Path of Exile

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Can't make it beyond about halfway through the final labyrinth for the last ascension points, so still trying to work on that otherwise. First league so would like to try and push as far as I can before they do the reset (update?) next month.
Get a lot more health passives.
Attach fortify support on your leap slam and use it regularly to keep fortify up permanently.
Replace most of the uniques with rares that have +maximum life and +resists... and where possible increased attack speed.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Is this new? I've never seen a > 20% quality gem that wasn't corrupted. This dropped like this.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Looks like a bug? Isn't everything over 20% corrupt?

Anyone have any comments on where I can improve here? Cleared a few T12 maps in the atlas but getting to the point where any major boss sneezes and I die. I had removed some points from % life nodes as I was getting smashed anyway, would try grabbing more damage/leech and see if it ran any better.

Can't make it beyond about halfway through the final labyrinth for the last ascension points, so still trying to work on that otherwise. First league so would like to try and push as far as I can before they do the reset (update?) next month.

View Profile - Path of Exile - magistery

Cap resists, stack life, get yourself a basalt flask and make an instant recovery flask (bubbling divine) for those oh shit moments.

Bubbling life with bleed removal
Basalt with curse removal
Quicksilver of adrenaline
Stibnite can be handy in packs i normally roll it freeze immunity for popping strongboxes if i'm a life char and don't have freeze innunity.

A good cheap defensive flask is Rumi's concoction.

Try and get a decent sygian vise and put blind on hit % jewel into it if you are up close and pesonal blind will help your survivability.

iannis

Musty Nester
Thanks for the feedback, was trying to follow along with something but will start burning through some of these regret orbs and making changes.

Cheers

It's generally faster to just level another character, honestly.

I guess unless you trade for regrets. Which I assume are cheap.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else been having trouble finding reasonable gear? Is the league that dead already? Been trying to find decent pair of shaper gloves/boots/helm to complete my Eternity Shroud set. Finding a good ES base with just TWO T2 affixes has been nonexistent or stupidly priced. Or they're worse than the non-shaper versions I already have.

Oh, question on the Vessel of the Vaal boss, anyone know the mechanics on when they decide to submerge? Trying to do the challenge but don't want one submerge right after I kill the first one.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Anyone else been having trouble finding reasonable gear? Is the league that dead already? Been trying to find decent pair of shaper gloves/boots/helm to complete my Eternity Shroud set. Finding a good ES base with just TWO T2 affixes has been nonexistent or stupidly priced. Or they're worse than the non-shaper versions I already have.

Oh, question on the Vessel of the Vaal boss, anyone know the mechanics on when they decide to submerge? Trying to do the challenge but don't want one submerge right after I kill the first one.

Yes, trading has become a chore. Certain items are a pain in the arse to get now. Leagues pretty dead for the most part.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if going CI would make easier. Trying to find shaper items with high ES and life.

Also, maybe waiting for the flashback to finish challenges. But maybe that's not a great idea either. Some of my challenges are boss related.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Made it through a few 14's, finished the lab & got a 2 socket abyss belt though that fight was a pure pile of shit. Overall pretty stoked, those changes made a world of difference overall. A 6L chest and a few more regret orbs should finish things off and then buying all those random atlas maps

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Made it through a few 14's, finished the lab & got a 2 socket abyss belt though that fight was a pure pile of shit. Overall pretty stoked, those changes made a world of difference overall. A 6L chest and a few more regret orbs should finish things off and then buying all those random atlas maps

The pantheon helps alot with your defenses so look into what options might be good for you there.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I need someone to carry me through Hall of Grandmasters. I am all minions and they get shredded. I am paying an exalted or sth. I dont care about currency.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I need someone to carry me through Hall of Grandmasters. I am all minions and they get shredded. I am paying an exalted or sth. I dont care about currency.

Try 820, should only cost the map, maybe map + 10c.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I hope whatever faggot decided it was ok to put affixes on the Cortex fight is fucking fired. It's *borderline* ok in Delve because that's the purpose of that content. But even there, the difficulty ramps up, so you have a reasonable chance to practice and learn the fight on 2 out of 3 Delve bosses. How the fuck are you supposed to practice on Cortex before he gets one-shot affixes? Wasted my first spawn of him because he had increased crit chance, crit damage, life, area, elemental damage pen, and extra fire damage. I was going to try for the 12 void spawn achievement before I realized the area mod meant that would fill the entire area with void area.

