Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They're already at nutso price levels.

Not that I don't disagree with you on the regen part. I would just prefer more parts of the game would let you take advantage of that. Most of the end game content is designed to one shot you. Hopefully said content is getting retuned.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
They're already at nutso price levels.

Not that I don't disagree with you on the regen part. I would just prefer more parts of the game would let you take advantage of that. Most of the end game content is designed to one shot you. Hopefully said content is getting retuned.

I really hope they aren't retuning anything, I think it was a great change you cant TP people into Shaper anymore and that they have to earn the challenge themselves. Shaper is all 100% telegraphed or easy to dodge mechanics, Uber Atziri sure you can argue can one shot you via a spear but you have to be below 4.7k hps for that to happen and everything else is easily avoidable by her.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I really hope they aren't retuning anything, I think it was a great change you cant TP people into Shaper anymore and that they have to earn the challenge themselves. Shaper is all 100% telegraphed or easy to dodge mechanics, Uber Atziri sure you can argue can one shot you via a spear but you have to be below 4.7k hps for that to happen and everything else is easily avoidable by her.
There's more than a few situations where you get "stuck" DPSing a boss because moving means you don't leech. The boss of plateau can easily kill you after you kill his buddy, even with VP. That's the kind of stuff I hope they get rid of.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game for sure tries to kill you 100% as much as possible but I find most bosses as a majority have easy mechanics if you slow down. The doubling of HPs hurts on AoE based builds, which personally I find the most fun in general but it isn't unbearable.

I just looked at the new necro based skills and they look fun, it sucks that the prolif and ignites are nerfed but their damage might make up for it we'll see. Either ways its always great to TC new skills, especially with new raid type bosses coming.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This game for sure tries to kill you 100% as much as possible but I find most bosses as a majority have easy mechanics if you slow down. The doubling of HPs hurts on AoE based builds, which personally I find the most fun in general but it isn't unbearable.

I just looked at the new necro based skills and they look fun, it sucks that the prolif and ignites are nerfed but their damage might make up for it we'll see. Either ways its always great to TC new skills, especially with new raid type bosses coming.
I require all my builds to fit single target skills now. Trying to play an AE-only build seems a bit too constraining in the current game. Gonna miss Tempest's Binding.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Unearth+cremation.

Unearth gains more bodies with +proj. Thats something to consider.

Still seems clunkier than desecrate but no cd is nice. That said that sort of build in generaly is going to be a lot better as trap based like detonate builds were as far as I know. You could selfcast but traps let you basically detonate a bunch of corpses at once. I'm also still not very convinced by those volcanoes, need to see the actual damage but the little fireballs they spit look super small and have a really high arc while not firing super fast which seems to give them a godawful delay. Maybe it's affected by proj speed but don't know.

I think the other one that blows 3 corpses might be a lot better tbh, since it lets you not trap, or possibly trap to detonate 9corpses at once. Combine with GMP+LMP Unearth for 7corpses, should do better damage. And just like the shitty volcanos, there's an after effect if stuff isn't dead, only this time it's the slow moving orbs which should always hit the boss/exile/whatever that survived.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They did that? I guess I haven't tried to buy a shaper this league.

Yeah it was added in 3.0 and was in the patch notes.

This isnt exactly true. I bought a shaper kill early on in 3.0. You dont need to be in the room with shaper to get credit and you can take the TP to the area outside of shapers room at any time. Youll get the achievement regardless of your location in the map once shaper dies.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I checked this game out years ago, I think, before it had launched. I am a little hesitant to start it due to the talent tree and yet it seems to be very popular. What is the best build guide?

Elerion

N00b

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Or just look for any build that says low cost / newb friendly in the title, there are tons. Also the big streamers will all drop videos on the leagues best starting build (newb builds) a week or so before the new league starts.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I checked this game out years ago, I think, before it had launched. I am a little hesitant to start it due to the talent tree and yet it seems to be very popular. What is the best build guide?

I just started. I went to the forums and looked at a few builds. A lot of the build threads have videos of it in action. Just picked what looked good and wasn't a build touted to be very expensive. After you play for a while you'll have a better idea of the tree. The build I picked had a leveling layout, do this till lvl soandso, do this till soandso. Helped a lot. Wound up playing a beserker VP sunder and it worked well so far till lvl 90 and mapping out the atlas. Lots of options tho. But I went dual wield, using a unique that does away with mana requirement on offensive spells. So just run 2 or 3 auras all the time with no need to watch mana for sunder.

The biggest drawback so far is I mostly die after I have killed the boss. When boss dies I am no life leeching anymore but still have stuff that can kill me lol. Flask can fix that but I get distracted.

I have probably less than 2 exalts into my current gear. Could probably do the exact same build and do the same exact stuff i'm doing for less several choas actually. I bought stuff on PoE trade for less than 1 chaos at times lol.

Build I used, but there are lots of options. Only a few weeks left in league. Can play around if you want and get an idea on the next league that starts Dec.8 I think.

Forum - Marauder - [3.0] [HSC] Berserker Sunder - (Starter/Budget/End Game/HC Viable) - All Boss Down (With Videos) - Path of Exile

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Video from the chinese version that shows some of the new gems and some applications for them. The orbs from the corpse explosion thing look like they track pretty far, they seemed to aggro stuff offscreen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

anyone else notice, some of these maps also look like they REQUIRE leaps?
do we think, they are changing all movement skills to do that? or.. requiring a weapon swap to leap..

Lit tendrils is supported by cast when channel with arc at 1:22. (as well as storm barrier.)
the detonate deads are supported by ADDed fire damage. despite doing no phys damage.
Cascade with frostbomb and stormcall. clearly adds two new instances of frost bomb. not simply increasing the single aoe larger. If this makes all aoe auto shotgun, which it looks like it does. this is insanely strong. the gmp of aoe spells. (cascade desecrate for 9 bodies?or 15 with necro..)

Screenshot1.jpg

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think that's just limited to one of the new unique maps they're releasing. Think it's a unique for dunes.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't know about leap, but the guy in that display doesn't even have all his spell slots used haha.