Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I really like the nexus, but don't think its a good fit in the game to go core. They need to do something like Disgaea 5 with the item world, as a means of manipulating items here, or crafting. The only downside is that they need to keep that RNG strong.

I'd love your UGS maps, and of course my dagger back :D Maybe your gloves if you have good ones. That's the only piece of gear I have that sucks (Well if you have 12 stage helm that might be nice too) :D

Argarth

On the verandah
Chris & Co. sold to Tencent at just the right time. They are finally running out of ideas. It's been a good run.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
MTG can do it, why not PoE? Who cares if it's comparing apples to paper.

They can. I mean, there are going to be some shitty leagues. I think we'll see the foundation for new style leagues after the 4.0.0 launch. I really hope for a lot of big changes with 4.0.0 like around user interface improvements, and less clunky crap like the lack of auto-sort on inventory, etc etc. But they are most likely going to re-do a lot of mechanics.

They need to get rid of the extreme loot explosions, but they can't get rid of the speed. They put it in there, they are going to have to roll with it, too many people too used to it. They need to somehow flesh out trade to make it easier (not necessarily an auction house, but things like buying a lot of items in bulk, at once, etc).

I can think of a lot of great ideas on paper, implementation is tough. The only saving grace for synthesis was that Chris said at GDC was that the concept around synthesis was too rushed and they were generally unprepared for it. That was painfully obvious, but it's good on them for at least noticing it and hopefully they use that as a learning experience. I fear that this will go core to some degree though, but not like the current form. They might have things like memories that auto-build or something. Bestiary proved that they can say something wont go core, but it still does because at the end of the day, they don't want to throw all that work away.

I really hope the next league is baller though, and simple. My div card will go in the next league too, so I'm looking forward to seeing my mark on poe too!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Obligatory can I have your stuff for the quitters!

I haven’t enjoyed the league mechanic much even doing it casually. I liked delve. And I was one of the few that enjoyed Betrayal.

The game is bloated.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
this league must be stinging for ggg because a whole subset of the playerbase - those that primarily play because they want to engage with new league mechanics - have basically quit this league, me included, within a few weeks of it being out. Even if most of their micros happen early in a league, I’m sure there was an impact to their bottom line; I know I didn’t buy shit this time.

There’s zero chance this will go core in its current form, if at all. The synthesis crafting has some potential but not without a lot of work(or possibly revamping how trade works). But the nexus crap is just completely unnecessary - we have enough side shit to do as it is.

Most of these high efforts leagues have been a fail. Delve was amazing but you can only do a league like that once.

This game needs another league like abyss or breach. Something simple, mindless, and fun with an rng chance for something cool at the end. And which easily blends into the base game afterwards

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
They’re just making the game feel annoying. Lots to do is great, cockblocking all of it isn’t. Einhar appearing in my map isn’t a nice surprise, it’s fucking irritating because I want to run a safe house and it’s eating a Jun spawn. Or vise versa. Not to mention bullshit like unveiling, shitty rooms in temples, and getting syndicate memebers into branches that don’t suck. Without a bunch of different league mechanics all at once the bad rng smooths out a lot quicker. Getting bad rng on set ups is much worse when the time between safe houses, temples, delves etc. is longer.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
League rotation needs to go in ASAP. I think they have it tentatively scheduled for 4.0 but I think that's too far away.

New complicated mechanic or old complicated revamped mechanic is the hallmark of the league, 100% occurrence. Then the league has a supporting cast of up to 3 simplistic mechanics like breach, harbinger, abyss, incursion, etc with split occurrence rates adding up to 100%. Zana mods and reliquary keys allows access to league-specific uniques to preserve build diversity.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
They’re just making the game feel annoying. Lots to do is great, cockblocking all of it isn’t. Einhar appearing in my map isn’t a nice surprise, it’s fucking irritating because I want to run a safe house and it’s eating a Jun spawn. Or vise versa. Not to mention bullshit like unveiling, shitty rooms in temples, and getting syndicate memebers into branches that don’t suck. Without a bunch of different league mechanics all at once the bad rng smooths out a lot quicker. Getting bad rng on set ups is much worse when the time between safe houses, temples, delves etc. is longer.

