Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you're a TRUE cyclone player, this cyclone is no faster than 3.6 cyclone. The reason it says "First Hit deals 50% less Damage" is that they can't seem to make cyclone not deal two hits immediately. So, with 3.6 cyclone, you could get 1.5 * 2 effective speed if you held your mouse REALLY close to your character. Now they baked it into the skill, how nice of them! Although, the "First Hit..." thing still existing makes me think you'll be able to exploit the initial double hit still if you want to, your area might suck because you won't build any stacks(?) and you will travel really slow.

That said, the dps on that skill is
vomit1.png
vomit1.png
vomit1.png
vomit1.png
vomit1.png

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just dont have the experience on anything melee so i'll probably be better of following the path they put out in front of me. The way they're building up cyclone before this league just makes me think it can't be too bad and is probably decent enough to start with similar to starting bane or soulrend for 3.6.
Ofcourse most people can seen this so gear is going to be expensive.

Cyclone can also use infused channeling on top of fortify and endurance charges for an extra 8% + 8% phys dmg reduction while channeling which seems very powerful.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Cyclone just looks so fucking good. And now that's it's a channeling tag... jesus christ. Going to be big boi fast zerkers just cycloning entire screens faster than the speed of light. It's like it's melee Worb or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Cyclone just looks so fucking good. And now that's it's a channeling tag... jesus christ. Going to be big boi fast zerkers just cycloning entire screens faster than the speed of light. It's like it's melee Worb or something.

I am so fucking down with this.

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So what is Farrul's Fur actually used for? I've found it twice across a few leagues now and don't even know what build it goes in besides the "build whatever the fuck I want with my 30ex" build.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Fuck hurry up and release the new season i wanna play!

The cyclone change means you can just hold right click with it and it'll move with you right? thats the one thing i didnt like about doing a ngamhu's flame cyclone character 2 seasons ago :(

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 210271

Ooooh fuck yeah!!!!

That's it! And they put the paw print on it like I asked. I've made my mark on the world.

Side note:

They never asked me on thoughts/approval of the artwork. I re-read the submission process, and they actually imply (but don't say directly) that you don't get to do that. I asked to "please put a paw print somewhere on the art" but interestingly enough they were not obligated to do that, although they did so anyway so it worked out in the end.

Submission Process said:
  • Once we've mutually decided a name, flavour text and reward item, we take over the process. We'll create art for your card, balance its rarity, determine how many you'll need to complete a stack, and assign it to drop in specific locations. It's important that these decisions are left to us because they're integral to the balance of Path of Exile.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So what is Farrul's Fur actually used for? I've found it twice across a few leagues now and don't even know what build it goes in besides the "build whatever the fuck I want with my 30ex" build.

That's why it's so good, it is viable for a lot of builds I think. And I think it will be even MORE valuable with melee re-balance.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
i'm thinking totems (not sure what spell maybe FP) are gonna be a pretty easy start, melee gear is going to be rough and weapons... oof

Did FP totems last league, super strong with no real item requirements.

Might just do Purifying Flame totems and see what happens with melee builds...

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ooooh fuck yeah!!!!

That's it! And they put the paw print on it like I asked. I've made my mark on the world.

Side note:

They never asked me on thoughts/approval of the artwork. I re-read the submission process, and they actually imply (but don't say directly) that you don't get to do that. I asked to "please put a paw print somewhere on the art" but interestingly enough they were not obligated to do that, although they did so anyway so it worked out in the end.

I'm gonna collect a set this league and then get you to sign it for me ^___________^

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
  • Magic monsters now have 50% more life at level 1, up to 75% more life at level 68 and above.
  • Rare monsters now have 33% more life at level 1, up to 100% more life at level 68 and above. They now grant 54% more experience.
LOL. "Everyone does more damage now!.....but not really."

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Well, yeah winter orb was expectedly nerfed to garbage, and storm brand too with no longer allowing shotgunning which is what gave it its insane damage.

Also this nerf is huge for my playstyle:

• The boss fight of the Graveyard map has been completely reworked.

That's one of the very few 3-boss maps that is super easy to complete and always seems to have great drops. lol, guess not anymore!

Everything else seems okay. I'm going with ED/Contagion for starter, then moving to melee. Cyclone looks like it'll be a blast. Kinda tempted to start with cyclone, but too nervous to start league with a melee, even with changes. However, with melee splash:

Melee Splash
  • Now supports Strikes.
  • Now creates a melee splash for each enemy hit, meaning if your Strike attack hits multiple enemies, they can also each hit each other with their overlapping splashes.
  • Now deals 50% less damage with the splash at gem level 1, up to 41% less at gem level 20.
  • Now gains more melee splash area of effect as it levels, up to 57% at gem level 20.
  • Now has a mana multiplier of 140% (from 160%).

cyclone could be insane. However, their wording looks like melee splash only supports strikes, but it doesn't really say that. It says it now supports strikes, but why couldn't it also support other things?

Will be interesting. Its always hard AF to figure out league starters damnit.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty disappointed that the only thing that changed for Wild Strike was +9% dmg at level 20.

Lacerate Berserker for my starter I'm pretty sure

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity