Path of Exile

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I only run shaped strand and shore and my bonus is at 91%. I completed every T1-T10, skipped all but one T11, skipped all T12, skipped all T13 except 1, skipped all T14, did all of the T15's, Guardians, and Shaper.

Tuco Tuco the more maps you complete the "bonus objective" on it raises the % counter in the center of your atlas. Then when maps drop for you that % bonus makes it so that the map that just dropped has that % chance to drop 1 tier higher than it would have.
Yeah and that's why I thought I was golden unlocking everything. Even though I'm pretty full of good maps just under the highest tier I've done I'm still nervous from 2013 where you could be running high-tier maps and just get a string of bad luck and be stuck at pleb-level. The % bonus is a really good feature to help keep the tough content rolling.

Fuck it I don't care I'll unlock everything I can and seal shit-tier maps:
Apprentice Cartographer's Seal
3 sextants and an orb of scouring.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh fuck me, map drops are based on what maps you unlock, and completing the maps the obvious way (that I've been doing) by unlocking all the maps I can penalizes me?
Strictly speaking, yes. What tier of maps that can drop are based on the tier of map that you're doing currently. So if you're doing a tier 9 map, and the game decides, after bonuses, to drop a tier 11 for you. All maps you've completed for tier 11 are eligible to drop, plus any that are connected if they are tier 11. By not completing the shit maps, you only get the good ones and your drops only suffer in terms of completion bonus boosting the drop's tier.

Korrupt Korrupt you shaped strand? I thought that was out, density completely decimated.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Strictly speaking, yes. What tier of maps that can drop are based on the tier of map that you're doing currently. So if you're doing a tier 9 map, and the game decides, after bonuses, to drop a tier 11 for you. All maps you've completed for tier 11 are eligible to drop, plus any that are connected if they are tier 11. By not completing the shit maps, you only get the good ones and your drops only suffer in terms of completion bonus boosting the drop's tier.

Korrupt Korrupt you shaped strand? I thought that was out, density completely decimated.

Strand still takes 5 sextants its just the base map had a slight reduction. I'm trying shaped racecourse now and even though its only 3 sextants its pretty close to strands xp/hr.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've seen Dunes suggested a lot too since it's an ideal map for adding Zana Breach mod to later on. Not sure how many sextants it takes though.

I personally like Cemetery a lot now, but again no idea how well it takes sextants. Easy T13 triple boss sounds appealing to me though, as a direct upgrade from Racecourse.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ran into this issue first-hand today trying to buy Vaal orbs from poe.trade to finish my Atlas:

[SC] Massive Currency and Item Price-fixing in Harbringer League • r/pathofexile

Had to message 15+ people before I got a legit seller. Just a heads up if you're trying to buy/sell currency, don't get scammed!
Hahhah what a shitshow.

GGG should just set up a stash tab you can buy directly from. The player to player interaction from buying items is totally minimal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
How big an impact is Faster Attacks on a Sunder gem? I have a 4 link Chest but they are all red. I have Melee Phys, Added Fire and Ruthless linked to Sunder. I'm assuming Faster attacks would be a significant improvement but is it worth buying a new chest piece to incorporate it?

This is for leveling. I'm level 52

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oh fuck me, map drops are based on what maps you unlock, and completing the maps the obvious way (that I've been doing) by unlocking all the maps I can penalizes me?

It only penalizes you if you're one of the picky people who have to have to have a perfect speed-run layout or else they get unnaturally angry. I always just go for full unlocks.

That reddit thread for the "price fixing" seems stupid as far as currency is concerned. The people "buying up all the exalts to sell later for 80c+" is retarded because literally anyone can sit on their exalt until the price goes up to 80-90c (if it goes there this league, it probably will eventually). The people who sell their exalts for chaos do it because they need the 38c or whatever the current ratio is to buy other things, otherwise they would just save them like they save everything else.

That being said: Some of the currency exchanges you can find on the market have absolutely retarded ratios and they CAN catch newbies off guard who don't know how to check ratios off of chaos or convert to chaos and then convert to what they need (ie trying to trade sextants into regals or regrets or something, the 2 people who list currency on those exchanges will be like 5c worth of sextants = 1regal or 1regret).

Last edited:

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
4link sunder... Faster attacks gave me more dps than added fire (sunder+multi+phys+*, and i'm running hatred, not herald of ash). With 4 sockets it should be easy to get 3R+1G, a couple of chromatics.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
How big an impact is Faster Attacks on a Sunder gem? I have a 4 link Chest but they are all red. I have Melee Phys, Added Fire and Ruthless linked to Sunder. I'm assuming Faster attacks would be a significant improvement but is it worth buying a new chest piece to incorporate it?

