Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My Roadrunner Lab runner is probably the most fun I've had playing this game. Only use him on days where lab is moderately decent but wow this move speed is euphoric. And running lab is always profitable.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Did Vaal Temple this morning, kind of anti climatic. Was expecting real bad. Had a good corrupt I guess. Just damage, critical strike chance and multiplier, less armor and block and such.

I guess it's time to research another build and start one.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
My Roadrunner Lab runner is probably the most fun I've had playing this game. Only use him on days where lab is moderately decent but wow this move speed is euphoric. And running lab is always profitable.

I have run it a few times, how do you calculate profit? Just wanted to see someone else's baseline. Also, what is your standard helm to enchant?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did Vaal Temple this morning, kind of anti climatic. Was expecting real bad. Had a good corrupt I guess. Just damage, critical strike chance and multiplier, less armor and block and such.

I guess it's time to research another build and start one.

I keep wanting to do more and more builds but that temp league is only a few weeks away =/

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have run it a few times, how do you calculate profit? Just wanted to see someone else's baseline. Also, what is your standard helm to enchant?

I calculate profit through currency cop. Spent about 1 ex in offerings last night, came out with 500c in pure currency (2 ex drops, kind of skews it). 3 ex helm enchant that sold pretty fast and a bunch of other 20-30c helm enchants that probably won't sell very fast. A ton of skill gems that I can pawn off for about 5-10c, but will take a while. But in pure liquidated currency I made my investment back. Today's lab is pretty decent too. My path consists of 3 shrines, argus, 2 gauntlets 1 puzzle, Izaro super easy. End up with 6 keys almost every run and usually twice enchanted. Full run takes about 5-7 minutes.

I use devotos for my helm enchant. Buy mid rolls for about 4-5c. You can also use Starks, or a good rare helm. Lightpoacher double socket is also a good choice. But in my experience Devoto's sells pretty regularly.

EDIT: I should mention currency cop doesn't calculate a lot of stuff. Rares/gems are all stuff that you just sell as it comes to you, and then put the currency in the dump tab to calculate before your runs are finished. It will however calculate Div cards. I think it pulls from POE Ninja DB.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
whoever keeps throwing the lower tier maps in the guild stash, ty! im probably the only pleb who can still use em

I calculate profit through currency cop. Spent about 1 ex in offerings last night, came out with 500c in pure currency (2 ex drops, kind of skews it). 3 ex helm enchant that sold pretty fast and a bunch of other 20-30c helm enchants that probably won't sell very fast. A ton of skill gems that I can pawn off for about 5-10c, but will take a while. But in pure liquidated currency I made my investment back. .

sorry for the dumb question, but uh what do you mean you sold helm enchants? also what skill gems actually sell? still trying to learn all the ways people make currency in this game and figure out whats gonna work best for my lazy play style.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
whoever keeps throwing the lower tier maps in the guild stash, ty! im probably the only pleb who can still use em

sorry for the dumb question, but uh what do you mean you sold helm enchants? also what skill gems actually sell? still trying to learn all the ways people make currency in this game and figure out whats gonna work best for my lazy play style.

I enchant the helms (usually Devotos) and if it rolls a good enchant I sell the helm with the enchant.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh and as far as skill gems that sell: anything in super meta; usually the support skills sell the best. Elemental Dmg, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Herald of Ice, Ele hit etc. Currency cop actually aggregates the gem data. It only uses 1/20 or 20/20 data, but thats fine because I only pick up 15+ qualities. Most 20% meta gems sell min 10c. 30c if they are lvl 19/20 as people are blowing up gems left and right at the gem corrupter.

If you go to poe.ninja they actually have a top gem sellers. It's usually a bunch of 21/20 or 21/23s, but you can see from the top gems there which ones are going to sell. Anything under 3c I just use for GCP fodder.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Sup Folks, I just got into this game and honestly I am a complete noob, have about a lvl 20 duelist and I kinda get some of the basics with major upgrades in Gems and linking them along with the passive skill tree. One thing I haven't quite figured out though is I never have enough scrolls of wisdom. Should I not even bother picking up blue items unless they have a beneficial slot lineup and just sell junk blues without identifying them then just pick up yellows or higher and try to identify all yellows to sell for better deals from vendors?

Any good guides or just general advice for just starting out really new would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you, KRA!

• 1Like

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Ahh kk, I see, can trade in Portal Scrolls to get Wisdom Scrolls, will come back to thread when I get a lot more experience in game, that was one thing bothering me though. Thank you.

Borzak

I trade in transmutes or alterations in bulk, stacks at a time. But trade in/sell what you have plent of at this point. Check out all the vendor recipes, can make the game much easier and go quicker.

Can join the board guild (an officer will have to invite) and get acess to the guild stash and someone almost always in chat to answer any questions.

Vendor recipe system

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Shaper down deathless first try on my arc trapper. Nothing to brag about, but I thought the comparison was interesting since my arc/ball lightning character failed in the 3rd phase. Not sure what conclusions to draw from that.

I was using fire trap for single target...not sure it's that good compared to arc. Looks great on paper but it felt like a lot of the traps weren't damaging the boss unless your targeting was spot on. Arc is much more forgiving of sloppy tosses.

Borzak

Extremely tired. Been up almost 20 hours. Anyway should really read the mods I roll. Hyrda, no life/mana regen and hexproof which killed my mana leech from warlords mark. Died almost instantly to having zero mana. Used two mana flask and made it. Kind of suprised myself. After that decided to run regular maps for a while. When I corrupted it I almost didn't realise it changed from another map as well haha. Worked out anyway, last guardian I needed.

Hydra.png

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Got a link for this build?
Probably something like this Forum - Ranger - 3.1 Updated - Pathfinder Crit BV - Dedicated Uber Lab Farmer - 375%+ Movement Speed - Path of Exile
There's more recent ones too. Basically Qotf, lots of speed, pathfinder for more speed. You just run around at 350-400% movespeed, avoid killing anything, then blade vortex for the boss because of its ridiculous scaling and you melt Izaro easily, while having high evasion+blind so you don't really get hit, and MoM to get a high hp pool without actually needing high life(since getting the life is annoying with the right gear, but getting mana isn't as bad especially by mixing passives). There's a Scion version too iirc, and you can swap in some Molten Strike action instead of BV, using Grelwood Shanks you convert all that evasion you have into stupidly high armor when you stand still so phys mitigation is really high.

It's more expensive to run than basic thick juggs, and you will take damage from traps so you do have to be somewhat careful(not that careful, you can eat several traps in a row with mom) but you move so fast you can generally just run through everything and your life barely moves, and since it's so fast you can farm a lot faster too.

The build is good for fast low tier map farming too, to move elder around or do challenges or spawn temple or whatever. Just run straight to the boss and melt it, 20-30secs maps.

• 1Solidarity

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shaper down deathless first try on my arc trapper. Nothing to brag about, but I thought the comparison was interesting since my arc/ball lightning character failed in the 3rd phase. Not sure what conclusions to draw from that.

I was using fire trap for single target...not sure it's that good compared to arc. Looks great on paper but it felt like a lot of the traps weren't damaging the boss unless your targeting was spot on. Arc is much more forgiving of sloppy tosses.

No ones really picked up on the Flamethrower helm enchant thats like 20-40c. One fire trap and that helm on a 4L at level 81 was enough to one shot shaper phases. Really really shocked that +2 trap / fire / aoe helms or ones with that enchantment are going for so little. Its literally 50% more damage with that enchantment on a skill thats already OP.

• 1Like