Fucking stupid they didn't learn their lesson from Delve. I don't want to learn this fight now, I'm just going to pay someone 3 ex so I can get the challenge never have to deal with it again.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah shit's stupid not sure how they didn't revert it tbh. There's a reason there's no affixes on Uber Elder, Shaper or Mastermind. In Delve I believe you can also keep retrying the fight, or just leave it for later and dive further to find another. Even some of the mini bosses are deadly with affixes because a lot of abilities don't seem designed to be scaled up by crazy amounts. I'm glad I got my shit done before that change tbh. Just makes no sense whatsoever to have aoe or projectile mods on scripted boss fights, especially when you can't even reroll the mods(me getting fucked by minotaur because I didn't reroll the double aoe mod was entirely my fault for example, but imagine just having uber elder have increased aoe on smashes or multiple projectiles on balls and you can't reroll this shit).

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
So, a few leagues ago ailments were changed to no longer needing to do x% of life to be applied but their associated debuff would be scaled based on the damage instead. With that in mind, how much damage would be needed to apply a 0% action speed debuff chill to shaper/uber elder? It was my understanding that any amount of damage would be enough to apply chill/ignite/shock but they'd be 0% for the associated debuff and would still enable mods associated to the ailment--e.g. increased damage with hits to chilled monsters.

wiki points towards 0% being a thing but the dev manifesto from the changes in July 2017 make it seem that 1% is required.

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I hope whatever faggot decided it was ok to put affixes on the Cortex fight is fucking fired. It's *borderline* ok in Delve because that's the purpose of that content. But even there, the difficulty ramps up, so you have a reasonable chance to practice and learn the fight on 2 out of 3 Delve bosses. How the fuck are you supposed to practice on Cortex before he gets one-shot affixes? Wasted my first spawn of him because he had increased crit chance, crit damage, life, area, elemental damage pen, and extra fire damage. I was going to try for the 12 void spawn achievement before I realized the area mod meant that would fill the entire area with void area.

Fucking stupid they didn't learn their lesson from Delve. I don't want to learn this fight now, I'm just going to pay someone 3 ex so I can get the challenge never have to deal with it again.

Yeah it's absolute bullshit. Even though I can see it in Delve, it's really not needed as you have to do bad mods at depth to get to the encounters anyway (aul at least).

I never bothered with Cortex but there's untold reddit threads bitching about it.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
If anyone else has some elder maps and they are quitting the league, I'll be happy to take them off your hands.

I never bothered with Cortex but there's untold reddit threads bitching about it.

I failed this the first time I got it, and I didn't realize it was so rare.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Spawned Cortex again today, killed on my last portal but mods were rippy enough that I couldn't fuck around on the last phase letting void zone build up. Crit chance/damage, attack speed, onslaught, life, extra damage as fire. It's *really* hard to dodge some moves when the monster has 50% increased attack speed, which applies to most animations too.

Ended up paying 6 ex for Cortex II. But, got my 37, done with the league. Got 2 ex and ~600c if anyone want its. A well geared WOrb trickster and a half geared ES/Contagion Trickster. ~45 UGS maps, but most of them are rolled. Feel free to ask for anything, done playing for now. Might come back for flashback.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Deathwing6

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This league seriously better not go core. There's almost nothing redeeming about it. I'm tired of the short buildup systems of the last few leagues, which is antithetical to ARPG's grindy nature. The Nexus CAN be rewarding but most nodes aren't. It's puzzling how much of a let down the currency memories are. Fractured items and synthesizing can go fuck themselves. Octavian's suggestion of rarer but drop IDed so they can be filtered should be a requirement if this shit MUST go in. Lastly, some of the shit people are synthesizing is just scary. Imagine the power creep if the system wasn't so fucking obtuse. If they fix the obtuseness, synthesized items are just plain broken. Standard is already fucked as is.

I'm tired of the common trope of "It's got voice acting, it's going core". Either they genuinely think that, or they think so little of GGG and just assume it. Either way, it's the sunk cost fallacy. Synthesis going core in its current state hurts the game, just like Betrayal did and continues to(veiled items anyone?).

Got 36 on a carry who died before finishing the fight. The rest of us zoned in and killed the boss. Finishing the league on a carry fuckup is just a perfect microcosm of this league.