4 link sunder should be Sunder-Melee Phys-Added Fire-Concentrated Effect. Conc effect only reduces the AE on the small after explosions, not the line itself so it's a pretty nice gem for it. Fifth link would be Multistrike.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
First link should always be multistrike for qol. Fuck aiming.

Also, it does a great job at damage spreading.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Hahhah what a shitshow.

GGG should just set up a stash tab you can buy directly from. The player to player interaction from buying items is totally minimal.
The problem is that if you go one step further with automatization, you open the floodgates for ALL kinds of bots. Underpriced an item ? Instead of a barrage of whispers, you are just screwed, since they will snap it up instantly. Looking to buy something cheap ? Won't happen, all the even slightly underpriced items are now instantly sniped and relisted, since there's no trading tax.

Really, any kind of solution to trading would require a lot of gameplay and economy consideration. You want people to actually loot/craft their upgrades, since D3 has shown that just buying them feels terrible, yet probably most of the gear you are wearing right now is obtained from other players and whether to actually loot and ID rares is quite a hot topic, since nobody plays PoE for the inventory tetris. D3 probably went too far in the other direction, but SSF shows that it is something they are supporting and considering when designing encounters. People cry that their 1c trades are too hard with all the AFKers, but if they ever improve the system, the top of the economy food chain will profit the most. There's already suspicion that some RMT sites run trading bots and corner the market for easy profit, what if every single Kaom's was sniped by these people and "trading permit" sold for 30 USD ? Bans would definitely come, but those would still sink a sizeable supply of the item, therefore disrupting the economy ...

If they ever add better trading, it won't be without some kind of loot sink, trading tax and possibly transaction limits.

Caliane

The thing about "faster attacks" is, its not a "more" multiplier. Its added increased attack speed. So, the greater amount of increased attack speed, you get from other added sources, such as passives, the less useful "faster attacks" support gem is.
Multistrike is "more" and has the bonus of auto-targeting. Disadvantage of forced repetition without animation cancel. and cant be used with ranged skills.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is this economy typical for a league? A lot of the items I want(6L weapon, Kaom's Heart, Callous Mask unique, Taste of Hate, Dying Sun, etc) have been going up in price, not the other way as I expected. I thought most players hitting the end game would have created more supply.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Is this economy typical for a league? A lot of the items I want(6L weapon, Kaom's Heart, Callous Mask unique, Taste of Hate, Dying Sun, etc) have been going up in price, not the other way as I expected. I thought most players hitting the end game would have created more supply.
Kind of, yes. Endgame for most people means yellow/red maps. Effectively farming Guardians and Shaper is a whole another level and most people can't manage it without first getting the items they drop, so there's your supply and demand problem.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So I've got my class choice down to either shadow or ranger. Totally new player except for a few hours a few years ago. Anyone have some builds for newbies they can suggest?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Quick few questions;

- Value of doing the leauge for the account = ?? Are their unique high end items or currancy that are only available? If so do they remain unique or eventually get added to the game? I think i saw something about cosmetics which i could give a fuck about

- Took a quick peak @ Player Auctions for accounts; seemed like you could get a pretty solid one with decent spare currancy for ~$100 which i could start my alt on and just leverage some of the gear/currancy on the account and learn to farm on him. Obviously game seems highly complicated so still want to start a main from lvl 1 and go up to learn it but i like having the flexiability and extra punch and $100-$150 is not something i'm worried about. Is there a lot of account selling and claiming the account back bullshit or i'd imagine most the value is in the currancy/gear which is all (?) tradeable so not too much of a value on scaming as other games

- Right now was playing around with making either a firestorm or 2H Cycleone RT based main character; either of those have a significant advantage or general more fun to play etc?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
jooka jooka
RF/Scorching Ray, Dark Pact, and Sunder seem to be to common starter build currently.

But my suggestion would be to play the game, get frustrated, reroll. There are going to be multitude of things that you can't account for currently once you reach the end game.

T turbo
The value of doing the league is to start fresh. And the cosmetics, I guess. You seem to be ok with bypassing the majority of this but then talk about farming so o_O

jeydax

Death and Taxes
If anyone is looking for gear hit me up in game or just friend me - character name is CoupleTwoThree or just friend me on steam (jeydax is username)