Path of Exile

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So, I think patch will be playable tonight?

Couldn't give a shit less about the crafting issue though. Buying mats for crafting kills the whole deal, I really wish they'd stop pushing that angle. How many fossils are you going to need to hit 300+ ES on your helm? 1? 5? 50? Oops, you ran out of resonators, go haggle some more from 10+ sellers with 1-3 who are all doing shit more important and don't respond. Oops, you hit your target, now you have to resell 80% of your crafting mats.

Stupid fucking system.

*whispers* auction hoooouuuuussseeee

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
*whispers* auction hoooouuuuussseeee

I get why they don't have an auction house, and I think its good they don't for your standard fare of gear and items - however - for things that you can buy "Bulk", they SHOULD have an auction house. Currency, div cards, fossils, maps, etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn, I got used to losing memory maps on my elemental witch (first season) but after rolling a marauder things were going better. Had won like 90% of them up to the 50's and this patch has me 0 for 9, fucking dead ends are killing me as it feels like the void is right behind

• 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just started playing this on PS4. Holy shit the skill trees are crazy. Is there such a thing as too much customization? Because this has it. Used to brain dead specs for D3.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just started playing this on PS4. Holy shit the skill trees are crazy. Is there such a thing as too much customization? Because this has it. Used to brain dead specs for D3.
The tree is more confusing than it really is once you get the basics, you'll often path the same way for several classes and builds and you just get used to it, although there's minor optimization here and there. The real customization comes from the Uniques+skill system. You can do some really fucking stupid shit if you understand the mechanics, like converting damage several times and getting bonus damage for each conversion, inflicting damage to yourself to proc some stuff on damage taken in a loop, debuffing yourself with temporal chains to increase the duration of your buffs past their cooldowns while nullifying the effect of temp chains and so on. Shit's pretty stupid once you get really into it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That skill tree is only half of it...wait til you start seeing all the synergy you can get with gems and gear.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
All that is a cakewalk compared to crafting in my opnion. Well high end crafting. Crafting something useful is pretty easy. The only part of the tree is some of the nodes have odd interactions that may not be instantly apparent in some builds. A lot of the tree is for attribute increasing (traveling) and such, and a large part to increase life and mana. The rest, there will be a quiz tomorrow on it lol.

Just starting out play around with it and such. Learn the vendor recipes so you can sell stuff for stuff you would actually need or use. Stuff like 3 of the same flask sold to a vendor will get you 1 size larger. 3 small life flask will net you 1 medium flask. Lot of similar recipes.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The new nexus stuff is so much better, but my RNG is still fucking shit. I've spawned about 40 distant memories in a few hours and none of them is one of the ones I need for the challenge. Meanwhile Janus somehow got recruited in the wrong branch of Betrayal without any interaction from me AND the last 5 betrayal encounters have been bugged in some way(Transport without anyone around it, Research building not spawning at all in the map, Intervention spawning right as I get close to Fortification so they despawn instantly, some "Promote to None" bullshit). Shit's fucking annoying as hell, can't get the goddamn last challenge.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been trying to get corrupted blood immunity on a jewel. Ive seen like 5 can't be maimed, 3 can't be hindered but obviously 0 of what i want..God damn rng is not on my side, so i guess i have to buy one.

Whats been Surprising about my time trying to get this corruption is how many people actually answer my whispers these 1c trades.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finally done with challenges, Gem reward node spawned after another set of ~20 nodes. Stupid fucking shit. I dropped some Perandus coins in the guild stash if anyone wants them. Off to Grim Dawn.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Game has a good wiki. Not sure how PS4 is going to go considering the 3rd party stuff that immensely helps. Path of Building, trade sites, trade macro, etc.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya, they finally fixed the nexus portal from the memory islands. God that was so annoying. I had a ton of placed memories building up stupid high numbers of mods, so when the patch hit, I had lots maxed out so decided to just clear a bunch out. I got one modifier that grants adjacent memories double modifiers. So I am trying to leave that one up. I ended up getting about 130 gemcutter prisms and 150 chisels running those surrounding nodes. It can get crazy.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
For people who have played cospri chars before, is 25k shaper 45k non-shaper damage on my glacial cascade in PoB decent? I've never played a build like this before so dunno if the PoB is trash or relatively solid.

I feel like it's pretty good if that is the per hit number since at 10-12 casts per second that would be 250-300k shaper dps, and a whole lot more if they're getting hit multiple times from each cascade...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Glacial Cascade is a bad spell for melee-triggered CoC since the melee range limits the amount of hits to 2 max. Elder and Shaper are small human-sized target, might only hit once for them.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Most of my builds boil down to

Get all the HP or es nodes

Get the resist ones too as I move along

Remove resist ones as I get dank 40% resist shit

Use those points to pump some dps or support whatever funky end game mechanic I'm going for

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Glacial Cascade is a bad spell for melee-triggered CoC since the melee range limits the amount of hits to 2 max. Elder and Shaper are small human-sized target, might only hit once for them.

Yeah I could try it with other spells too, that was just the one I threw in there. I'll open it up real quick and see what the numbers are with something else, but probably lower since i'd have to do something like GMP for freezing pulse. I figured GC in each would do fine for clearing but maybe i'm wrong on that too.

Edit: NVM with the FP jewels I wouldn't need gmp.

Swapping to FP with cold pen and hypothermia is showing 46k normal hit, 34k shaper hit. And I was wrong, the 25/45k for GC was the DPS not the hits, so FP actually seems way better, and frostbolt is slightly above FP at 37k shaper hit.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Debating rolling trickster after the discussion in guild last night. But man, occultist is just tanky! I like it. Trickster looks like it’d be dodge dodge poof. I saw a guide that said you needed 1500 evasion chest to even make the EB-MoM build worth it. True?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm close to 8k EHP, trickster can tanky if you want to be. CI can go higher on Occultist but you'll be missing a ton of avoidance.

1500 evasion chest as a binary requirement for EB-MoM is just some asshole making their guide idiot proof. Or they're an idiot too. Probably both. As EB-MoM, the ES is basically just extra EHP, there is no minimum. There is a max though.