Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've never understood the point of empires grasp with cyclone. They're already in range of the ability that will kill them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
PoB is updated btw(well the tree, skills and shit not coming until launch). Said he won't support the new jewel shit cause the algorithm will be hidden and it'll just be a pain in the dick or whatever, so probably you'll have to make custom jewels to get that shit working, but not a big deal since I expect most of them to be garbage unless you drop it in exactly the right spot, which you'll only be able to see if you somehow have access to that one jewel slot. System looks retarded as fuck.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thoughts on how badly occultist got fucked? I felt they ended up just being told to be hybrid or EB/mom.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thoughts on how badly occultist got fucked? I felt they ended up just being told to be hybrid or EB/mom.
Looks like utter shit tbh but I don't know. Problem is ES got fucked in 50 different ways, you get way less on tree, you get way less on items, you get way less on Occultist(minor nodes all nerfed AND 150 base ES removed) and Vile Bastion is also nerfed. Just doesn't really look like you'd be able to make a good ES char anymore, but maybe. Could be something with Occultist hybrid life/es for chaos spells still though since offensive damage output didn't get nerfed, but hard to say if that's worth it.

Caliane

I was thinking shattering/lancing steel Deadeye. But, theres a bunch of interesting new melee skills. hook, bladestorm, perforate.

Accuracy change is a pretty huge, "hidden" nerf to ES too. Evade always paired really well with ES, due to letting it recharge. ES's biggest weakness is alot of small fast hits.
(vile bastion being on the global tree will of course help here, and be pretty much required..)

With melee rebalance, is Shield toss the only skill that still requires namelock?

shield charge with WANDs. woah.

Multistrike nerf, buffs Flickerstrike. Flicker didnt really need more attack speed, it needed more damage per frenzy charge.
Flickerstrike ALSO got chance to gain a frenzy charge on itself.

Flickerstrike, then is also a no brainer for top tier. (esp with the new get out of deadzone move skills)

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I guess I shouldn't have expected them to not nerf Tectonic Slam. :(

Looks like I was right about target acquisition range on WOrb, too lazy to go back and find the post though.

Functionally, what's the difference between Consecrated Path and Chain Hook? Just Consecrated Ground?

Flicker Strike now has a chance to grant frenzy charges on hit?!?! It's still not enough to sustain on single target, but this seems to go against the design of the skill.

I bet that change to Molten Strike(requiring hitting an enemy to make balls) will be bigger than it seems.

• You no longer have to pay Vaal orbs equal to the cost in Chaos orbs to apply Zana's crafting modifiers to corrupted maps.
:emoji_santa:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I knew ES was gonna get nerfed given all the massive boosts it got last 2 leagues, but they nerfed it way way way more than I thought they would.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My ED/Contagion life/ES hybrid lost a bit less than 400 ES going from 3.6 tree to 3.7 tree, seems ok. No way am I planning on playing a regular ES character this league though until I see the numbers shake out. I still might try out a Geoffri's Sanctuary melee ES character though.

I got 4 passives back too because the witch starting ES nodes fucking blow now. Which I can put into Insightfulness, lost less than 300 ES!

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I doubt budget friendly and cyclone are going to go together at the start of this league.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

woah, alot of crazy changes to the ranger/duelist passives.. Alot to parse here.. huge defensive changes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I like the new nodes that let you do blind on attacks and get various effects from blinded enemies(notably 5% less damage taken from blinded enemies) or phase on kill and the min frenzy/end charge nodes. Main issue however is between the phasing on kill and the min frenzy charge minor nodes bonuses, you basically get half of Raider for like 10skill points, which is... kinda fucked up. That raider buff next league is going to be more than well deserved.

Since I'm a masochist I'm thinking of going Viper Strike+Herald of Agony on a Pathfinder. Basically not really use much of the new stuff. I don't care much for Cyclone gameplay and I don't really want to play standard melee shit so eh. Maybe I'll do some sand/blood lacerate or some some shit though.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I guess this is one way of making sure no uses MS in the new melee league:

Now requires that you hit an enemy in order to produce projectiles, and splits the number of projectiles it produces evenly among all targets (if it can). Projectiles now deal 50% less damage at all levels (from 40% less at gem level 1, to 30% less at gem level 20 previously).

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I guess I shouldn't have expected them to not nerf Tectonic Slam. :(

Looks like I was right about target acquisition range on WOrb, too lazy to go back and find the post though.

Functionally, what's the difference between Consecrated Path and Chain Hook? Just Consecrated Ground?

Flicker Strike now has a chance to grant frenzy charges on hit?!?! It's still not enough to sustain on single target, but this seems to go against the design of the skill.

I bet that change to Molten Strike(requiring hitting an enemy to make balls) will be bigger than it seems.

:emoji_santa:

What’s the final terms of the tec nerf? Was the base attack speed normal before and now it’s .8, so losing 20%? The aoe nerf isn’t the worst thing in the world, should still clear ok and it did lousy single target unless you were standing on the boss’s nutsack anyway. Base damage increased a bit which maybe helps but then losing attack speed washes it out plus nerfed multistrike. I’m not a fan of slow hard hitting attacks. They suck in a game that kills you for standing still and it’ll be a huge annoyance to “skillfully “ dodge attacks and lose all kinds of dps doing it. I played a 2 band frost blades that did huge boss deleting damage but the slow attack speed was not fun in any way. It also required too much set up to try and get attacks off since damage windows vs. mechanics can be pretty small.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What’s the final terms of the tec nerf? Was the base attack speed normal before and now it’s .8, so losing 20%? The aoe nerf isn’t the worst thing in the world, should still clear ok and it did lousy single target unless you were standing on the boss’s nutsack anyway. Base damage increased a bit which maybe helps but then losing attack speed washes it out plus nerfed multistrike. I’m not a fan of slow hard hitting attacks. They suck in a game that kills you for standing still and it’ll be a huge annoyance to “skillfully “ dodge attacks and lose all kinds of dps doing it. I played a 2 band frost blades that did huge boss deleting damage but the slow attack speed was not fun in any way. It also required too much set up to try and get attacks off since damage windows vs. mechanics can be pretty small.
25% slower, 25% more damage.

I am dubious on the aoe changes. It's 10% longer but 33% skinnier.

Geoffri's Sanctuary and BLS still looks quite strong, it dodged all of the ES nerfs except for gear-related ones(I never planned my characters to use Dense fossils). Those "Utmost" nodes are pretty good. But it might not be Tectonic Slam anymore.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m tempted to go tectonic or consecrated path chieftain to start. Just looks fun. I’ll probably cave and do ED/cont or Soulrend/bane though.

Also i kinda want to try a tornado shot slayer