Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The shockwave totems with the gloves look pretty cool, Havoc is playing that, makes Shockwave totem actually insanely good since mobs aren't push away from the totems but instead into it, meaning it's less risky for you and better for damage. They might nerf the pulling power though, looks kinda too good. I think changing the gloves to like "knockback now pulls for half the power" or something would probably be decent.

That said there's a fuckton of stuff that's been buffed. For all the nerfs to specific current top tier stuff, so much other stuff has been buffed there's gonna be a lot of "broken" stuff I feel. So many supports were unfucked(Iron Will, LMP/GMP if you don't count shotgun, spelltotem, slower projectile, remote mine, etc) and many skills baseline has gone up quite a lot from various changes, plus new weapon types that don't suck as much, new skills and jewels supporting a wide variety of stuff that would generally require more annoying solutions. For example you can roll spell damage leech or ES on hit on rare jewels. And unique jewels obviously, so many good ones that lets you drop certain supports(increasing dmg since you can now use like pen or added x or whatever) or uniques which lets you use another better unique.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Who is going to poopsock the 5d self-found league? Top 35 from each (SC/HC) get keys!

The salt on reddit is real.

edit: Teaser about how no one picked up on the hint dropped on Morsexier's stream... speculation: check Path to Exile card text.Path to Exile (Conflux) - Gatherer - Magic: The Gathering

Could be interpreted as: kill target boss, take unique and put it inventory...

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They added 25 more keys to random people who reach level 70 in the self found. I'll participate just to see how things end up on the latter since people can't group/carry through most content.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It's broken right now and I'm not saying shit. If you can time them correctly, add in a gem and a node... it can stun lock boss mobs and ping pong them bewteen two totems until they explode loot.

Everyone is too busy trying to get to level 100 on a beta to actually test shit out and have fun. Their alpha team must be gigantic fucking aids and cry babies.
That is exactly what I was thinking, just bounce dudes back and forth. Awesome.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Is a short-lived beta that comes with a wipe (my assumption) really that exciting? I mean I like reading about the changes but I dont need to be in the beta for that. I cant fathom getting rustled about the way they distribute their beta access. Imagine the whines if they had just made it P2Beta like the base game back then.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is a short-lived beta that comes with a wipe (my assumption) really that exciting? I mean I like reading about the changes but I dont need to be in the beta for that. I cant fathom getting rustled about the way they distribute their beta access. Imagine the whines if they had just made it P2Beta like the base game back then.
Eh, a lot of people were overhyped about act4 being "soon", but instead it's the beta so they really want in, plus the current game is dead since the 1month is over(and has been for a while for most people). And yeah it's getting wiped, more than once most likely, they said they'll probably wipe several times during the beta and nothing carries over once it's over(maybe cosmetics, maybe, but I'd assume they'd do like an open beta weekend at the end so everyone has a chance, they haven't said anything in that regard though). I assume next week or so they might have the skill tree changes ready and they'll wipe for that. Maybe they'll wait to sync up with lockstep release.

Ryanz

<Banned>
So if you're looking to get into beta, and you have the next 5 days to do nothing but play PoE, and you're actually decent at the game...then boy are you in luck! There will be a 5 day, solo, self found Standard, and Hardcore league to compete in for beta keys. Top 35 players in both leagues will get beta keys (so 70 total). Any character that reaches lvl 70 in each league will be put into a lotto for another 25 beta keys (per league) being given out. Event starts in 11 hours from now, so 3pm CST.

Heres the official announcement thread:Forum - Announcements - End of One Month Torment/Bloodlines Leagues and Announcement of Five Day Solo Leagues (Updated!) - Path of Exile

Best of luck if you're participating.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
More info on Divination Cards revealed on ZiggyD's stream (3 hour interview with Chris earlier). Youtube video upload pending. Chris said its essentially a mechanism to deterministically farm targeted uniques, and that top-tier supporters are designing the cards themselves. Didn't reveal the exact mechanism, but did say that the cards themselves are tradeable. Sounds like their intent is to do something similar for high-end uniques that Vorici offers for 6Ls. People who trade will benefit by being able to trade "pieces" of uniques; people who don't trade will now have some way to influence the RNG for a particular unique.

All in all, sounds like a really good idea. I think its ironic that two years ago, PoE got a lot of flack regarding how brutal the RNG was... these days, with the numerous balance passes, the addition of master-crafting, and now the upcoming Divination Cards... it looks like they may reach a functional balance between rich loot complexity AND actual playability that doesn't hinge on a certain amount of trading. Ironically, my D3 friends are pissed that Blizzard continues to take D3 in the opposite direction (2 years of solo farming for 90th percent chance to see a top-end unique in D3).

