Path of Exile

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I'm not quite sure exactly what Cutedog is doing on stream right now with timeless jewels and legion battles but it's fucking insane. He's done a whole level 99 on this single stream and the amount of loot he's getting is fucking LOL.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
He pretty much turns the game into a meme every league. GGG is going to nerf every fucking thing except headhunter and all the ridiculous shit around it and he’ll use it next league to do the same shit.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol someone in chat yesterday said watching cute dog was a gkick. Not sure who was that but clearly he’s rubbed some the wrong way. I don’t ‘get’ it with him anyways, why mispronounce things , I guess he’s trolling but it comes across as try-hard

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Think of a tryhard faggot like quin69 but he actually knows how to play the game. And RMT without getting caught.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'll be starting my melee character tonight, ED is simply going to be a money farmer until the melee can catch up and do 5-emblem fights in lol worthy fashion.

Cyclone, ahoy!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Think of a tryhard faggot like quin69 but he actually knows how to play the game. And RMT without getting caught.

when you say rmt I assume you mean he's selling shit (he'd be almost stupid not to), because his whole thing is breaking the game and he does it within a week or so every league. He'd never have a need to buy shit.

Not counting the money exchanger bots I'd say he's probably near the top of the richest 'earned through playing' players every league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
when you say rmt I assume you mean he's selling shit (he'd be almost stupid not to), because his whole thing is breaking the game and he does it within a week or so every league. He'd never have a need to buy shit.

Not counting the money exchanger bots I'd say he's probably near the top of the richest 'earned through playing' players every league.
Nah, he seems to accrue money and character progression faster than what's reasonable even for a streamer that plays as much as he does.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'll be starting my melee character tonight, ED is simply going to be a money farmer until the melee can catch up and do 5-emblem fights in lol worthy fashion.

Cyclone, ahoy!

I did the opposite and did a cyclone slayer then ed/cont. Casual on each but I think cyclone is more fun, it's just tough to not play my ed/cont trickster cause it pops those legions so satisfyingly

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I wonder what people are using for a PC? I use a pretty low end PC (one of them at least). I have two, one an I7 with a 1080 but run PoE a lot on my other computer just cause it's convenient for where it is. AMD 8350 with 1050ti, not exactly high end and I've never experienced any of that at all.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Going to be hilarious next league when cyclone is nerfed and everyone completely abandons melee and all of its shitty "improvements" and the game is right back where it was. I'm not sure I can ever go back to a skill that cant attack on the move or at the very least doesnt have huge aoe coverage. I've contemplated rolling up a new character but they haven't done anything to make the other new or reworked skills enticing.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think I played this for a few hours on first release. Looking for something mindless to play when I'm awake at 3am on my days off staying on schedule for my night shifts.

Is this mmo ish where just starting now is going to be boring/frustrating, or still wortwhile to fuck around with. Any big plate fighter types fun or is everything dominated by just dominated by castery do classes.

Borzak

Pretty pumped. Been real poor. Needed a new 2h axe. Highest pDps one I could find. Paid 15c. I haven't looked yet but trademacro had it at 1.5ex. Probably not worth anything near that but it beat out the other 15c stuff which is all the C I had. Definite upgrade for me. Really suprsided the seller answered on first whisper.

As far as plate guys and such. The meta builds change each league. Leagues last 3 months. So if you play leagues it's 3 months at most you'll use the character. A lot of people do more than 1 character in a league. Get them geared out do all the stuff you want then start over or take off till the next league. This league that just started 2 weeks ago is a melee rebalance league and 2handers are the "in" thing right now. A few leagues ago it was arc totem casters. It changes, doesn't mean you can't do all you want to do with a ton of different builds/classes. Classes aren't like most other types of games. You use gems in equipment of varying types, melee attacks, spells and such.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Supposedly, cutedog allows his guild members--made of patreon subscribers--to loot his maps. I don't know if that's a usual thing for streamers but it's a slick way to skirt the system.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pretty pumped. Been real poor. Needed a new 2h axe. Highest pDps one I could find. Paid 15c. I haven't looked yet but trademacro had it at 1.5ex. Probably not worth anything near that but it beat out the other 15c stuff which is all the C I had. Definite upgrade for me. Really suprsided the seller answered on first whisper.

