Path of Exile

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Trying to decide whether or not to go sunder/slayer. Probably going to be some juicy stuff people come up with that I can regret into during mapping since slayer will be fotm alongside berserker. I might start with perforate and see how it feels and fall back on sunder if theyve done a bad job with it. Nothing else Jugg related really interests me that isn’t Tectonic.

Caliane

I did just realize I didnt actually ever made a cyclone char before.. maybe thats what I'll do.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Do the patch changes go live in standard league aswell, when the new league goes live? Thinking about just stucking with my flashback league character, because I cant play much anyway.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do the patch changes go live in standard league aswell, when the new league goes live? Thinking about just stucking with my flashback league character, because I cant play much anyway.
Yes, only the new uniques don't(since they're league specific).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Hard not to go ed/contagion. Low life wont be that bad and shavs will probably be 1ex this league, if that

Looks to work great with league mechanic too

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What was the problem with Lancing Steel previously? I didn't try it but I tried Shattering Steel and gave up on it because you couldn't support it with Multistrike.

So, I'm trying to compare HoWA to BLS. BLS *seems* better because you get 4-7 Fire damage, 4 ES, and 2% increased ES per 10 strength while HoWA misses out on flat ES per INT but gets 2% evasion rating per 10 INT. I think the 4 ES beat 2% increased evasion.

What skills does HoWA have over BLS that might even it out?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Lancing Steel buffs look big enough to give it a shot this time I think?

I was gonna do lancing steal with coc but since they took away the shotgun i'd assume there could be less procs, and the upped damage would be doing fuck all for that coc build... which i'm guessing is why they changed that up

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I keep dicking with PoB and always end up with something that looks an awful lot like this

3d5C150.png

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
was going off a LL ES occulist build that was updated to 3.7 and looked decent and es gear / caster gear will be practically free
You'll likely not like the speed at which Occultist plays ED/Contagion. Trickster seems almost required.

Can you link the build?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Forum - Witch - 3.7Queen of Chaos Lahkesis"Essence Drain/Contag/Bane"[CI&LL][HC/SC][All Content]We fine Don't Worry - Path of Exile

it's not super fast watching his video

edit: actually watching some other non-queen trickster builds it's not all that bad
Oh, I don't mean overall clear speed. I'm not a fan bending builds completely towards clear, especially when you have competitive options in gear slots. I meant the feel of casting ED and contagion. On a buffed out Trickster, it's now a bit slower than half a second to get both off perfectly. Occultist might be noticeably, and annoyingly, slower.

Reading the guide a bit, this seems more suited for ED and Bane, not ED/Contagion. He seems to be using Bane for clear in most of his video. Note that Profane Bloom works against Contagion chaining.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I started with that occultist ed/cont or bane/soulrend (either work) and was heading toward shavs. Trickster is by far better. Perfect Form is ideal but really any 600+ Evasion high life chest works until...well...shaper. I’m pretty sure I killed shaper in the +23 life 20c chest deathwing gifted me while I was trying to link my perfect form; also used a 6L bow on bane with just that chaos skill duration enchant. 2000+ fusings and never linked that chest. ended up using deathwings perfect form to kill UE then more or less quit until flashback. Also never made a crazy bow with multiple crafting modifiers.

I’m still tempted to start chieftain tectonic slam or consecrated path.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I started with that occultist ed/cont or bane/soulrend (either work) and was heading toward shavs. Trickster is by far better. Perfect Form is ideal but really any 600+ Evasion high life chest works until...well...shaper. I’m pretty sure I killed shaper in the +23 life 20c chest deathwing gifted me while I was trying to link my perfect form; also used a 6L bow on bane with just that chaos skill duration enchant. 2000+ fusings and never linked that chest. ended up using deathwings perfect form to kill UE then more or less quit until flashback. Also never made a crazy bow with multiple crafting modifiers.

I’m still tempted to start chieftain tectonic slam or consecrated path.
I need to look into bow crafting a bit more, though I'm not sure it's actually better for DoT builds. If you're using another skill to supplement your ED or Soulrend, don't you lose damage on the supplemental skill? Bowcrafting seems to target boosting the socketed skill while sacrificing affixes that will affect all skills, like a 4L Bane or Blight.