Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm not really convinced, unless you have godlike rolls, you almost always want rares anyway, because what's going to kill you is lack of resists, not lack of damage and good luck maxing them without rares in almost all slots. Twinked gear may provide some interesting exceptions.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm not really convinced, unless you have godlike rolls, you almost always want rares anyway, because what's going to kill you is lack of resists, not lack of damage and good luck maxing them without rares in almost all slots. Twinked gear may provide some interesting exceptions.
Scion would be great for this I think, you get access to 3 jewel slots like literally within the first 20levels, and one of the area has resists nodes so you can grab 28% all resist for a few points investment. 3 of these, you don't even need that many blues to get crazy damage, like it's 75%additional dmg per blue, only 3slots is 225% additional damage and you can get that at like lvl 20ish on a Scion, that's retarded broken for leveling and it'd be pretty easy to cap cruel resists with only 3 blue slots(which can provide resists themselves).

Obviously, you'd need 3 of these jewels first, so that's not quite your everyday setup, but for rerolling shit I think it'd become the standard. Granted only Scion gets that many jewel slots that early, it might not be quite as good on other classes, but it's still an insanely strong leveling option, even one jewel and 2 blues is still 50%increased damage, if you compare the usual amount of increased damage you get on the tree, that's ridiculous.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Byr, are you familiar with the basic recipes? Weapon + whetstone + rustic sash = weapon with IPD%; sash rarity dictates IPD percentage?

Vendor recipe system - Path of Exile Wiki
Very much so, I actually had a bow better than these would craft for lvl 38-50. Damage was still abysmal.

Scion would be great for this I think, you get access to 3 jewel slots like literally within the first 20levels, and one of the area has resists nodes so you can grab 28% all resist for a few points investment. 3 of these, you don't even need that many blues to get crazy damage, like it's 75%additional dmg per blue, only 3slots is 225% additional damage and you can get that at like lvl 20ish on a Scion, that's retarded broken for leveling and it'd be pretty easy to cap cruel resists with only 3 blue slots(which can provide resists themselves).

Obviously, you'd need 3 of these jewels first, so that's not quite your everyday setup, but for rerolling shit I think it'd become the standard. Granted only Scion gets that many jewel slots that early, it might not be quite as good on other classes, but it's still an insanely strong leveling option, even one jewel and 2 blues is still 50%increased damage, if you compare the usual amount of increased damage you get on the tree, that's ridiculous.
Youll notice it says limit of 1. Cant have more than 1 socketed at a time.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Very much so, I actually had a bow better than these would craft for lvl 38-50. Damage was still abysmal.

What skills were you using that your damage was so bad? I've played a lot of self-found bow characters and damage is never the category I struggle with (unless these new changes give the mobs like 5x the health)...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Oh right hadn't read it again and forgot that from earlier. Still good though as I said though even with 1, just having 2 or 3 blues would make that node super strong. Pretty easy to fit that amount of blues in newb gear if you use Goldrim and what not. Would be swapped out once you hit merciless but that's still nice.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What skills were you using that your damage was so bad? I've played a lot of self-found bow characters and damage is never the category I struggle with (unless these new changes give the mobs like 5x the health)...
Played rain of arrows for a while and then LMPed tornado shot. Ive played a lot of bow characters, their leveling dps is always shitty compared to other ways to do it.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
didnt wizardhawk quit the forums?!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Played rain of arrows for a while and then LMPed tornado shot. Ive played a lot of bow characters, their leveling dps is always shitty compared to other ways to do it.
With herald of ice+hatred it's not that bad anymore, but it's still pretty shit unless you buy semi decent bows on the way. In general, attack based builds make for pretty poor self found chars, unless going like elemental builds which tend to scale better with shit gear. I think bow builds are a little bit better though because you can put more points into damage nodes earlier without risking as much, being ranged and all. Much better to make a caster of sort at the start of the league then use currency/drops you got on an attack build, don't even have to level to 90 or whatever, you just clear all the quests and get to 70ish then you're ready to start an attack build, and that shit takes like 2-3days(or 1day of hardcore play).

