Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Any league starter should work here. This isn't mayhem nor turmoil, so there really isn't anything pushing a build to the limit.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never done one either, reading that for the gifts do you get all that stuff (level 45, level 55, level 65 etc) automatically or are those the random draw prizes? Would be cool to get some of them.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
You get a mystery box at 35 (sent to you instantly ) and there are limited numbers of other prizes. You won't know if you won one of the other prizes till the end of the league and they will inform you.

I can't belive some people are planning on levelling 20 or so characters to 35 so they can get mystery boxes on reddit wtf.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You get a mystery box at 35 (sent to you instantly ) and there are limited numbers of other prizes. You won't know if you won one of the other prizes till the end of the league and they will inform you.

I can't belive some people are planning on levelling 20 or so characters to 35 so they can get mystery boxes on reddit wtf.
You only get the box once. Unless they mean 20 accounts, but that's not super useful since all the cosmetics are spread.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah i was thinking of the MTX not the box, People are levelling up multiple characters to try and get more MTX.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I havent played POE since Delve but his is the reason I will keep coming back to this game and opening up my wallet to them. I cant think of any other developer that listens to community feedback and addresses concerns like GGG.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well this cemented coming back for the race league for me. Chance to make mountains of implicits that are gonna be legacy? I’m in

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Left a gift in the guild stash tab. Maybe someone can use it, super late in the league tho especially with the race.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
GGG is my favorite dev, PoE is the last real serious game I play. But that doesn't I won't bitch about them, like right now.

Forum - Announcements - Developer Q&A - Part I - Path of Exile

It has been 18 months since you posted the Trade Manifesto. Do you still stand by it?

This question prompted a long discussion. Many hours of senior developers talking about trade. Our conclusion was: Yes, we do stand by everything we wrote in the manifesto. We are not adding a Trade Market to the PC version of Path of Exile.

Trying to trade in bulk maps, currency, and fragments is incredibly inconvenient and time consuming leading to more time spent attempting to acquire items to play the game rather than actually playing the game. Could improvements to the trade system for these types of items be made to help better facilitate bulk trading?

This question also prompted a long discussion, which turned into a conversation about how people acquire specific maps for Atlas completion. Our current thoughts are that we could make this easier, and so we are considering adding an occasional chance for map bosses to drop a map from an adjacent location. If we go ahead with this in 3.7.0, you'll see it in the Patch Notes.

For now there will be no changes to trade itself related to this.

First answer is succinct but disappointing. The second answer only addresses a very small part of the question and is also disappointing.

I hope it's obvious to them that Synthesis is an example of trade's clunkiness effectively limiting the design space of the game. I would love to see a GDC-style presentation from Chris on this topic. I want to know the in-depth reasons they won't touch trade. And it better fucking not be player retention.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Player interaction, Chris brings it up every time he speaks in public I think. It's code for sending whisper after whisper with no response. Depends on how far the league is in and what time of day you play. Not a fan. A lot of times if it wasn't for bots and flippers would get no response at all. Not exaclty player interaction.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
They could milk that easily. A vendor that is up when you're offline with 55 slots : 9.99$, with 110slots 16.99$ etc. That would print money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
They could milk that easily. A vendor that is up when you're offline with 55 slots : 9.99$, with 110slots 16.99$ etc. That would print money.

something like that is probably gonna happen in 4.0. A few more shit leagues and people are gonna start leaving

Borzak

I mentioned it before but I don't really care for their excuse they gave this week. Well the league had to be done during Christmas and it came in late cause we took off for Christmas and such. People are like yeah Christmas, had to take off. I see that, but they set the schedule of when to release leagues. I would love to see how many people played Synthesis league half way or toward the end.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cant imagine it would look good, did they even release a '% of playerbase who completed XX challenges' this league?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
The thought of filling out my atlas again and trading for maps is exactly why I won't play past level 35 in the Flashback league.