Guess we'll have to wait and see how it actually works, but it is clear that the intent is there. Solo + self/found players should be chortling in joy.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Here's all the zone changes from Acts 1, 2, & 3 (no real spoilers, some of the more monotonous zones have been removed/shortened)

Summary:
Here is a list of the changes:
Act 1:
The waypoint in the mudflats has been removed and placed at the Coast near the entrance to the tidal island.
The submerged passage now only consists of 1 level. The waypoint has been moved to the start of the entrance.
The Climb and Prisoners Gate seem smaller.
The Coves has been completely removed.
Act 2:
Chamber of Sins level 3 has been removed. The waypoint for level 2 has been moved as well.
The Riverways now has a waypoint and leads to different zones.
The Dark Forest Zone has been completely removed.
The Weavers Chambers is now located in the Western Forest.
You now enter the Vaal ruins after the Wetlands, and there is a waypoint just outside the entrance. Vaal ruins.
The Vaal Ruins level 2 has been removed.
When you exit the Vaal Ruins, you now enter a new zone called "The Northern Forest"
Caverns level 2 has been removed.
Act 3:
Clarissa (and the quest associated with her) is now found in The City of Sarn. Perpetus has been moved to the Slums.
Warehouse sewers layout changed.
Unique Legionnaire mobs now roam the Warehouse area.
Marketplace WP is no longer located next to the catacombs entrance.
Solaris Temple level 1 and 2 is now linear areas and thus much easier to navigate through.
The Sewer Waterway zone after destroying the burning butthole is gone.
The Ebony Barracks waypoint has been relocated.
The Lunaris Temple now only consists of 2 levels. Level 1 and 2 has been merged together and the WP is located close to the entrance to level 3.

Argarth

On the verandah
Solo + self/found players should be chortling in joy.
Hope you're right; only thing that would bring me back really. Haven't played since shortly after Dominus was released.

Hopefully the desync fix is the real deal as well, that rubbish really needs to become nothing more than a bad memory. =)

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Hope you're right; only thing that would bring me back really. Haven't played since shortly after Dominus was released.

Hopefully the desync fix is the real deal as well, that rubbish really needs to become nothing more than a bad memory. =)
My understanding is that the masters expansion unfucked a lot of the problems self-found people have. But the fact remains that you're 99 percent screwed if you want to play a build with Shavs or some other high-end unique. Without trading, you're looking at months of farming to see something like that. I'm pretty excited to see how these cards work out; if it works out well then they may actually have a system that works for all players.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah build defining uniques are still an issue, crafting a bit less so. You won't craft the perfect items for cheap, but you can craft decent items or make otherwise shitty items into decent items(similar to D3 enchanting they added in RoS which lets you take this garbage legendary weapon and roll a socket on it, or for more high end purpose, roll 10%damage on it then add a socket with a ramalalnregzarz thingie). It makes it a lot easier to just get your gear in a good place without relying on trading at all.

But if you want to run a build that uses a specific unique, you're generally shit out of luck unless you find the unique first then decide to roll a build to use it. This is the same situation as in D3 where sure there's potentially multiple viable build for a class, but your build is pretty much dictated by what drops. You can't play certain builds/skills without having the entire(and by entire I mean 5pieces out of 7) set that actually makes the skill usable.

Now in D3 you have gambling. It lets you target certain slots and try to RNG your way into what you want. It's not optimal, but it's something. I assume Divination cards will serve the same purpose somehow. It shouldn't give you whatever you want as soon as you want it, but increasing the chances of getting a specific item is a pretty big deal. I guess to an extent you can chance white items of the unique you want but the chance is so atrociously low, and chances aren't that common either, unlike D3's gambling process which basically takes like 30mins to fill up your blood shards then buy like 20items of that slot, and the fact legendaries are a lot more common than uniques.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
To be fair, players who are playing self found only (no trading no nothing) probably shouldn't be letting their entire game experience hinge on being able to use one or 3 of the rarest items in the game. That's like saying we might as well make the mirror worthy items (like Loath Bane etc.) super common because it's not fair that self found players can't use that super duper OP rare that cost 7500 exalts to make.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
To be fair, players who are playing self found only (no trading no nothing) probably shouldn't be letting their entire game experience hinge on being able to use one or 3 of the rarest items in the game. That's like saying we might as well make the mirror worthy items (like Loath Bane etc.) super common because it's not fair that self found players can't use that super duper OP rare that cost 7500 exalts to make.
I tend to agree, but if a solution exists that lets people work incrementally towards an uber-rare over time, I'm all for it. D3 ended up feeling pretty soulless to me since a huge portion of loot gathering is simply shoveling truckloads of shards into Kadala and there is no functional difference between 0 shards and 100k shards if you haven't RNGed up your item yet. As someone willing to trade, I can enjoy accumulating wealth knowing I'm moving towards a big purchase -- as someone who sometimes likes to get badass shit on my own, I'm also intrigued by the Div Cards. If I can make some incremental progress nightly on building a Shavs or some such, while also enjoying slaughtering random shit in maps, then its the best of both worlds.