I read they removed the duration nodes on the skill tree, wonder if they'll re-add something or what. I don't think I've seen any SRS changes on reddit, so without the 90%duration from the skill tree, the skill is hugely nerfed, unless there's some jewels that help with that. Sucks cause I wanted to do SRS again for 2.0, probably with like chaos golem and spectres or some shit to change a bit from the zombies last time.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With herald of ice+hatred it's not that bad anymore, but it's still pretty shit unless you buy semi decent bows on the way. In general, attack based builds make for pretty poor self found chars, unless going like elemental builds which tend to scale better with shit gear. I think bow builds are a little bit better though because you can put more points into damage nodes earlier without risking as much, being ranged and all. Much better to make a caster of sort at the start of the league then use currency/drops you got on an attack build, don't even have to level to 90 or whatever, you just clear all the quests and get to 70ish then you're ready to start an attack build, and that shit takes like 2-3days(or 1day of hardcore play).
As a preview, hatred is now a lvl 31 gem and you dont get it until cruel. Other than that though the biggest impact is the increased health on mobs. Getting less pot charges is murder at these low levels. Updated story is that my ranger is 63 with GMP tornado shot and just demolishing everything as if its a live server. No real changes indeed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well I guess you could run double herald until then, assuming they didn't change heralds. And yeah I don't think they touched Tornado Shot at all, they did make other stuff better though, like Split Arrow doesn't look like total garbage until high level anymore. Problem is you still need a way to kill shit single target, while Tornado is more or less self sufficient.

I'm probably not playing an archer build for a while though, I played one in the 1month as my reroll and it got boring as shit. It was very strong though, just I found it boring.

Also they're doing a 5 day solo event starting this weekend(I think? they said more news soonish). Solo event meaning, trade disabled and no party, so that's pretty interesting for people who like to play self found and shit. I might give it a go, even though I'd need to figure out a build. Will most likely have beta keys as rewards.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Recent News:

Divination Cards (???)
Path of Exile

5 day solo race beginning on the weekend to reward beta keys.

Chris keeps hinting at Cutthroat, too.

Caliane

Well I guess you could run double herald until then, assuming they didn't change heralds. And yeah I don't think they touched Tornado Shot at all, they did make other stuff better though, like Split Arrow doesn't look like total garbage until high level anymore. Problem is you still need a way to kill shit single target, while Tornado is more or less self sufficient.

I'm probably not playing an archer build for a while though, I played one in the 1month as my reroll and it got boring as shit. It was very strong though, just I found it boring.

Also they're doing a 5 day solo event starting this weekend(I think? they said more news soonish). Solo event meaning, trade disabled and no party, so that's pretty interesting for people who like to play self found and shit. I might give it a go, even though I'd need to figure out a build. Will most likely have beta keys as rewards.
heralds are now 30% now. And yeah, apparently tornado shot is not touched. it still shotguns.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
heralds are now 30% now. And yeah, apparently tornado shot is not touched. it still shotguns.
Well it doesn't like, shotgun in the way spells did. Same way LA firing in a pack with fork/chain isn't shotgun, even though most targets will get hit like several times per LA.

Heralds at 30% is still fine to run 2 of while leveling till 31 when you can get Hatred. But I guess it makes it a lot harder to run Hatred+2heralds even lategame without like getting both the templar aura node and the shadow one or something like that. Or using EB with the few combos that make it not complete garbage, though those require uniques and shit.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So just died to reflect at lvl 70. Tornado Shot has actually been buffed quite a bit. LMP/GMP now dont reduce as much damage they used to and when you hit something 5-6 times per shot it has a huge effect. Couple that with the Ondars Guile change and I just popped myself in 1 shot, lol.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Reverse knockback? Hrmm that is a game changer.
It's broken right now and I'm not saying shit. If you can time them correctly, add in a gem and a node... it can stun lock boss mobs and ping pong them bewteen two totems until they explode loot.

Everyone is too busy trying to get to level 100 on a beta to actually test shit out and have fun. Their alpha team must be gigantic fucking aids and cry babies.