Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's pretty fast to take a new char up to maps once you have your first one out of the way. Just get all your twink gear ready and roll with 3 quicksilvers the whole way smashing everything super fast.
Especially in this league. Get that belt with three effective abyss sockets and you can roll with shit gear for a while.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So i'm still in white maps (did my first yellow map tonight just cause it had shaper influence on it) but slayer + vaal pact feels pretty decent. Still got a lot of upgrading to do so hopefully that will keep it feeling nice into yellow/red maps. I'm almost tempted to say once I get some decent gear on I'll be able to run without a life flask but at the moment I still have to pop it sometimes on bosses and when an abyss spits out a few tough rares assuming I don't get 1shot by them which I did 3 times by one in the t6 map before just saying fuck it and skipping him.

Heavy strike didn't feel very good with my build on a 5link so I said screw it and changed to molten strike cheese after getting my 5link back tonight, although wild strike holds up pretty well against single target in low level maps.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I run without a life flask. Not sure how long that is going to last. I have never run an evasion character and it seems like it does pretty well, until it doesn't. The deaths I seem to die too quickly to life flask. I run at full health and have a support gem for full health. Then instantly zero when it happens. Just a different playstyle from the zerker/VP I ran last league. I still run life leech, just different. Go a long time without taking any damage, then boom. Some of that was resist. I had to move some gear around since I got a 6 link chest. While I was working on changing the resist around I ran iceberg. FYI you can finish the iceberg boss with -15 cold resist, without a death. Should be a achievement for that lol.

Last edited:

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hopefully this link works, should be my lvl 85 Necro: View Profile - Path of Exile - Jabberwhacky101

Gear and passives are a bit hodge podge, such is life as SSF I feel. The chest piece is ridiculous, been using it since 35 even though I dumped a lot of Chaos into high level chainmails. I got an interesting weapon that gives me a quasi 5-link SRS, and I'm running 8 Zombies with 2 Spectres (I like Solar Guards). It's really hard to tell the breakdown of my DPS between the 3, so I'm wondering where I should put my last 2 Ascendancy points. Do I want the 100% Spectre life/damage from Soul Weaver, or the broad Spirit Eater 30% Minion damage + self cast speed buff when I eat corpses? (and I do eat them the entire maps)

Also related, when I get a 5 or (gasp!) 6 link, should I keep Spectre in it? The SRS weapon and Baron Zombie seems pretty solid so far. Also also, Flesh Offering vs. Blood Offering; I use Flesh for the giant move/castspeed buff on myself+minions, but is it worth using Blood for bosses? 50% damage seems like an awful lot, but I have no idea how much DPS is gained from the 29% attack/cast speed to compare. Advice is appreciated!

Elerion

N00b
Trying lightning tendril build, can't find a scion tree for it through. Just need a basic cast while channeling lightning damage.
Go north for MoM and witch crit/mana, West for Templar caster core, pick up Scion wheel, go east for Shadow crit core. Take life clusters you pass by. Then you can split the rest of your attention between lightning clusters and jewels.

Scion could potentially eliminate some traveling nodes and have access to more jewels, but otherwise your tree should be similar to an inquisitor. Check out Foxtactics and Mathils profiles for their characters. Note that cast speed is pretty bad as long as you’re using CWC, but becomes amazing when you transition to separate single target and clear skills in the late game.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Especially in this league. Get that belt with three effective abyss sockets and you can roll with shit gear for a while.

Those no level req gems make it so youre equipping like a level 40 added cold damage at level 1, theyre so cheap too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Finally got my Tornado Shot Slayer to level 68 so I can start playing around with the Inpulsa chest. Tornado Shot was already good at clearing packs, but now I'm offscreening stuff like Kinetic Blast or Lightning Arrow but in a much larger shape. Brought a smile to my face when I heard the Volatile sound and I had no idea where the fuck it was going to come from :)

Next challenge is to see if I can fit Tombfist, Lightpoacher, and Darkness Enthroned all into one build. Bow build are usually light on gem slots.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Need a bit of help on my build. I followed mathils first character but I dont understand the dmg scaling. Im lv81 now and need more dmg. Please help.

