Path of Exile

khalid

Unelected Mod
I didn't end up playing essence but I believe there's some essences that make +gem weapons easier to craft though, so might not be that bad.

Shrieking Essence of Rage - Official Path of Exile Wiki
Gives you +2 to fire gems, which you can then use on a 5l for a fairly cheap 5l weapon up to red maps.

You can then take any 6l staff, use that to get +2 and then craft on the +1 to get a +3.

So I think SRS gear will be fine.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
yeah, dw clayshaper fire golems, ancestral bond SRS totems necro sounds awesome...
Do you have a tree in mind ? I have been avoiding SRS, since the indirect nature bores me, but if I can roll around with dual golems murdering everything on top, I might give it a try. Anyway, there's no reason to NOT go CI I think.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I wonder if the nerfed soulstrike will still be good enough to go bow with SRS? Probably? Will see I guess, big nerf though.

Caliane

Do you have a tree in mind ? I have been avoiding SRS, since the indirect nature bores me, but if I can roll around with dual golems murdering everything on top, I might give it a try. Anyway, there's no reason to NOT go CI I think.
not really. just spitballing, Necro with AB, zealots oath,and possibly dual curse.
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAOkzIwBy3...DY5rPcU1odNpiGFYVJ4yxm4q-T0iODeJHhTkLAAAAAAA=

Skipping AB and self casting SRS might be better as well.
Since spell totem wastes a gemslot. probably so. given the idea is dual clayshapers. (which obvs remove the shield nodes in hindsight as well.) and only 1 6l. can psuedo 5l gloves/helm with Essence.

Just look at any SRS build. Run clayshapers as weapons. And run either the golems or SRS in a "socketed skills have 16% more attack/cast speed" glove.

Most minions scale with pretty much the same things. so are fairly interchangable.

lab glove enchants will stack with essance mods. such as the insanity glove mentioned^. (OF war, and Of reflection are both minions as well, and also scale with skill effect duration.)

40% minion damage HELM is an implicit. it does NOT stack with lab helm enchant.

Last edited:

Caliane

Raider trick.

Blade vortex+fast cast+inc duration for all of them.
CWDT+BV as well.
The 20% on hit from BV hitting the boss every 600ms, should help fuel anything you do. including flicker. (flicker will still burn frenzy faster then generated, with just flicker.)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can run low life for more auras, summon builds generally make very good use of auras, SRS especially makes use of all 3 of the damage auras and Haste very well, as well as Discipline obviously. Purity if you run killable minions too, and you can blasphemy dual/tri curse also fairly easily and shit, so yeah LL is a very viable alternative, although it's super costly in comparison.

Tree is probably the same tree as usual, Witch start through ES nodes, then decide wether you go left through Lord of the Dead(good for zombies) or right then down through the Scion ES node, branch up for spectre nodes(not necessarily to use spectres but because of attackspeed scaling) and double curse, and towards templar minion nodes for dmg node and life regen(especially if you use zombies), down towards scion for duration and the best minion node, then go back to witch start and branch right towards shadow to grab CI/ES nodes. 2nd duration node is annoying to get to if you're not Life and you can live without it, it's most annoying while leveling but Necro compensates a good amount. Can spec through lifewheel and into it, then respec out of it once you go CI. Definitely want templar aura node if running LL but for CI you might not want to bother.

Adding golems really doesn't change much of anything for a SRS build, other than limiting your gem options and reducing your potential damage output from SRS itself since you can't use a +3 staff. But skill tree wise it's exactly the same. You used to put more emphasis on cast speed nodes too but with the changes tbh you can probably ignore all of them and just rely on flesh offering.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shrieking Essence of Rage - Official Path of Exile Wiki
Gives you +2 to fire gems, which you can then use on a 5l for a fairly cheap 5l weapon up to red maps.

You can then take any 6l staff, use that to get +2 and then craft on the +1 to get a +3.

So I think SRS gear will be fine.

I dont think masters craft a +1 and if your talking about exalting a +1 to all skills on a staff....its going to be cheaper to just buy the +3 staff before you throw away the hundreds of exalts on it.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I dont think masters craft a +1 and if your talking about exalting a +1 to all skills on a staff....its going to be cheaper to just buy the +3 staff before you throw away the hundreds of exalts on it.

You can't craft directly the +1 with a master craft, but you can use mastercrafting to force on the +1.

