Path of Exile

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
How did you spend 1800 chroms coloring a pure armor chest with RRRRRR? Also, I hope you didn't pay too much for that chest, it is not a long-term item at all.

As for the rest, basically just follow EE's guide. You're missing a ton of skill gems that you should be using, gloves need to be set up properly, you're still using both cyclone and cleave, the link in your boots basically does nothing, etc. I only see one Overwhelming Odds jewel socketed in your tree; you need two of those.

Also, Belt of the Deceiver got nerfed into the ground in 3.1, and one of the key items for your build is Perseverence anyway. You could buy a 7% life /37% cold res one right now for 4c.

Sorry. 180 on the chroms. I don't think I've seen 1800 chroms.

I paid 20c for the chest.

I fixed both gloves and boots according to that guide.

I will get the belt. (Got it. But was 10c)...and I'm broke again.

There is no way to drop that totem on hit/or dame taken?

Thx Man.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah, just drop the totem for bosses, abysses, maybe some rogue exiles if they're being annoying. A single totem is pretty much just there for the buff it gives you and utility (culling strike in your case), and it's not something you should need to bother dropping all the time.

The levels are off on your CwDT link. CwDT should be level 1 (just buy a new one in act 6 camp) so it goes off all the time, blood rage level 7 for a bit more IAS, and enfeeble can be raised up to level 5 so it's a bit more effective.

Not sure what your resists are like, but getting the utility setup with purity x2 and arctic armor going in the helm would probably help. And at the very least setup one weapon for Whirling Blades/Faster Attacks/Blood Magic... just plain running through maps is godawful slow compared to whirling.

Finally I'd replace those boots with a decent pair of Redblade Tramplers at least until you can afford a really good life/resist/25-30% movement speed rare.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Where does animate guardian fit? like zombies are tanks, srs and skel are dps. Spectres dps. what is the guardian?
Animate Guardian is basically a customizable Golem. You know how golems give you a utility buff, that's what Animate Guardians are for too pretty much. You put some items that provide auras and effects that can buff your other shit and that's pretty much it. If linked to minion life along with golem and zombies, it makes them pretty unlikely to die so you don't have to care too much about losing stuff(you still don't want to put retarded expensive stuff in it, but a few chaos worth is no big deal). A lot of builds don't even both having a guardian due to the lack of gem slots and needing the minion life/regen nodes(if you play SRS you probably don't get these so your guardian is squishy).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I don't know if there was a patch or what but now I run into more than 3 mobs it's instant death and single digit fps. I turned every thing down and it's like watching a slide show. Yesterday it was fine at running very large packs at 120fps. Tried it on both computers and man totally unplayable.

Edit - dunno. Changing textures from medium to high puts FPS to >120 and normally around 200. Putting it to medium makes FPS drop to 15. Guessing something is corrupted on my end some place.

I dunno about all the FPS stuff but I was playing with nothing even resembling lag yesterday and before I went to work today, got home tonight and d/l a patch and I stuttered multiple times running through normal lab.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
People that bought the map tab some of them saying it crashes the game when opened. GGG was looking into it. Several other post on the forums about odd things. Must have done something in the patch.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I bought the map tab, no crashes with it yet so far. I love this tab, pretty much on par with the currency tab in terms of QoL.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
anyone else get a poet's pen yet? Im glad I didnt sell mine, the values been skyrocketing lately, not sure whats going on. hope it reaches bisco levels and i can trade it. Unlikely though as it seems like a pretty common drop, not sure how it can justify its current price even

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
anyone else get a poet's pen yet? Im glad I didnt sell mine, the values been skyrocketing lately, not sure whats going on. hope it reaches bisco levels and i can trade it. Unlikely though as it seems like a pretty common drop, not sure how it can justify its current price even
Several reddit posts and one streamer playing it, and honestly it looks pretty fun and even not bad. It is a mystery how they decided to add this after they specifically nerfed Mjolnir for doing the same thing though and haven't buffed it back since.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Mjolnir can apply to many more attacks. Wands have like...3 attacks?