View Profile - Path of Exile - mkopec1

Characters name is Yow_low

Most dmg is from the charges but I dont quite understand the scaling. I know im converting shit but do I focus on WED? Or more on flat phis? Or something else? Mathils tool tip was up to like 24K for both molten strike and frost blades, im only at like 9K frost blades and about 12K on Molten. But that was when he was lv91 I think, so I still have like 10 lvls of scaling. But I need more. Seems like clear speed is lacking. bosses are Ok though with molten, but I would like more to make more shit trivial. Im up to like level 6-7 maps and doing Ok but shit seems to be slowing down now. The tree is pretty much like his, still dont have uber lab clared yet because I did not score all 6 of those trial things in my maps yet.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Hopefully this link works, should be my lvl 85 Necro: View Profile - Path of Exile - Jabberwhacky101

Gear and passives are a bit hodge podge, such is life as SSF I feel. The chest piece is ridiculous, been using it since 35 even though I dumped a lot of Chaos into high level chainmails. I got an interesting weapon that gives me a quasi 5-link SRS, and I'm running 8 Zombies with 2 Spectres (I like Solar Guards). It's really hard to tell the breakdown of my DPS between the 3, so I'm wondering where I should put my last 2 Ascendancy points. Do I want the 100% Spectre life/damage from Soul Weaver, or the broad Spirit Eater 30% Minion damage + self cast speed buff when I eat corpses? (and I do eat them the entire maps)

Also related, when I get a 5 or (gasp!) 6 link, should I keep Spectre in it? The SRS weapon and Baron Zombie seems pretty solid so far. Also also, Flesh Offering vs. Blood Offering; I use Flesh for the giant move/castspeed buff on myself+minions, but is it worth using Blood for bosses? 50% damage seems like an awful lot, but I have no idea how much DPS is gained from the 29% attack/cast speed to compare. Advice is appreciated!

You are set to private.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Uber lab is a decent chunk of damage from the last 2 points, higher level gems and quality gems will increase your damage (i'm assuming his later video tooltips had 20% gems etc. for them). You're only running herald of ice as far as auras, some more damage available there. Your 2 abyss jewels can be upgraded quite a bit too.

Caliane

Need a bit of help on my build. I followed mathils first character but I dont understand the dmg scaling. Im lv81 now and need more dmg. Please help.

View Profile - Path of Exile - mkopec1

Characters name is Yow_low

Most dmg is from the charges but I dont quite understand the scaling. I know im converting shit but do I focus on WED? Or more on flat phis? Or something else? Mathils tool tip was up to like 24K for both molten strike and frost blades, im only at like 9K frost blades and about 12K on Molten. But that was when he was lv91 I think, so I still have like 10 lvls of scaling. But I need more. Seems like clear speed is lacking. bosses are Ok though with molten, but I would like more to make more shit trivial. Im up to like level 6-7 maps and doing Ok but shit seems to be slowing down now. The tree is pretty much like his, still dont have uber lab clared yet because I did not score all 6 of those trial things in my maps yet.
without looking at mathils build...

FB and MS scale off very different things. Trying to merge the two... eh.
Multistrike and Anc call on frostblades. DPS loss. especially with touch of anguish. just run Multistrike. AC could be replaced with about anything. FA, cold pen, added cold, hypothermia, etc..

Get primeval force asap. I am not sure why you dont have this already. its clearly a larger dps gain, then any crit, etc node. ( get the 10% chance to freeze side, not the 2% damage side) that chance to freeze is ideal with touch of anguish's crit freeze penalty.

hatred is far more raw dps, then herald of ice/herald of thunder, with high base phys weapons. aka, touch of anguish and the wasps nest.
if you want raw dps. use hatred. dual heralds allows aoe procing, which increases pack/map clear, and enables SHOCK procing.

MS ancestral call+MS+icebite. I think we calc'd you needed 11 frenzy to make icebite worth vs added cold itself? didnt count how many you have..
I also find it hard to believe volley or gmp is not more dps, then anc call.

Ancestral protector would be a large dps increase.
a 5l glove or helm from essence enchants, would aid FB alot. or proj damage gripped gloves.
A silver flask instead of quicksilver or second life flask.