Made easier with essences.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice, i didnt know that. Essences will make it harder though, the +2 fire skills makes it a rare and youll need a lot of open prefix/suffixes for all those meta crafting mods.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Seems they're really making golems a thing, the jewels seem to be very potent and you can get a lot of golems as a result. Not too sure on map mods and what not but on the video he's melting bosses pretty fast and unlike spectres, you don't have to spend time grabbing them everytime you relog/die/they die, which is a massive plus. I think fire golems will replace spectres for the traditional summoner build, it just seems a lot less annoying to play and seems to perform about the same. It's also less boring if you get the jewels that give an increase on summon, since you'll be constantly resummoning them instead of just running around casting a curse then looting(although that's a very viable playstyle too).

Can also mix and match with SRS if you want, especially since you can support 2 6links setup with a staff+chest. The single target damage output should be pretty crazy.

It's a bit surprising they didn't advertise these changes more, considering summoners have been asking for more variations and more summons and this basically opens an entire new viable path(not skeleton nonsense).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well he said he tested that when he was at GGG's office, so they probably had a prebuilt setup for him to use rather than a full minmaxing setup. He does mention GMP in the description, but there's a fair amount of good supports for the build and the aoe seems relatively decent even without GMP due to having a bunch of golems. Shotgunning could be possible sometimes but not sure how often it'd be relevant withotu frostwall, I guess it kinda shotguns bosses with mobs around them with the overlapping explosions but otherwise you need to push the boss into a wall. He has spell echo in there as he mentionned which is to summon 2golems at once for them to benefit from the jewel increased damage on summon, but you could easily cut that for something else to scale better.

Getting the jewels will probably be a pain in the ass now that he made that video however. But I assume the build will clear fine even without jewels until higher tiers, so you should be able to ease into the build.

If I play this league I'll probably play that anyway, seems pretty fun and I like me some summoner builds, over half of my chars now have been variations of summoners. I was kinda leaning towards chaos poison animate weapon this time around since nothing new seemed terrible too interesting but fire golems sounds cool.

Also think the 30% golem effect jewel might see some interesting abuse if stacked with certain non damage golems. Like making someone super tanky with chaos/stone golems in an elementalist build or some shit like that. Not sure how viable it'd end up, but it's interesting that they didn't put a limit on those jewels(like say 3).

Caliane

the fuck?! Yeah, these jewels mix things up even more. The path I suggested was a bit shit. needed alot of work. but did path by a ton of sockets, around scion.

Minions do have a capped attack speed. Which is fairly easy to hit, with necro +attack/cast speed, via commander of darkness.

For golem build, The Anima Stone+3Harmony best.

They dont say limited to :1... they should be. Got to be an oversight right?

cwdt+golem for primordial might, in any standard melee build.

Beacon of corruption death bomb seems abusive. didnt that get removed from other summons?

Big issue is this is all locked behind specific uniques. Making it not especially ideal for league starter. Necro is solid yes. But you will be VERY bored leveling with zombies/skels until golem. And then, still just normal golem until you get the clayshapers/jewels.

Last edited:

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
As I haven't played since prophecy league (which I quit after 1500+ fusing culdn't link my shavs) I am so stoked about these changes that I'm gonna leave the office christmas party early on friday since league starts at 9pm. See you all on softcore breach, I am gonna make GOLEMS

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
double post due to connection lag, so I would like to dedicate this post to Biggie Smalls

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Big issue is this is all locked behind specific uniques. Making it not especially ideal for league starter. Necro is solid yes. But you will be VERY bored leveling with zombies/skels until golem. And then, still just normal golem until you get the clayshapers/jewels.
You could easily level as SRS or AW or whatever you want, and respec slightly once you get the uniques though. Summoner builds are very similar to each other by nature. You definitely shouldn't play skeleton summoner for any reason other than lulz. Could go spectres but spectres also require the unique boots to really function so it feels like a bit of a waste.

Caliane

true. SRS would make leveling respectable.

Another question is where exactly does that Prismatic jewel drop?
Current only prismatic is:
Emperor's Mastery - Official Path of Exile Wiki
Which is a reward for laby leaderboard top.

You can then corrupt them to get "broken" corrupted rares... Vendor 5 at once, for a clean rare.

Its doubtful its chance only after that absurdity. But, probably is Labyrinth related?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm still torn between SRS with the possibility of switching to golems if I get bored and have the clay shaper(s) and jewels for it, or flameblast totems. I guess SRS is probably the better starter build, especially if you hate trading as much as I do?