To be fair, there's ways around this, for example, you can get 3 juns in a row by just putting a jun sextant on your map. They have said the masters that can appear in the map are truly equally random (if I recall) but I also find Einhar appearing way, way more than other masters. There's NO WAY that Einhar and Zana are equal odds.

The unveiling shit is awful. That's the new masters for me. They really need to flesh that out or otherwise have it carry through account-wide.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I’ll have to look into the sextant thing. I’ve only messed around with it and my experience was burning through sextants that sucked to try and get a mod I wanted making it fairly expensive to do. I admittedly don’t know a whole lot about them and how to min/max it effectively.

Caeden

I like the crafting side of things and so much shit I want to craft being locked behind rng unveiling is kinda shitty.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I enjoy the league. I do not enjoy the cap on memories. I hate the decay, it's completely idiotic and should be removed. I feel that if the memories in the nexus should spawn Alva/Nico/Jun encounters which would fix the rarity of interacting with the previous content. The rewards nodes are as much shit as every delve node has ever been for me. The jigsaw shit is an over complication that can fuck people with RNG. Why not just have generic 2/3 door nodes drop opposed to specific combinations?

Nexus has been huge with my map sustain--I started after the patch so I didn't experience the lack of sustain--so much so that I had not been using sac frags or prophecies until this weekend. I have over sustained from my original 10 maps to now 50 EUGS without a rebuy.

The fractured items are all worthless other than 2/3 mod ones when it comes to synthesizing. The disparity between crafters and non-crafters is larger than ever and needs to be addressed.
Betrayal encounters need to have execute as a constant third option. I am tired of locking 2/3rds of the betrayal encounters because the first encounter's options would undo my rivalries or move someone good from leadership.

Unveiling sucks but they are trade site farmable--it's what I did for my t3 spell dmg + as extra craft.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah, this is the first league i've crafted and although i've made some really nice gear it's an incredibly frustrating experience.

The unveiling can fuck right off - shits a nightmare. They need to make it so Jun has a list of mods and you get points for doing her crappy ass fucking quests and can unlock whatever you want with the points or something.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I’ll have to look into the sextant thing. I’ve only messed around with it and my experience was burning through sextants that sucked to try and get a mod I wanted making it fairly expensive to do. I admittedly don’t know a whole lot about them and how to min/max it effectively.

I have ran 300+ EUGS all with 4 sextants and I have only hit masters once; they're too rare to be target farmable and the sextant cost could be more than using 3 scarabs--maybe not sulfite scarabs at current prices. For comparison, I've hit hunted traitors x5 during that time.

Last edited:

Caeden

The only problem with crafting and leagues is for casual players (to me this is an hour or two a day tops). By the time you farm your shit, league is half over.

Actually I’m probably really bitching about my tendency to treat crafting like its SSF

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The fractured items are all worthless other than 2/3 mod ones when it comes to synthesizing. The disparity between crafters and non-crafters is larger than ever and needs to be addressed.
Betrayal encounters need to have execute as a constant third option. I am tired of locking 2/3rds of the betrayal encounters because the first encounter's options would undo my rivalries or move someone good from leadership.
There's on option in the lower right to let the go with no changes.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Yes, there's going to be a cost with it, certainly. The alternative is to always check the atlas and run maps with Jun on it whenever it appears.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I have ran 300+ EUGS all with 4 sextants and I have only hit masters once; they're too rare to be target farmable and the sextant cost could be more than using 3 scarabs--maybe not sulfite scarabs at current prices. For comparison, I've hit hunted traitors x5 during that time.

Yeah, it's rare for sure.

Info --

PoEDB: Exile Chronicles

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Still having a lot of fun just being a casual. It helps a lot, that my highest character was 83 or someting years ago, so everything is new to me. Killed my first Elder yesterday, did a synthesis boss, had a shot at Mastermind. All in all very relaxed and my build seems to work well.