In both FB and Molten strikes cases with the additional 40% phys converted to cold, 100% of your damage is converted to elemental.
So, your damage will scale off both phys and elemental.
now, phys increases will also increase hatred. but, not increase added cold damage.
While elemental increases will increase everything.
Projectile increases will increase FB procs, and MS procs. MS procs are also increased with aoe damage.
FB and MS both have basic initial hits which are melee only. However, MS will proc its aoe regardless if the attack actually hits anything, as such 90% or more of MS's damage is from the projectile/aoe, and NOT the melee hit. so Melee damage with Molten strike can be ignored.

FB requires a melee hit. And those projectiles do not scale with melee damage at all. SO FB has this weird element, were if you focus on projectiles your melee hit is garbage. typically, you then focus on melee damage with FB, allowing its passive projectile spawns to clear packs, while FB itself targets the rares/bosses. Point blank further hurts FB projectile damage, as it goes much further then MS, especially with chain.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How do FB and MS scale differently? They both do majority projectile damage.

I don't think AC is a damage loss for FB. As long as you have 2+ targets, it's a big damage gain. I agree about AC and MS though, unless you're really good at exploiting that interaction.

Ice bite, according to PoB, is better than added cold at far fewer frenzies. I was playing the same build for a bit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
FB requires a melee hit. And those projectiles do not scale with melee damage at all. SO FB has this weird element, were if you focus on projectiles your melee hit is garbage. typically, you then focus on melee damage with FB, allowing its passive projectile spawns to clear packs, while FB itself targets the rares/bosses. Point blank further hurts FB projectile damage, as it goes much further then MS, especially with chain.

I think scaling FB's melee in this type of build is a mistake. MS is meant to clean up big targets, not FB. That interaction ends up being clunky and disjointed(close to melee range to finish a rare never feels good), but it is effective. If you were playing just FB in a six link, I think scaling the melee hit would have merit.

I think you're right about PB though. PB, MS, and AC puts your FB projectile damage so low(lots and lots of small hits) that you might have trouble freezing and shattering. I never took PB on my character because I seem to remember that neutering my shatters. And why play this build without those delicious shatters?

Caliane

set to private.

Running a spectre necro ssf as well atm..
if you are running SRS, probably spirit eater. 2%cast speed per corpse. 30% added damage for SRS. 2 spectres arent doin much for you, compared to SRS.
+2corpses for desecrate. 7 per cast. 15 max. spell cascade offering+desecrate is giving you 15 corpses... 30% faster cast for 4s.

Every guide I read, said flesh offering. idk, bone seems tempting to me as well..

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hmm everything was un-ticked in the Privacy settings except 'hide character tab', but I took that off too. I think it'll be viewable now?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think you're right about PB though. PB, MS, and AC puts your FB projectile damage so low(lots and lots of small hits) that you might have trouble freezing and shattering. I never took PB on my character because I seem to remember that neutering my shatters. And why play this build without those delicious shatters?

This is a good point. But I seem to remember watching mathils stream and he was cleaning up and shattering way more than I do right now. But maybe I was watching him when he was higher level. I dont know. I could try to get rid of Point blank for a bit and see how it feels.

Also good point about rimeevil force, I totally missed those nodes. I will pick them up asap. What would you guys get rid of to get these?

Caliane

This is a good point. But I seem to remember watching mathils stream and he was cleaning up and shattering way more than I do right now. But maybe I was watching him when he was higher level. I dont know. I could try to get rid of Point blank for a bit and see how it feels.

Also good point about rimeevil force, I totally missed those nodes. I will pick them up asap. What would you guys get rid of to get these?
well you need 6 points atm for primevil.
Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile
you can get 4 back, from ditching the magic abyss jewel node, and swapping to the other side of the frenzy nodes, dropping the duration one. then assassination+the crit node.
obviously, you'll want them back later. how is your life pool atm? 4400?
I opened up in pob. it does say the crit nodes are worth more, then primeevil force, point for point. assassination, and claws of pride. dervish as well even.

was mathil using touch of anguish? ToA removes freeze on crit. you have a crit build. Icebite with 15% freeze on hit, would work well in your frostblades.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Life is about 4500

So maybe ill just pick them up in the next 6 levels then. After I get the big life node by marauder ive been aiming at. Thats like +20 and another 14% overall life which is big.

How bout gear wise, is there anything I can do to get more dmg? I still have a few hundred chaos to spend.

I can get rid of that jewel node though, but I forgot I have a better one to put in there that was just a placeholder.

Last edited: