Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I know the build I posted isn't intended for bossing, but the build I based it off doesn't have the following weakness. I added a 4L that's really great for clearing but is mostly useless on bosses. HoI - Innervate - Ice Bite - Hypothermia. If I wanted to do bosses with this build, how would you handle that setup? Swapping out three gems seems like a bit much, and on top of that, I can't really find a 2G1B setup that's useful for casters. Swapping the gloves might work but the build is kinda tight on resistances, so finding two gloves that fit...fun.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow Korrupt, you really blew up your build. You were one of the few running mjolner at high level when I looked last night, then all of a sudden it is poet's today. I have been running mjolner as Inquisitor, but I haven't found a decent single target option I like (charged dash is awkward). I never did get to see your BV build. How would you compare the builds for mapping/bossing without running support?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow Korrupt, you really blew up your build. You were one of the few running mjolner at high level when I looked last night, then all of a sudden it is poet's today. I have been running mjolner as Inquisitor, but I haven't found a decent single target option I like (charged dash is awkward). I never did get to see your BV build. How would you compare the builds for mapping/bossing without running support?

I died again to these 1 second lag spikes tthat have been happening all week and its the 3rd time in 99. Since I only have this level to go its much safer to use my PP setup with MoM than charging into packs. Whats really crazy is I had a fire res flask + purity of fire + 1 all res chest and in that one instant a smaller flameblast killed me in the lag spike. It had to do some crazy ass damage to get through 85% FR and 6% reduced fire damage taken from my inpulsas corruption.

I am constantly tweaking as you can see, re-gearing, trying aura's, and really anything I can "copy" from high end builds. PoE comes at you REAL hard, I always tell this to my friends who come over and are casual compared to me and say they cant keep playing because of XYZ. You can look at the wall and see how to get around it or you can quit. What I try to enforce is that everyone has shitty days or builds and I am constantly hitting walls like my friends or anyone else not playing a #1 tier build and coming up with ways to overcome those walls. The people who dance circles around me in skill and clearing are also dying a lot this league. I dont know what it is other than insane lag from having 20x the amount of mobs designed for a map.

CoC sucks at bosses but I was able to do everything more because I was willing to die and I have done every encounter hundreds of times. CoC is insane at mapping but its a shield charging piece of paper. You really need a loot filter with 11 arc chains thats loud with all of the offscreening youll do.

BV can be insane at bossing or clearing maps with a brightbreak but its a 2 step action having to refresh blades.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If anyone can craft 3 red sockets on a weapon let me know in game. Have the chromo and will tip. ChineseQuality.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can you post your profile? I'm interested in seeing what PP build you're playing.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Locked_Up

Its my alt account but the main one I play on now. One of my boys is on my main account with Krassus etc that most of you have on your friends list. Im pretty sure I have you on Locked_up I think.

M Melicant if you goto my profile then look for LoganChuzz you can see the fastest clearspeed BV in the game. Conor also an officer has a wander variant thats also capped MS. These are just a couple of the guys who dance circles around me in clearing and builds.

If anyone can craft 3 red sockets on a weapon let me know in game. Have the chromo and will tip. ChineseQuality.

Free anytime, just hit me up later today

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
View Profile - Path of Exile - Locked_Up

Its my alt account but the main one I play on now. One of my boys is on my main account with Krassus etc that most of you have on your friends list. Im pretty sure I have you on Locked_up I think.

M Melicant if you goto my profile then look for LoganChuzz you can see the fastest clearspeed BV in the game. Conor also an officer has a wander variant thats also capped MS. These are just a couple of the guys who dance circles around me in clearing and builds.

Free anytime, just hit me up later today
Interesting combination, supplementing arc into a typical volatile build. I've never liked the clunkyness of unearth/bodyswap though. Doesn't Indigon/CoD usually require Zerphi's Last Breath?

Also, since you're death-adverse, you might want Immortal Call in your pen. I don't know if it will work for your class, but someone else was running a build where he was using Hierophant and Romira's Banquet to get 100% uptime on IC.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was watching some streamer (name is demigodking I think ) with a witch bv build and now I really wanna try bv, lol. Is it possible to do it decently with Scion ? Anything expensive besides the impulsa’s?
What is lapidary lens I keep hearing about it? Does it convert normal quality gem to 20q or something ?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is no clunkiness I have a HH and even if not 2 inspired learning jewels is enough to break the game with double beyonded E-UGS. Once I get haste from a rare within the first 10 seconds of a map its hold on to your seatbelt. Wizja made this build originally and then Windz copied and tweaked it much like I do.

