Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Funniest part about this is if you go back and read his 3.0 comments, he promised big balance changes to skills in 3.1 because they just didnt have time.

True, but people were mega bitching about end game mapping, smaller packs and retarded bosses. Now bosses didn't get a buff but mapping looks like it's going to be awesome.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Skeletons homey. Skeletons.

Some variation of skeletons is going to be meta 100%. Not for me though.
Skeletons as a league-starting uberlab runner? I had considered spectres, but it looks like Vanguards and Wickermen got gutted leaving just Solar Guards, and there's no mention of a bugfix to them getting instagibbed in lab traps that cause bleed. Don't really know anything at all about the current state of skeletons besides the patch note about them going from 30% less to 50% more dmg mult.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
That one threshold jewel for skeletons was ~30c last league, so yeah not exactly a good league starter.

But yeah, like Vorph I was expecting more buffs to skills. EQ radius buff is nice I guess but wanted some damage added to it. Spectre might be possible, vis mortis probably going to be pricey though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Lycosidae getting rarer is killing a lot of league starters for me. Guess I'll play an archer of some sorts, or maybe traps

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Pretty disappointing notes. I was really hoping to get some skill gems out of the graveyard.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Are a lot of builds that had VP keeping it? Builds that it wasn't the cornerstone of the build? I looked thru Ranger class builds and a lot of them had VP. Wondering if they are keeping it. It was cornerstone of my build so dunno. The move on the tree tho.

Looking at doing something under the Ranger tree.

Last edited:

Caliane

Can someone explain to me how I make an Atzris Splendor from a sacrificial garb? I THINK that's what the SG makes no?

Also how I get a bigger hide out, and invite more peeps.
Atziri's splendour only drops from uber Atziri in The alluring abyss. it can not be chanced.
Atziri, Queen of the Vaal
Atziri drops the mortal fragments to allow opening the portal to uber Atziri.

Bigger hideouts.
Hideout
Get a master to level 3 to open a small hideout, with them. 2 masters.
Get a master to level 5 to open a medium hideout with them. allows 4 masters.
get a master to level to open a large hideout. allows all masters.
Leo and nivali can also be invited to hideouts, and do not count towards the cap.

Pets can be unleashed in your hideout. right click in mtx tab, and place.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Atziri's splendour only drops from uber Atziri in The alluring abyss. it can not be chanced.
Atziri, Queen of the Vaal
Atziri drops the mortal fragments to allow opening the portal to uber Atziri.

Bigger hideouts.
Hideout
Get a master to level 3 to open a small hideout, with them. 2 masters.
Get a master to level 5 to open a medium hideout with them. allows 4 masters.
get a master to level to open a large hideout. allows all masters.
Leo and nivali can also be invited to hideouts, and do not count towards the cap.

Pets can be unleashed in your hideout. right click in mtx tab, and place.

Thank You!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Some people have some really elaborate hideouts. I noticed when porting to their hideout when I bought something. Very elaborate.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are a lot of builds that had VP keeping it? Builds that it wasn't the cornerstone of the build? I looked thru Ranger class builds and a lot of them had VP. Wondering if they are keeping it. It was cornerstone of my build so dunno. The move on the tree tho.

Looking at doing something under the Ranger tree.

It depends on the build, if you have decent regen from S / SW portion of tree and combine it with Soul of Arakali you increase your regen 50% every time CWDT procs making it insanely strong as a layer of defense. Same thing with Trickster + Soul of Arakali, you can stack them for 120% regen rate in a similar manner. The biggest difference is youre not going to be face tanking Shaper beams or balls as a ranger anymore.

Raider / PF is still going to be insanely strong, the no status ailments is huge on top of their other OP stuff.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
I haven't played in over a year but I'm jumping in the new league. After doing some research I think i'm going SRS or ED. Any thoughts on which is better for the long run?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Both will be strong. Picking which one is better would be splitting hairs.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The what?

Raider and Pathfinder both have immunity to status ailments (freeze, chill, shock, ignite etc). For example they can use Vinktar's without the shock applying to them or without having to use a shock immune flask. They can face tank with Vaal Pact high damage / critical attacks which would normally freeze like Shapers ball attacks.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My plan is to go Sunder Gladiator since it's pretty easy to gear(no crit, no accuracy) then QoTF Raider Wander. I hate upkeeping flasks with Pathfinder even with a macro.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I did 40/40 in Garbinger with Baron SRS and made a fortune, but I don't recommend it. It's slow. I rocked a HH and probably another 100+ex of gear and still couldn't keep up with builds that cost a fraction of that. You're just perpetually delayed by having to re-summon your ragers, and you can't scale your attack speed for speeding around.

If you're a slow methodical player, you might enjoy it -- you'll be able to do pretty much anything, just map clearing is going to be slower despite how much you try to scale.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
My plan is to go Sunder Gladiator since it's pretty easy to gear(no crit, no accuracy) then QoTF Raider Wander. I hate upkeeping flasks with Pathfinder even with a macro.

I think Sunder is fine too, going to do the same build and swap to blade flurry / Sunder once im 70 and get a Varunastra.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also keep in mind that Baron got nerfed while SRS itself was buffed, so at least gearing it will be a bit easier this time. Baron got retarded expensive super early in Harbinger once people figured out it was no longer a dirt-common drop.

If I end up playing I think I'll go with this -- Forum - Duelist - [3.1] League Starter WoE Sunder Slayer / U-Lab Speed Crusher / Mapper / High Damage Mitigation - Path of Exile Dedicated lab runner made by the dude who dominated the daily leaderboard for good chunk of last league. Not sure how I feel about Sunder, and Leap Slam for movement is clunky as hell even if it is super fast, but I wanted a Slayer and it's probably about as good as it's going to get for a cheap starter. Bringer of Rain could be a problem the first weekend I suppose, but the rest ought to be easy.

Problem is I still have no idea what to shoot for as a 'real' build once I get a pile of currency out of the lab. Just have to hope that something really good comes out of the new items, especially the shaper/elder pseudo X-links seeing as all the gems and uniques they've shown so far look pretty meh. And this weekend is Monster Hunter World beta too. :/