As far as plate guys and such. The meta builds change each league. Leagues last 3 months. So if you play leagues it's 3 months at most you'll use the character. A lot of people do more than 1 character in a league. Get them geared out do all the stuff you want then start over or take off till the next league. This league that just started 2 weeks ago is a melee rebalance league and 2handers are the "in" thing right now. A few leagues ago it was arc totem casters. It changes, doesn't mean you can't do all you want to do with a ton of different builds/classes. Classes aren't like most other types of games. You use gems in equipment of varying types, melee attacks, spells and such.

View attachment 212494
Also, for free to play, what's the cash sink for them. Is it sinking a lot of RMT into buying hawt items like this 2h you just got, or just cosmetics or convenience things like bigger stache?

Borzak

Also, for free to play, what's the cash sink for them. Is it sinking a lot of RMT into buying hawt items like this 2h you just got, or just cosmetics or convenience things like bigger stache?

No real RMT. It's free to play, start a character and try it out on the legion league. If you like it you can buy some stash tabs when they go on sale. Until then you won't need them anyway just starting out. I avoided it for a while because it was "free to play". Not that way at all like a lot of free to play games. They don't annoy you for stuff, other than every often in chat the they put a reminder of what is on sale. That's it.

They make money with Mtx on stuff like cosmetic stuff if you want to dress up your character, that doesn't impact the game at all. They sell stash tabs, stash tabs that allow better sorting stuff like a currency tab, map tab, and a couple of other things. Premium stash tabs allow you to rename them and stuff put in them can be listed on the trade websites so your stuff for sale shows up on websites.They also sell supporter packs that again don't impact gameplay at all, mostly more dress up stuff.

Most people who play any time at all get some stash tabs. GGG puts them on sale about every 3 weeks. Once you get the ones you want they're yours forever. Even if you buy them it's not a huge investment. Maybe $20 for a set of the most used ones like a premium tab, currency tab (the one you will want if you play long at all).

Don't like your characters, start a new one. Want to change some skills you can refund your skill points (with regret currency) and spend it on something else.

If you start I would do the direct download and make a character rather than steam. Just for the fact the updates on patch day for a new league and stuff steam kind of lags behind and is sloooow compared to the direct download from GGG. If you like steam and do it that way you can always get GGG to move it so you can download direct from GGG. That's what I did.

Of course other people probably have other things to say. I'm kind of the in guild retard.

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I think I played this for a few hours on first release. Looking for something mindless to play when I'm awake at 3am on my days off staying on schedule for my night shifts.

Is this mmo ish where just starting now is going to be boring/frustrating, or still wortwhile to fuck around with. Any big plate fighter types fun or is everything dominated by just dominated by castery do classes.

Now is the perfect time to start playing. It's a couple of weeks into the new league so you have 8+ weeks left to play. After a couple of weeks most gear that you'd need for a new player build would be cheaper as the economy has settled down somewhat after the league release.

Try and find a build on the offical forums. I don't know what people are recommending right now.

For your first character you probably want something tanky, -jugg, gladiator, chieftan etc. You can make nearly any class tanky(ish) but it's best to start of with something that has tanky nodes and ascendancies.

This game is very frustrating if you start with a bad build - you'll die all the time or have no dps or both. The game has challenging parts from the get go, so it helps to follow something tried and true.

It's a very rewarding game if you enjoy it.

Borzak

You can do what I did. I made my own build to start, got to a point I never died. Ever. But took forever to kill stuff. Then found a new player oriented build and started over. Then I at least knew what I was looking for.