We'll see though, this might be another wall and I might end up RF just to finish the level on EZ mode. I never take anything for granted until im 100.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was watching some streamer (name is demigodking I think ) with a witch bv build and now I really wanna try bv, lol. Is it possible to do it decently with Scion ? Anything expensive besides the impulsa’s?
What is lapidary lens I keep hearing about it? Does it convert normal quality gem to 20q or something ?
I'm willing to bet what you liked about the BV build has nothing to do with BV itself. BV itself is annoying to maintain and is just a catalyst for the HoI and Inpulsa chains that clear the screen. Assuming I'm correct?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm willing to bet what you liked about the BV build has nothing to do with BV itself. BV itself is annoying to maintain and is just a catalyst for the HoI and Inpulsa chains that clear the screen. Assuming I'm correct?

yea i think so. i know its a triple herald setup. was watching this stream He just flies thru incursions which would be a huge change for me, im struggling to get even a stone half the time and dependign on the layout and luck theres little chance of killing an architect and also getting a stone

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
yea i think so. i know its a triple herald setup. was watching this stream He just flies thru incursions which would be a huge change for me, im struggling to get even a stone half the time and dependign on the layout and luck theres little chance of killing an architect and also getting a stone

I'm just a generic arc witch and with impulsas I can finish incursions with over 40 seconds left in some cases, 30 seconds in almost all.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Any tips for helping me kill Uber Elder? I feel like I COULD do it, but I have to play pretty perfectly. Getting stun locked/chilled/frozen and having no regen at certain points is what's really killing me. Damage is definitely there, just have to survive.

Triple Herald BV. Suggest gem swaps and different link setups. Already know I should've taken stone golem over lightning. I'm wondering if Tukohama minor over flask minor (can't remember the pantheon name) would be worth more. The 60% recovery rate is super nice though, but I don't think I'll be taking advantage of the extra charges. Using the bossing major (lunaris I think?) (even though the % phys doesn't proc I don't think the reduced elemental and immune from chain crits feels mandatory)

First attempt I got past the first add phase before bricking. Once I switched out my sulphurs for a quiksilver heat I stopped dieing as much. Coulda probably avoided 2 or 3 deaths with a heat flask. Maybe switch Atziri's for something else? Another life flask perhaps? Obviously should quality my gems but I don't know if damage is the issue although more damage = less time I gotta spend dodging shit I guess. Got a few GCP I could throw on the gems.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd probably consider dropping the herald ascendancy, dropping whatever herald does the least damage(frost?) and getting paragon of calamity. Edit: didn't notice you had warlord's mark, probably isn't needed, although I'd consider reworking your links since I don't think you can curse on hit with herald of thunder until you kill adds and proc the effect right? So for most of the fight, you're not cursing, maybe orb of lightning +curse on hit, and remove the arcane surge. That or just manual cursing but that doesn't feel great.

Also drop some flasks and get life flasks, you need some healing. The sulfur I doubt you stand in the ground long enough for it to be worth it. Might also be worth replacing the Starkonja with a rare helm with good resists and 100+life so you can fit another unique somewhere for freeze or stun immunity. Stun immunity I feel would be better but not entirely sure what exists nowadays besides chayula. Dream Fragments would be half decent for freezing immunity maybe, although a flask might do the job.

Fight felt a lot about getting used to it rather than tweaking too much though, as long as you have enough life to not get one shot by stuff and enough ways to regen(that's where calamity would be pretty big imo, compared to my summoner build where I had no real regen). Once you're used to it, you don't really get hit by a whole lot.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I haven't looked at your gear, but a lot of people shoehorn kaom's roots into their build just for Uber elder and say it makes the fight much easier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Excellent suggestions. Gonna save my other set for now and blow it on Shaper. I'd rather save the currency for a Rigwalds for the WR build. I'll come back near the end of the league cause I don't feel a burnout coming soon. This league is seriously the most fun I've had in POE and I've progressed more in this league then I ever have in any other league. Got 2 chars 90+ with my MF'er coming along to 90 real nice. I feel like I'm more in tune with the economy and can make money in more ways then I ever had been before when I was just relying on Exalt drops. Planning my fourth character now so I think I'm going to make a nice labber. Probably RF or something and then maybe take him to Uber Elder at the end of the league if my BV guy can't do it.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
found this gem today in the guild stash.

Capture.PNG

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users