is the league not worth playing? I have had all of maybe 5 hours logged in.
How does that avoid LST? On bosses, you're not killing adds reliably every 4s, so you can't count on non-chaos gained as chaos to boost storm brand's damage. Even then, I'd probably still want something to help out. Storm Burst has been pretty good.

New league has been good for adjusted skills and passives. The actual mechanic is meh. Fragmented memories are extra mobs and loot. But using the memories in the nexus just doesn't seem worth the time.

The memory nexus is basically like delve. But you have to make your own path. And you might not have all the pieces needed to go where you want. And where you want to go sucks. And when you get there, the rewards will suck.

Someone by now should have made a reddit post: "All you faggots are wrong, this is how you farm memory nexus". That this hasn't happened is extremely concerning.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So I read that you can only have 1 wave of conviction out, period, whether you're totems or not but I just watched a video of someone doing a5 innocence with them and it seemed like each totem was casting a wave so now I dunno. I was thinking about trying to make that a build for my 2nd char.

The skill appears to be the storm burst of this round of new skills, tho, so even if each totem can cast it i'm a bit hesitant (cause storm burst sucked when that and flurry and charged dash came out).

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Spent last night delving between 250-270 and it is so nerfed.

They have completely ruined it - as ever most of what you get is shit, there's not many fossils at all still.

I was holding out some hope that maybe if i got deeper it would start to pay for itself with the scarabs but it won't for ages i doubt.

Combination of sulphite nerf and fossil nerf has pretty much killed it dead.

It might be better at 500 but it will cost the best part of 50ex to get there or weeks of running maps, so am noping out of the rest of the league.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a new limit to the range / number of nodes that a memory modifier can reach? Just popped one, and it only affected the 5 most immediately connected to the node. None of the nodes past the 5th got the buff, even though there are many, many nodes connected across the map.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a new limit to the range / number of nodes that a memory modifier can reach? Just popped one, and it only affected the 5 most immediately connected to the node. None of the nodes past the 5th got the buff, even though there are many, many nodes connected across the map.

Unless they hotfixed something or you ran into one of the many bugs then yes, they can go past 5 nodes. There are bugs where modifiers might drop off.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

You can have only 200 mods added on your entire map.

Caliane

So I read that you can only have 1 wave of conviction out, period, whether you're totems or not but I just watched a video of someone doing a5 innocence with them and it seemed like each totem was casting a wave so now I dunno. I was thinking about trying to make that a build for my 2nd char.

The skill appears to be the storm burst of this round of new skills, tho, so even if each totem can cast it i'm a bit hesitant (cause storm burst sucked when that and flurry and charged dash came out).
my problem with Wave of conviction is, It starts too far out away from you.
I was initially going to use it cwdt to proc the shred, or use with Curse on hit, to proc the shred and curses.. but this missing targets lead me to fall back on the good old orb of storms for CoH. and coldsnap/tempest shield for cwdt.

Then the damage scaling of the 50% phys, 25% fire conversion, 25% lit conversion.. ideally you will want to keep your fire and lit EXACTLY even, so it will shred both. In passives, this is mostly easy. Physical scaling, spell scaling, elemental, or crit. The Divine fury, and divine wrath nodes for 15% of physical converted to fire for fire spells, and 15% of physical converted to lit for lit spells is equal. So, far so good...

Storm weaver and explosive impact however.. are NOT equal. for another 10% of physical to fire/lit conversion. Well, specifically the nodes leaing up to each. explosive impact has 10% inc fire damage node in front of it. Storm weaver has an 8% cold, 8% lit damage node in front of it...

Then obviously, keeping them balanced everywhere else is a problem. Added element to spells, is a huge dps increase.. but will cause imbalance. Heralds, auras, etc..

Then of course the one at a time. None of the spell echos, or unleash etc, work well with it. I suppose intensify? inc aoe when used periodically, more area damage when used repeatedly?
64% more area damage..

I tried testing with multi totem. I couldn't tell if it was. it looked like only 1 was being cast.

It does hit hard. Builds can be made.. its just not as easy as a bunch of the others. Like stormburst, I can just run up, unload killing everything I'm aiming at, move the cursor/balls to another point, kill everything there, move them to the edge of the screen kill everything off screen, move them into another room, without moving... etc. around corners, off screen, etc. Like a hoover of nonstop death.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Spent last night delving between 250-270 and it is so nerfed.

They have completely ruined it - as ever most of what you get is shit, there's not many fossils at all still.

I was holding out some hope that maybe if i got deeper it would start to pay for itself with the scarabs but it won't for ages i doubt.

Combination of sulphite nerf and fossil nerf has pretty much killed it dead.

It might be better at 500 but it will cost the best part of 50ex to get there or weeks of running maps, so am noping out of the rest of the league.

I tried a completely new style of play(for me)-Cyclone build and it is bliss compared to some of the others I tried. Can I have your stuff? :)