It doesn't really bother me too much if an uber rare valued at a gazillion exalts is now valued at just 20 or some shit. I play HC so that economy tends to stay relatively clean regardless; and its not like the faceless masses will start trivializing the game if they get a bit more access to build-defining uniques... I've seen way too many vet PoE players RIP to think this game is in danger of becoming trivial.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Summary:
Act 1:
The waypoint in the mudflats has been removed and placed at the Coast near the entrance to the tidal island.
The submerged passage now only consists of 1 level. The waypoint has been moved to the start of the entrance.
The Climb and Prisoners Gate seem smaller. (Byr Edit: These arnt smaller at all, guy is just wrong. The only functional change to these zones is in Prisoners Gate. That orignal cliff(right word? not really sure what to call it) has a ramp down at the location of the passage onward into the rest of the zone rather than just at the start/end of the cliff. A very nice change)
Act 2:
Chamber of Sins level 3 has been removed. The waypoint for level 2 has been moved as well.
The Riverways now has a waypoint and leads to different zones. (Byr edit: leads to Western Forest and Wetlands)
You now enter the Vaal ruins after the Wetlands, and there is a waypoint just outside the entrance. Vaal ruins.
The Vaal Ruins level 2 has been removed. (Byr edit: Vaal Ruins 2 wasnt so much removed as moved to the same zone as Vaal Ruins 1...which is now twice as big as it was before. One of the changes Id undo given the chance)
When you exit the Vaal Ruins, you now enter a new zone called "The Northern Forest"
Act 3:
Clarissa (and the quest associated with her) is now found in The City of Sarn. Perpetus has been moved to the Slums.
Warehouse sewers layout changed. (Byr edit: Waypoint much easier to find now, run through it naturally most the time)
Unique Legionnaire mobs now roam the Warehouse area. (Byr edit: roam is a terrible word for this, they dont move at all and theyre called the Gemling Legionnaires)
Marketplace WP is no longer located next to the catacombs entrance. (Byr edit: Its always located next to the entrance the the second half of the zone after that long line of statues, nice change.)
Solaris Temple level 1 and 2 is now linear areas and thus much easier to navigate through.
The Lunaris Temple now only consists of 2 levels. Level 1 and 2 has been merged together and the WP is located close to the entrance to level 3. (Byr edit: Um...located at the stairs down to level 2)
cleared that up a bit more and some of it is just outright wrong.

Argarth

On the verandah
Agreed, and I never expected to see them drop either. I did find a Carcass Jack, and a pretty good shield (can't remember the name) that worked well with my Infernal Blow Duelist. The issue for me: I found a rare level 53 axe with very average rolls when my Duelist was 60-ish, and that was the best weapon I ever found/crafted until I quit in disgust @ level 85.

So yeah, not looking for handouts, and I still had a lot of fun (~800 hours). 'Twas the brutal RNG that killed it for me in the end.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
Here's all the zone changes from Acts 1, 2, & 3 (no real spoilers, some of the more monotonous zones have been removed/shortened)
Summary:
Act 1:
The Climb and Prisoners Gate seem smaller.
Act 2:
The Riverways now has a waypoint and leads to different zones.
The Vaal Ruins level 2 has been removed.
When you exit the Vaal Ruins, you now enter a new zone called ?The Northern Forest?
Act 3:
Warehouse sewers layout changed.
Unique Legionnaire mobs now roam the Warehouse area.
Marketplace WP is no longer located next to the catacombs entrance.
The Lunaris Temple now only consists of 2 levels. Level 1 and 2 has been merged together and the WP is located close to the entrance to level 3.
The group of Legionnaires in the Warehouse district are pretty rough, but manageable. Im running a ranger Cleave build with Herald of Ice and Herald of Fire and Im getting along OK. I've gotten three jewels so far, two of which are unique; one of which was a quest reward. I greatly appreciate the streamlined zones as I'm a completionist and it feels far less spastic than before.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Agreed, and I never expected to see them drop either. I did find a Carcass Jack, and a pretty good shield (can't remember the name) that worked well with my Infernal Blow Duelist. The issue for me: I found a rare level 53 axe with very average rolls when my Duelist was 60-ish, and that was the best weapon I ever found/crafted until I quit in disgust @ level 85.

So yeah, not looking for handouts, and I still had a lot of fun (~800 hours). 'Twas the brutal RNG that killed it for me in the end.
Did you play after the release of hideouts / mastercrafting? I don't know very much about weapon builds; but I thought it'd be relatively easy to mastercraft something superior to a 53 rare.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh he's talking about the new supporter packs, they sound pretty cool, I was thinking of dumping some money on these this time around and it seems I will since they have some nice stuff in them it seems. Full info on supporter packs is apparently coming tomorrow or something.