Path of Exile

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I got all 4 guardians down (1 death each, first time ever) and tried the Shaper, made it to the 2nd phase and a damn vortex opened up right under the protective bubble Zana provides and that was the end of my run. So has anyone actually completed Hall of the Grandmasters? I mean WTF kind of shitty map is that. I want to complete my Atlas, but I see this as the main bottleneck. It's probably the AW Totem build I'm using so I'm sort of screwed unless I roll up another more PvP focused build.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Those Uber Regen scorcing Ray/RF builds kill it really well with RF turned off

Least that's what my pal did and invited me at the end

Intropy

Shit Gamer
6-link that chest! It only took me 188 this time and I'm sure yours won't be that bad (lol)!

I got the currency for it, but it just didn't really seem that worthwhile for my build, since the totem isn't a huge part of my damage and I'm not using it all the time anyway.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
2 characters to 89, just got my first divine vessel, 5 maps later, I got a second one.

Methinks they finally unfucked something

edit: 2 more maps, a third one.
I run a full MF build and I've found a grand total of 1 divine vessel in a couple hundred maps.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've found at least 15 of them across my 3 characters (90/92/93), I think 4 or 5 since I replaced Bisco's with Xoph's full-time. I'm almost certain the game considers them a currency so IIR is useless and only IIQ would help get more. They're only worth a couple chaos anyway, despite how rare they are.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
so im having a similar to problem to what i did when i played this game years ago where my survivability is just dropping off acliff in my 70s as i start to do maps. Am 77 scion at the moment.
Any veterans here can help me out and take a look at my character? View Profile - Path of Exile - rozakk

the 77 scion is what i currnetly play. I'm going for a kinda molten strike build but my problem rihgt now is real bad burst/spike damage, if its a pack of blues or a bad yellow i can get nearly 1 shot. Any suggestions on how i can fix my build without losing much dps? dps for me right now is fine but not sure how long it'll stay that way. I dont' have much MF either only like 120% item rarity. If its gear i really need or certain gem combinations i'd love to hear suggestions as well. I havent really set up any of my gems other than for my main attack.

If anyone is interested in doign maps together i am on harbinger non -hc.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Just a few things I see off the top of my head:

You have very little in the way of +max life on your gear. Not sure you are resist capped either?. Those are the two glaring gear issues I see.

6 socket your axe, it will help your damage as the Molten Strike proc from the axe gains benefits from any socketed support gems. Doesn't have to be 6 linked, just the sockets.

As far as your build...I'm not really sure what to do with that pathing. It's definitely not efficient, drop some of those elemental damage nodes you are going for and take the axe stuff on the marauder side. That bottom part you have coming out of the scion start area can be completely respeced out and you can path from that big life wheel down into the duelist area for more damage nodes/life. Take Vaal Pact.

Oh, you might want to also drop Blood Pact. Not using Hatred and Herald of Ash is a pretty big DPS loss and you don't want those auras reserving your life. The duelist area has a life/mana leech cluster you can take for mana regen.

That said, have you considered going using Cyclone for your clear? You are basically a Ngamahu Cyclone build already, just drop molten strike from your links and use cyclone. The Molten Burst proc from the axe will basically act as your single target once you 6 socket it. It's been a while since I've played that build but a 5 link might be Cyclone-Melee Phys-Elemental Damage with Attacks-Phys to Lightning-Then either added fire, fortify or a Blue socket that you can put Increased AOE with a Conc effect gem to swap in for bosses.

Probably want to do your Merc lab soon, and I'm sure there is more you could do but that's just a start.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
thanks! I have a tabula rasa so will try out the cyclone thing. hopefulyl its availabl eat the lvl 11 vendor

-sorry one more question. if i do switch to cycloen should i still make those path changes u suggested?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
thanks! I have a tabula rasa so will try out the cyclone thing. hopefulyl its availabl eat the lvl 11 vendor

-sorry one more question. if i do switch to cycloen should i still make those path changes u suggested?

Yeah, those were mostly changes to optimize your pathing a bit. You just have a lot of stuff starting from the Scion start area that you don't need.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Any reason you took Scion? Everything you'd want to do would probably be better off as either a gladiator or slayer. Look up Alkaizer's cleave or cyclone build. His cleave build is budget tier and will let you face tank all the way to red maps. It's the most solid melee build I've ever played.

Edit: Linked my char that's a copy of Alkaizer's cleave

View Profile - Path of Exile - Fogel29

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, those were mostly changes to optimize your pathing a bit. You just have a lot of stuff starting from the Scion start area that you don't need.

Derkon Derkon thanks again for your help. I just blew some currency on a 6L. havent rerolled it much yet but waswondering if you could take a look at my current situation and see what suggestions. best ic ould get on my axe so far was 5 sockets and wasnt sure what support gemsto put in therefor the proc. I went and died to izaro like 3x in merciless lab ( i was getting nearly 1 shot) so realized i needed to up my game from that tabula. Also my boss dps with cyclone seemsto be really bad

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Derkon Derkon thanks again for your help. I just blew some currency on a 6L. havent rerolled it much yet but waswondering if you could take a look at my current situation and see what suggestions. best ic ould get on my axe so far was 5 sockets and wasnt sure what support gemsto put in therefor the proc. I went and died to izaro like 3x in merciless lab ( i was getting nearly 1 shot) so realized i needed to up my game from that tabula. Also my boss dps with cyclone seemsto be really bad

For gems in the axe, try something like: ele focus, conc effect, ele damage with attacks, greater multiple proj, fire pen then probably phyiscal projectile damage support. It's been a while so the setup may have changed but you can check the damage in the Offense tab of your character sheet. Fire pen won't show a tooltip increase but it's there. As far as having trouble getting the 6 sockets, do make sure your axe is at least 50 item level otherwise you won't be able to get the 6 sockets. Make sure your gems are leveled as well, quality helps a lot.

As far as dieing, hard to say but again you are lacking life on both rings and your belt. I'm not too sure I would have sunk currency to six link that particular chest as it's not a very good rare. Running biscos for your amulet also means you are lacking defense there.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
That was just my first alch orb I plan on crafting some better stars into that 6l chest once I get essences. I think I just need more practice on cyclone. There's this clunky lag with the ability im unused to, makes boss fights like izaro a bit tricky with the traps etc.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing this build for the past week.

Probably the best cyclone build I ever played. Some of the items are costly but it was well worth it and I'm liking it better than the Ngamahu cyclone build. The leech is insane for this build especially running Uber lab. Get the leech buff by killing something and walk over the traps while losing barely any life. Definitely taking this build to 100.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Any build guides that don't include a Path of Building link I tend to yawn about. I read his guide and totally understand the whole "this ain't no build that PoB can calculate correctly" but JFC is you're spending hours to make videos and animations for the forum post just make a fucking PoB link.

/rant

* I reserve the right to call myself a dumbass if I missed the POB link in his thread.

Edit: Why is he not using gripped gloves?