Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Got this thru a prophecy after I looked thru mine. Took less than 3 packs in solaris temple to get it. I'll keep an eye on them now. Did the prophecy for the ring Brahma did, he got a better ring stat wise, no fair lol.

Goldrim

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious as to why there isn't more talk about this chest Inpulsa's Broken Heart Or maybe there is and I'm missing it. Everyone knows Gladiator's bleed explosions are quite good at clearing packs, it's just limited in how well you can scale it and ascendancy only really works with 1H weapons. Not much increases physical damage that isn't already restricted by "weapon" or "attack", which the bleed explosion is neither. Elemental damage increases that aren't restricted are much more bountiful. You *could* convert bleed explosions to 90% cold via passives and Hrimsorrow, I guess, never tried it though.

What would be the best skill to best distribute those lightning explosions? I was thinking Tornado Shot and a phys to cold/lightning Slayer build.

Or am I missing something that really makes Gratuitous Violence tick? I have two relatively equally geared character, one a FB/MS ranger and the other a Sunder Gladiator. The latter handles those self healing asshole much better and I think it's because of the bleed explosions. I can't really think the single target on Sunder would come close to MS any other way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

everyone hates cast on kill. Its the frostblades problem.
Trash already dies to incidental damage. Its rares/uniques/bosses that slow you down.

Like, tornado shot to proc cast on kill explosions... What is going to survive the tornado shot in the first place? only the bosses. And, then the second the trash is gone, your on kill damage is gone.

So, best use of on kill, etc is for giving aoe power to single target damage skills. which sucks.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The main pack, sure, will die to Tornado Shot regardless. It's when you get enough projectiles that secondary packs *should* die as well due to the explosions.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
That's the base ring. You need a prophecy to upgrade it -- The King's Path -- and then the ring gains an extra effect of 0.4% life regen per endurance charge. With 8 charges and 2 rings that's a lot of regen. The prophecies cost ~11c each.

For flasks, I think the guide called for a divine life, a basalt, a stibnite, a sulphur, and the Lion's Roar you already have. The life one I'd do as seething prefix and either heat or staunching suffix. Whichever suffix you don't get there needs to go on one of the others, along with a warding. Prefixes on the others don't matter too much; experimenter's, chemist's, ample, and perpetual are all pretty good. The important thing is to remember that alterations aren't free, so don't go completely nuts trying to roll perfect flasks. I always do a search on poeapp.com before I try rolling a particular flask just to see if someone else is selling one for a really low price.

Man you are awesome. I'm not going to lie man, the changes you and a couple others suggest, in my head, I'm like WTF would THAT small change matter? BAM! I'm untouchable now. Taking back those points for mana leech allowed me to move some points, which allowed me to equip another jewel, and add 30int and 30dex. With that 30int I was able to get another Kaoms equipped without ALL my gear going red on me. The Kaoms gave me another charge AND with the upgrade on the rings my regen is actually noticeable.

I swapped my flasks out, the good thing for my old man vision is that witches brew actually was a recommended flask.

Still looking for a chest piece. Poe.trade is NUTZ on the prices for any unique 6S/6L chest that isn't corrupted.

This game is just....deep. You have to read EVERYTHING.

Thanks again dude.

Marv

Golden Squire
I followed this build cuz it was linked as a good league starter but it requires a tabula. I went with it because i havent played in a long time and thought ok maybe tabulas are cheap when starting a league cuz no one has money... 18 chaos cheapest.

This is the passive skill tree: Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

And link to the guide Forum - Templar - [3.0 HC] Apep's Darkpact Quad-Totem Hiero (Shaper/Uber Atziri viable, Guardians farmable) - Path of Exile

I didnt take ancestral bond because of how good i was doing with lightning tendrils and scared of going totem-only but really starting to slow down now at 45.

Anyone got tips as to what i could do with this build before i get enough money to buy a tabula?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Did my merc lab today and ended up hitting +2 molten strike proj on the helm i've been wearing forever while leveling. Not sure if I want to sell it or keep it and cheese some MS action myself now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Did my merc lab today and ended up hitting +2 molten strike proj on the helm i've been wearing forever while leveling. Not sure if I want to sell it or keep it and cheese some MS action myself now.
2 more projectiles on top of 7 is not going to make or break that skill. It's already nuts with just the two threshold jewels.

Frost Blades with multistrike, ancestral call, +2 chain from Touch of Anguish is a pretty fun clear skill. It's fun seeing all those icy projectiles zip all over the place. It DOES suck even versus just rares(or even just 1-3 fatties) and the chaining does very little to solve that most of the time. Molten Strike in a 6L does solve that issue, but it's kinda clunky. Having to close to melee range to finish off a pack never feels good. And if you build it right, you're abusing LoH and projectiles, but dear god, waiting for those balls to drop can get you killed sometimes. Even worse if you add the close to melee range time, depending on the fight.

I love abusing LoH and multiple hits per second, but I think this was a good reminder of "fuck stationary melee skills".

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Forgot to mention this, saw this website on ziggyd's stream:

poedb.tw

It's got shaper and elder affixes for each type of item. On top of that, it's got vaal chances so you can know just how depressingly long it would take you to +arrow that quiver!

PoEDB: Exile Chronicles

~1%...a while :(

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Are there any one button builds? I thought I found something on the forums where the author was touting the simplicity of it and it didn't require much flask use, but I can't find it now.

Asking for a friend that plays on Xbox.

Edit:. Theory'd up a bleed / puncture / physical bow build, but dunno if it's viable. So thinking I need a starter one for the league and toy with my strange shit after I have currency.

Jarex

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Found a sweet, sweet ring for my Frost Blades/Molten Strike Ngamahu's Flame build - the life gain on hit is a new affix for elder/shaped rings

Ring.png

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This xpansion is so much fun. Love the new changes that promote clearing all the maps and diff maps. Just chain running the same shaped map was the best thing I could do previously but just got so boring. Now there’s just all kinds of variety and I love it. Abysses also fun. Just wish there were more breaches (seems like they reduced the spawn rate maybe) and map drop rates seem worse to me too.

When does elder make an appearance? I’m about 25% thru the atlas and still just shaper in it, of which I’ve done 4-5. Is there something that triggers ?