Path of Exile

Caliane

2.6 patch notes. (2.6 goes live sat, nzt. friday US.)
Forum - Patch Notes - Content Update 2.6.0 Patch Notes - Path of Exile

Major Features and Content

• Lioneye's Watch now has stairs.
    • Siosa now sells all quest gems once you've completed his quest and the quests required to unlock the appropriate tiers of gem rewards

New Zana Mods for Legacy League
  • Because Legacy returns many previous challenge leagues, we're trying out a different approach to Zana mods for the next three months.
  • Zana Mods now obey similar rules to the rolling of items. Monster Life, for example, cannot be applied to a map that already has a Monster Life mod.
  • Area is inhabited by Spiders cannot be applied to a map that already has a mod which causes that area to be inhabited by other monsters.
  • These new mods cannot be applied to unidentified maps.
  • Zana still has her basic Item Quantity mods that can be applied to maps, including unidentified ones.
  • Note that the Monster Life IV and Monster Damage IV provide more damage and life bonuses than you would normally be able to get on a map, but also give more Item Quantity and Rarity bonuses than normal.

Zana Level 2:
  • Monster Life I, 2 Chaos Orbs: 20-29% more Monster Life, 14% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 7% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.
  • Additional Totems, 2 Chaos Orbs: Area contains many Totems, 12% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 6% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.

Zana Level 3:
  • Monster Damage I, 2 Chaos Orbs: 15-19% increased Monster Damage, 16% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 8% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.
  • Area is inhabited by Spiders, 6 Chaos Orbs: Area is inhabited by Spiders.

Zana Level 4:
  • Monster Life II, 2 Chaos Orbs: 30-39% more Monster Life, 16% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 8% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.
  • Additional Rogue Exiles, 3 Chaos Orbs: Area is inhabited by 2 additional Rogue Exiles, 15% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 8% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.

Zana Level 5:
  • Monster Damage II, 2 Chaos Orbs: 20-24% increased Monster Damage, 18% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 9% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.
  • Area is inhabited by Blackguards, 6 Chaos Orbs: Area is inhabited by the Blackguard, 10% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 5% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.

Zana Level 6:
  • Monster Life III, 2 Chaos Orbs: 40-49% more Monster Life, 18% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 9% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.
  • Monsters from Beyond, 3 Chaos Orbs: Slaying Enemies close together can attract Monsters from Beyond, 12% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 6% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.

Zana Level 7:
  • Monster Damage III, 2 Chaos Orbs: 25-30% increased Monster Damage, 20% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 10% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.
  • Area is inhabited by Bandits, 6 Chaos Orbs: Area is inhabited by Bandits.

Zana Level 8:
  • Monster Life IV, 2 Chaos Orbs: 50-59% more Monster Life, 22% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 11% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.
  • Monster Damage IV, 2 Chaos Orbs: 31-35% increased Monster Damage, 24% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 12% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.
  • Twinned Unique Bosses, 3 Chaos Orbs: Area contains two Unique Bosses, 12% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 6% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.

• Reach of the Council: Number of Additional Arrows reduced to 2.

ouch. odd the buff the hell out of all sorts of uniques. nerf the shit out of Reach. Death opus#1.

Last edited:

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I really wanted to play CoC/Vortex elementalist but RIP that dream.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I guess the 60% cold conversion for ice shot didn't make it into this patch?
I think they just forgot it.

Guess I'm going frost blades. Raider seems to be untouched, right ?

yeah. I like pathfinder better. But raider is slightly more dps, in most cases. (10-20%) Solid as well. Build would be 99% the same, as I suggest for pathfinder.
dont fall into avatar of the hunt trap. its Slaughter/veil all the way. (in fact, get poacher, then Veil, then slaughter.)

patch notes don't clear much up.
2 point wonder dual leech was nerfed for some builds. won't hurt "us" much. we used to put 2 points, 1 for .4% life leech/10% inc leech rate, and 1 for .4% life/mana leech.
now just grab a single .4% mana leech/10% mana leech rate node. the rest of our life leech will be from blood drinker up in shadow. Which now being all attack damage, is significantly more leeched life.

Point effectiveness elsewhere. we dont know.
fatal blade was about 30% dps for 6 points.
he Slashing Comeback, Fatal Blade and Brutal Blade clusters have been merged.
exactly how many points is that now?

forces of nature was about 14% dps, for 3 points. Its not clear how the weapon element damage is being moved. or how many points invested is needed.
Flash freeze was pretty mediocre. 5% damage, for 3 points. Now, first, the higher conversion rate does make it better. Second, the extended tree with CONVERSION should make it nearly required. so this is probably 3-6 passive points needed to invest, we didnt before.
  • The Flash Freeze cluster now has a second arc for increased Cold Damage with Weapons and converting Physical Damage to Cold.

Fangs of frost seems unchanged. its about 4 points for 10% dps. this might be something we drop.

With the higher conversion rate, 60% innate, with the 5-10%? the new flash freeze will likely give, all the physical damage nodes also now give more power. As well as physical weapons themselves. We can use either/both.
Dropping crit might be an option. Drop all the crit, grab all the sword nodes, and some phsy attack ones.