Lycosidae being 150c is a big fuck you to a lot of builds. I was going to play a QoTF wander next but now not so sure.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well the attacks are mostly a delivery mode for the linked stuff but I guess with Mjolnir you could use more stuff. Still the wand attacks are solid, you get Barrage if you want to spam shit, Kinetic for super strong aoe and Frenzy if you want to build frenzy charges at the same time. You can also use Power Siphon if you want power charges instead as well as a free culling link and Elemental Hit if you want to be a hipster and use the shittiest skill possible.

They work pretty much the same but Mjolnir requiring melee attacks(although I assume it works off Lightning Strike so that's ok) but more importantly requiring hits which means accuracy and actually hitting stuff while Poet's Pen just works, plus Poet's Pen side bonuses generally being a lot more efficient(+3spell level at 75+ versus 100%increased damage and +1chain).

Elerion

N00b
Mjolnir can apply to many more attacks. Wands have like...3 attacks?

Lycosidae being 150c is a big fuck you to a lot of builds. I was going to play a QoTF wander next but now not so sure.
Lycosidae being rare but unchanged is such a weird design decision. It’s like Shavs - it’s now an expensive build defining unique with no real budget option available to fill the gap until you get it, without completely respeccing a bunch of nodes and changing half your gear.

There’s also the issue that the increasing amount of uniques and rare mods keeps making the shield better and better over time, as the number of slots available for gearing accuracy keeps dropping.

They probably should have redesigned it to be slightly worse for endgame so it could be used as a stepping stone. -% crit multiplier or something, making it a mini-RT rather than a complete fix with minimal downside. Or bring down the block% significantly to make it worse defensively.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Lycosidae being rare but unchanged is such a weird design decision. It’s like Shavs - it’s now an expensive build defining unique with no real budget option available to fill the gap until you get it, without completely respeccing a bunch of nodes and changing half your gear.

There’s also the issue that the increasing amount of uniques and rare mods keeps making the shield better and better over time, as the number of slots available for gearing accuracy keeps dropping.

They probably should have redesigned it to be slightly worse for endgame so it could be used as a stepping stone. -% crit multiplier or something, making it a mini-RT rather than a complete fix with minimal downside. Or bring down the block% significantly to make it worse defensively.
Yeah. For a lot of builds, gearing for crit, accuracy, elemental damage to attacks, attack speed, life, resists, just way too much.

I think I might try a Slayer Poison Quill Rain build next.

Borzak

I'm running a slight add of poison to the EE Blade Flurry build, but it's not really centered around it. Poisonous fangs was right there on the tree and I got Maligar's Cruelty early on. Probably refund that skill at some point but it's 1 point and was right there. Fatal toxins/node is also right there and I went around it. I haven't researched if it would help or not. Last league I wound up with enough respect points and orbs of regret I could have almost done the whole tree. Still early and still just playing around. Also my snakebite gloves have 60% chance to apply poison at max charges. I wound up with a lot of poison gear so far without actually looking for it.

Borzak

Anyone know what the quest in act 9 gives sp that is new, heard someone mention it haven't seen it.

Also, not sure if it's blade flurry or something else. "Sometimes" when I get nothing but mobs around me really thick I'll do my blade flurry to 6 several times and they don't take any damage. Not lag I don't know. If I leave the screen and come back they will take damage. It's really odd and I never had the problem with sunder or ED. Only does it when I have a whole screen of trash around me.

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Skill point. For passive tree.

Has anyone tried the spark build? Saw a PoE build video for it. Guy said it was the best build he has ever used. Trying to decide between that and SRS.

Caliane

only new quest at all, is the act 9, "kill the desert queen scorpion".
need to do the dagger first, then go to the oasis.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know what the quest in act 9 gives sp that is new, heard someone mention it haven't seen it.

Also, not sure if it's blade flurry or something else. "Sometimes" when I get nothing but mobs around me really thick I'll do my blade flurry to 6 several times and they don't take any damage. Not lag I don't know. If I leave the screen and come back they will take damage. It's really odd and I never had the problem with sunder or ED. Only does it when I have a whole screen of trash around me.
It's after you loot the storm blade, you get a potion to unlock the oasis with a pretty sweet boss fight at the end. The SP is not new, just moved from elsewhere, only the oasis unlock and the god.