Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

iannis

Musty Nester
It is a good mechanic for casuals. The memory fragments are just free small maps. The combination of number cap and decay is what's bad about it. One or the other, but they're double limiting the mechanic which is odd. When this mechanic goes core and doesn't spawn in every map it will be as bad as the betrayal mechanic. The betrayal mechanic not spawning in every map is bad. It'll actually be worse than that since I assume they'll tie it to Zara.

The game is bloated. But for a casual player who isn't interested in the long term crafting grinds... all that translates into is easier xp and currency.

I'd actually like to do delve more, but I very rarely get the mining master and I don't feel like running back and forth across solaris concourse or whichever map it is for 30 minutes trying to spawn him and fill up my sulphite. I don't get the hunter very often at all. When I get a master in the map (which is maybe half the time ish) it's about 75% Zara and 20% the temple guy then 5% one of the others. That makes me wonder if it's account bound. If you guys are getting non stop Einhars... that means whatever they're claiming the spread of masters is not pure even RNG.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It is a good mechanic for casuals. The memory fragments are just free small maps. The combination of number cap and decay is what's bad about it. One or the other, but they're double limiting the mechanic which is odd. When this mechanic goes core and doesn't spawn in every map it will be as bad as the betrayal mechanic. The betrayal mechanic not spawning in every map is bad. It'll actually be worse than that since I assume they'll tie it to Zara.

The game is bloated. But for a casual player who isn't interested in the long term crafting grinds... all that translates into is easier xp and currency.

I'd actually like to do delve more, but I very rarely get the mining master and I don't feel like running back and forth across solaris concourse or whichever map it is for 30 minutes trying to spawn him and fill up my sulphite. I don't get the hunter very often at all. When I get a master in the map (which is maybe half the time ish) it's about 75% Zara and 20% the temple guy then 5% one of the others. That makes me wonder if it's account bound. If you guys are getting non stop Einhars... that means whatever they're claiming the spread of masters is not pure even RNG.

I've womdered for some time if some stuff is character bound in the game - like your characters can spawn with differeent variables from the get go.

Never seen it mentioned before.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I've womdered for some time if some stuff is character bound in the game - like your characters can spawn with differeent variables from the get go.

Never seen it mentioned before.

There was some rumors of this a while ago, tied to chance of getting loot, kind of like the seed number in the old Titan Quest days. But there is a counter rumor that if this did exist, it was fixed.

So supposedly the answer to your question is NO, but I don't think anyone knows definitively.

I get a billion Einhar's though, on all three characters I have at high levels.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There was confirmed seeding issue in early Delve. Some characters were getting 4-socket resonators and bosses aplenty while most were getting little to none. Some people were breaking walls and getting no chests behind them too.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well league is 1/2 over. Seems like it's taking forever. I'm sure it's all mental cause it seems to be dragging on.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Gotta admit, playing with the forum guild is fun for a casual. We have a bunch of helpful, generous folks.

It almost makes me miss MMOs

So I’m doing that ice spear/worb build. It feels retarded, but really low EHP so far.

I have gone with leap slam + fortify and put extended duration on IC-CWDT. Leap slam with all the attack speed trickster gets is LOL. I feel like a coked up kitten.

I’m thinking the big reason the guy used the Doriyani Fire belt whatever it’s called is for the fire damage life leach. Gonna try it this weekend.

I wish the Betrayal board and the memory board were both account wide like delve.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
PoE is like MMOs without having to group with players that are worse than you. Which is everyone.
No 1 hour dungeons.
No 2+ hour raids.
But you still get the character progression and grind.

But fuck you, no AH.

This league does fell like it's really dragging. I thought I was taking much longer than my usual to get 37, but I calculated it out last night and it was 6.5, which is average. GGG seems afraid to interact with the playerbase on reddit. Bex is previewing upcoming events on twitter instead.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve been enjoying playing ‘path of building’ more than poe this league. Can’t wait for the race league now, in what 3 weeks I think?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zizaran usually does it in 3, I think. I mean if you’re in a group there’s ways to coord portals etc to really crunch thru stuff quick, esp act 2 and a few others

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Having all the waypoints shaves hours off. Also having the 50% run speed boots, plus other movement speed stuff like rings/amus/helm/etc also takes a surprising amount of time off. I was able to do it in like 6 hours last time, which is great for me, considering I know I'm slow and still catch myself killing more things than I need to. If I had all the gear ready to go, then I could see myself doing it in 4 or less.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you mean less than 4hours on a fresh league on your own, Raiz did some videos iirc, and there's some guy who made many Kitava kill videos with a variety of skills to show which is viable other than Storm Brand and Winter Orb.

The large part of leveling quickly though is learning to stop doing useless shit, like looting stuff and spending time in town doing like, anything. Knowing exactly what you're doing ahead of time and finding your upgrades quickly out of all the garbage that drops, as well as where you're putting your points so you can keep constantly moving forward, rather than just take "breaks". Another thing is knowing how the general layout of maps go, this comes with some experience especially since the old diagrams from engineering eternity are kinda outdated since they keep fucking around with layout when they add new league mechanics.

Google stuff like race to kitava, kitava under 3hours or whatever on youtube, and check videos. A lot of the races will be taking more risks than you want to do on HC, and most people on live servers will prefer farming blood acqueducts for a little while to get a comfortable level before getting Kitava's penalty but the process to get up there is the same.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
If you want to go fast on a league start or on new char follow this guide: It's not the fastest but it's fast. You leave every quest you don't need and it's optimised so you portal/disconnect when you can.

It should give you a baseline you can optimise. I managed it in under 6 hours playing this guide and i'm very slow compared to most and i hate dying so...Also I play totems pretty much all the time levelling - that helps alot as they are excellent in the acts and you can wreck most shit in a 3/4 link. and you don't have to worry about gear just hp and resists.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The best I can do is an hour an act on average (Act 9 is a lot faster but often 3 is slower) because my OCD will not allow me to skip side quests. I keep trying, but I always do them. So I am a solid 9 hours.

A Racer, I am not.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So, what racer should I watch to learn how to get to maps in less than 4 hours?

I like watching RaizQT. Hes won races before (but not lately), but still has that shit down and hes also funny guy with a bit of charisma too so fun to watch. He also does 1-100 SSF HC races in beginning of leagues too.

• 1Solidarity

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Yes, less than 4 to 5 hours, my average, on a fresh league. It's the little things these racers do that get them in the 2.5-3 hours that I guess I need to take note on. I'll check out Raize's videos and look at the reddit world record posts I recall from the end of betrayal.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yes, less than 4 to 5 hours, my average, on a fresh league. It's the little things these racers do that get them in the 2.5-3 hours that I guess I need to take note on. I'll check out Raize's videos and look at the reddit world record posts I recall from the end of betrayal.

The little things can be attributed to literally playing a game for over 2500 hours. shit like planning build before hand, planning itemization and what to watch for, not overkilling because of exp bonuses and penalties, also knowing the zone layouts like the back of your hand helps too...shit like that.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kyth just mad he missed out on his usual early league map jackpot. Now he has to earn money like the rest of us plebs.

• 1Worf