Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I tried totem blight and bailed on it almost immediately. Totems never lived long enough to even start channeling it, much less put out any kind of significant damage. Boss fights, and especially legion stuff, is just too much AE damage for them to survive.

ED/contagion is really good at map clear, but I'm not sure how long I can reasonably play this. It's super unsatisfying compared to something like even vortex/cold snap with their shatters, much less any of the top tier melee stuff right now.

Probably use the currency I've made with it and try some kind of tornado shot build out. Looks to have similar clear speed, but it was way more "engaging" looking in terms of how it plays. Or maybe just fire the gladiator back up on Thursday if they fix everything.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
ED/contagion is really good at map clear, but I'm not sure how long I can reasonably play this. It's super unsatisfying compared to something like even vortex/cold snap with their shatters, much less any of the top tier melee stuff right now.

I find it very satisfying, but in a totally different way. I can totally see how its not to some though. The playstyle is miserable but I don't think there's anything remotely faster for the league mechanic. I mean like not even on the same page.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Just Lovely

3.7.2 patch notes are nice, I really like that Horizon orbs are getting a space. They need to keep the stash tabs that are purchased up to date. We'll see if flame dash is fixed. I don't have a lot of faith given the last time they tried to fix it.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Did they fix the deal where you if you used a movement skill there was a delay in interacting with something like opening a chest or something. Seems like there's still a funky deal with movement skills even leap slam now. You stop mid leap and attack stuff with default attack sometimes.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The luck continues.

These two loreweaves navali gave me.

She gave me this one, and I was shocked at how good it rolled.

Then I collected 60 more rings, and got another one, and I couldn't believe my eyes.

I know loreweave isn't the hot shit it used to be, but holy shit that thing has to be worth a shitload of ex, yes?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Really nice loreweaves are still desirable. Probably 8-10ex i would imagine? Unlinked.

You got really lucky with those, it's a nightmare to get decent rolls all over on it.

I still keep one laying about as it's very handy to have in case you want to bump your survivability, especially with cyclone. Also it's pretty easy to colour for loads of builds.

Borzak

Got one these this morning. Dunno if I should sell it or try to 6 link it. No spells, hmmm dunno. Never saw it before.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Probably got the best item i've ever have just drop yesterday. Two socket Tombfist which I take are still pretty good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
They made the double leapslam problem worse. Now it can act like my button is stuck for seconds or untill i start cycloning or something to break out of the leapslam spam. Less occasionally i can be stuck channeling cyclone aswell when im not pressing the button any more.

Borzak

Yeah, thought the server was stuttering again till I figured out what was happening.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Bladestorm fix certainly makes the DPS pretty good, and cleans up a lot of the clear speed cause you aren't waiting for a sandstorm tick on every pack now.

Gladiator/bladestorm remains pretty shit at popping Legions unfortunately. Bleed explosions work on the "live" mobs now which is nice, but actually breaking all the frozen ones remains a pain in the dick. Maybe you can fix it with more DPS?

Even with the fixes Bladestorm remains basically just inferior to Cyclone in every discernible way.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the "melee" league is really Cyclone league, I tried EQ and while it's good it just doesn't hold a candle to cyclone.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The issue really is Legion. Cyclone is the only "melee" skill with enough AE/DPS to reasonably interact with the mechanic, and even then it's pretty piss poor compared to ED or Tornado Shot etc.

If the mechanic this league was Delve or something a lot of the melee skills would look a lot more attractive.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
The issue really is Legion. Cyclone is the only "melee" skill with enough AE/DPS to reasonably interact with the mechanic, and even then it's pretty piss poor compared to ED or Tornado Shot etc.

If the mechanic this league was Delve or something a lot of the melee skills would look a lot more attractive.

Frost Blades works incredibly well.