1h buff. Swords will be king still for this. Which sword seems like it will be up for grabs. the 25%-35% spit is much smaller then the 30-50% one. So, now just about any of the foils are solid options. No clear winner. we'll have to look and see if the base damage was buffed evenly.

Dreamfeather was buffed. Might be best frostblades weapon.. or varunastra..

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been out of the loop for a few leagues now, but I'd like to give the game a spin for the legacy league.

Can any veteran recommend a good starter build for HC? For reference, totem builds were the rage back when I last played, and although I wouldn't mind playing a totem build, it'd be nice to run something fresh :)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really wanted to play CoC/Vortex elementalist but RIP that dream.

Was my plans also to just chance orb the Pyre in SSF and run that build since its cruise control for Shaper and Guardians. Thinking I might do what I did last league and just go burning arrow again since it clears everything with the downside being you die to reflect on accident at higher levels.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
With so many unique and passive tree changes I'm holding off on a build until the full passive tree is released to the 3rd parties. I'm thinking of bringing back the trypanon perma freezer since it's both legacy league and it's getting divanation cards.

Caliane

yeah.

Revenge of the hunted. 8% life. only life change. Solid one, worth the point to get to the circle. its also closer to vaal pact, but doesn't really change anyones path to get to it I think.
Not amazing, but I would expect most rangers to take this now.

phys to cold nodes are 20%x2.. 40% total. I was expecting 5-10%. but nope. can get full 100% conversion with frostblades/iceshot now.
Forces of nature is now next to revenge of the hunted, in that middle shadow/ranger area, And a THIRD weapon elemental circle down by arrow dancing. a massive one too.

Slashing comeback was removed. Fatal blade is now in its place. with MORE crit, and LESS crit multi. 130% crit from 110%, and down to uh. 50something multi from 70 iirc.
Brutal blade did get some damage, and the block from slashing comeback. but not all of it.

Claw nodes majorlly reworked as well. Claws of the pride 3 points, and very powerful. with crit multi.
the bit claw wheel was moved around. claw damage gone. magpie and soul raker swapped. crit in front of soulraker. damage/speed in front of magpie. leech behind them.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Helpful for better looking at the unique changes.

Basically looks like they're removing most penalties and buffing health especially on most unique items. I think that's awesome. A lot of uniques were pretty good and niche for certain builds, but the lack of hp/ES on the items made them unusable. Now shitty drops are more useful. Some of the drops are borderline OP like some of the body armors now. They also made the weapons juicier. Some a little, some a LOT. Terminus Est I think was just buffed to try and make flicker sustainable and manageable, so that'll be cool.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Helpful for better looking at the unique changes.

Basically looks like they're removing most penalties and buffing health especially on most unique items. I think that's awesome. A lot of uniques were pretty good and niche for certain builds, but the lack of hp/ES on the items made them unusable. Now shitty drops are more useful. Some of the drops are borderline OP like some of the body armors now. They also made the weapons juicier. Some a little, some a LOT. Terminus Est I think was just buffed to try and make flicker sustainable and manageable, so that'll be cool.

Didn't they already have that with Oro's Sacrifice? Terminus Est doesn't look to have enough damage to last through the end game.

There's this build too that I think I'm going to do for starter:

Forum - Ranger - [2.5] Zelkor's Era of Flicker [Compact Build Plan] - Path of Exile

They added a decent amount of crit chance for staves too.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oro's if you crit on something that isnt ignite immune will give you a charge. Terminus has a 10% chance on crit only.

Caliane damn this path of building, this thing is amazing.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Didn't they already have that with Oro's Sacrifice? Terminus Est doesn't look to have enough damage to last through the end game.

There's this build too that I think I'm going to do for starter:

Forum - Ranger - [2.5] Zelkor's Era of Flicker [Compact Build Plan] - Path of Exile

They added a decent amount of crit chance for staves too.

Can't Ignite bosses like Atziri. Makes it pointless. Terminus Est getting like 100% more physical damage and increased crit chance might be enough.

I did that build you linked last season. It's good, but it's garbage against bosses. And you'll die a lot to stuff that has one shot mechanics because you can't control yourself. I guess that'd be the bane of most flicker builds anyways.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can't Ignite bosses like Atziri. Makes it pointless. Terminus Est getting like 100% more physical damage and increased crit chance might be enough.

I did that build you linked last season. It's good, but it's garbage against bosses. And you'll die a lot to stuff that has one shot mechanics because you can't control yourself. I guess that'd be the bane of most flicker builds anyways.

Yeah, been leveling up one in standard to give it a try and I'm having the same problems. Kinda sucks because I like the no-aim, rapid fire play style that multistrike support adds to some skills. But then at the same time it's like asking to get one shot.

I wonder if there's a CI-based variant.

Judge_Mental

Trakanon Raider
I made a CI oro flicker raider in 2.5. It worked out ok. View Profile - Path of Exile - mrchefguy
Raider frenzy generation can allow you to have a second oro with ele focus slotted to hit ignite immune bosses. Got bored before testing that though. I havent had time to make a new flicker ci oro skilltree for 2.6 but ill have one before league starts