Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No ones really picked up on the Flamethrower helm enchant thats like 20-40c. One fire trap and that helm on a 4L at level 81 was enough to one shot shaper phases. Really really shocked that +2 trap / fire / aoe helms or ones with that enchantment are going for so little. Its literally 50% more damage with that enchantment on a skill thats already OP.
I'm not following you. Which flamethrower helm enchant helps flame trap?

Also, I have no idea how to quantify flamethrower trap dps. Malachai's Awakening still might be better than +2 helms.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not following you. Which flamethrower helm enchant helps flame trap?

Also, I have no idea how to quantify flamethrower trap dps. Malachai's Awakening still might be better than +2 helms.

There's a flamethrower helm enchant that gives you 2 more flames coming out of your flamethrower trap. You go from 4 to 6 flames, when those flames hit anything burning from your fire trap they do 25% more damage again x6. Its massive DPS considering you can throw out 3 flamethrower traps.

I can give you a couple helms I saved with the enchant on an elder base and I think the other is on a lightpoachers. Hit me up and you can have either one, it was fun as shit to try out. I think the elder one with the enchant has conc + burning damage + fire damage to spells so essentially its a 6/7 link you can play with.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's a flamethrower helm enchant that gives you 2 more flames coming out of your flamethrower trap. You go from 4 to 6 flames, when those flames hit anything burning from your fire trap they do 25% more damage again x6. Its massive DPS considering you can throw out 3 flamethrower traps.

I can give you a couple helms I saved with the enchant on an elder base and I think the other is on a lightpoachers. Hit me up and you can have either one, it was fun as shit to try out. I think the elder one with the enchant has conc + burning damage + fire damage to spells so essentially its a 6/7 link you can play with.
Sure, I'm curious. You were using conc effect fire trap to clear? Seems kinda annoying.

I watched ZiggyD's video on flamethrower trap. He said it has a limit of 10 hits/s on any single target. So, I guess extra flames improves the uptime on that 10 hits/s?

Did you try it on Uber Elder yet? That's where I was thinking the throws would be especially sloppy and arc would be better than fire trap.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sure, I'm curious. You were using conc effect fire trap to clear? Seems kinda annoying.

I watched ZiggyD's video on flamethrower trap. He said it has a limit of 10 hits/s on any single target. So, I guess extra flames improves the uptime on that 10 hits/s?

Did you try it on Uber Elder yet? That's where I was thinking the throws would be especially sloppy and arc would be better than fire trap.

Only leveled him to 82 and used my belly without any AoE or Conc on firetrap as 6L. Getting the flames to even hit 10s with 6 spinning seems like a lot, my memory could be off but they seemed slower. Its fun and unexpected damage though, for sure try it out. It would just go to waste if you dont anyway. Im wrapping up Abyssal Depths / Omnitech kills so 40/40 is done and ill take a break until the temp league in 3 weeks.

If anyone wants maps hit me up, im done with any kind of leveling on alts etc.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got a link for this build?

This is the one I'm running. I made top 30 lab runs last night and that was doing full runs, not even bee lining it. I have no idea how those are calculated if you have to get a certain amount of treasures or something for it to count but I thought it was pretty cool I made it so high without trying. The # 1 guy has his profile private is is way ahead of everyone else so I have no idea what he is doing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

This is the one I'm running. I made top 30 lab runs last night and that was doing full runs, not even bee lining it. I have no idea how those are calculated if you have to get a certain amount of treasures or something for it to count but I thought it was pretty cool I made it so high without trying. The # 1 guy has his profile private is is way ahead of everyone else so I have no idea what he is doing.
You don't need to do anything but get to the end for the times, people at the top generally just rush. I watched some guy who does a bunch of lab running twitch past streams a couple weeks back and he was doing some qotf runs and was clearing in under 3mins by just running to the end with a good layout. When you think about 1min of that is waiting for Izaro to come out and leave and for the doors to open, it's pretty crazy, but that was also shitty efficiency since not that many keys.

The build definitely looks fun I'll probably try making one. I'm still not sure on BV vs Molten though, Molten variation looks a lot better for facetanking Izaro but BV looks better for general leveling and shit, and relies less on having the helm enchant for yourself.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Only leveled him to 82 and used my belly without any AoE or Conc on firetrap as 6L. Getting the flames to even hit 10s with 6 spinning seems like a lot, my memory could be off but they seemed slower. Its fun and unexpected damage though, for sure try it out. It would just go to waste if you dont anyway. Im wrapping up Abyssal Depths / Omnitech kills so 40/40 is done and ill take a break until the temp league in 3 weeks.

If I understood ZiggyD correctly, while a flame is on a target, it hits 10 times per second. So more flames improves flame uptime on a single target. You're likely right that you won't hit that limit though.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
ah ok thanks penance, trying to think of what i might wanna play next league, aurabot seems fun since i prefer to tag along with someone makes things seem less grindy? but i also still wanna be able to clear shit on my own.

Also holland, add me in game or msg me on asleepdan if you dont get an invite in to the guild right away, i got a bunch of low lvl uniques and shit, dosent make you super OP but jus takes a bit of pain out of the start of the game, i jus started maybe 2 weeks ago now i dont really have much reason to sit n farm my heart out since i started late i just wanted to get the hang of the game before the next league came out so i might start leveling that aurabot so im not spending too much time next league derping around with my build so if you want some company hmu.

Ill take any extra maps you got, im still trying to fill out my atlas with anything above tier 3 are you in the forum guild? if not add me ign is asleepdan

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
ah ok thanks penance, trying to think of what i might wanna play next league, aurabot seems fun since i prefer to tag along with someone makes things seem less grindy? but i also still wanna be able to clear shit on my own.

Also holland, add me in game or msg me on asleepdan if you dont get an invite in to the guild right away, i got a bunch of low lvl uniques and shit, dosent make you super OP but jus takes a bit of pain out of the start of the game, i jus started maybe 2 weeks ago now i dont really have much reason to sit n farm my heart out since i started late i just wanted to get the hang of the game before the next league came out so i might start leveling that aurabot so im not spending too much time next league derping around with my build so if you want some company hmu.

Ill take any extra maps you got, im still trying to fill out my atlas with anything above tier 3 are you in the forum guild? if not add me ign is asleepdan

I can throw you most of every map up to 14/15 and the un'id'd ones. I'm in another guild with people who group / theorycraft a lot which is more my playstyle in this game. You are going to hate your life if you go aurabot unless you have good, strong people to play with.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I can throw you most of every map up to 14/15 and the un'id'd ones. I'm in another guild with people who group / theorycraft a lot which is more my playstyle in this game. You are going to hate your life if you go aurabot unless you have good, strong people to play with.

Yeah... i was thinking of that, was hoping there would be someone in the guild down for some grouping at the start of the new league, as its def more my playstyle too

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Anybody else an officer I can send an message to in game to get me into the cool peoples guild? If not I can always wait for JonKimble. Have questions to ask as I proceed through the game is all ;) KRA!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I can't remember if the game uses account name(Deathwing6) or character name(Traps_NoHomo), try me on either.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck this fight.
fuck_this_fight.png

Accomplishment? Frustration? IDK, a little bit of both. Can't say the experience made me want to farm him. Shaper, sure, but not this fight.

4 sets, that was my last portal. My traps finished him off. I was shield charging around like an idiot. Maybe the fight will get more routine next league, definitely was jittery.

Anyway, 37 challenges done, come marvel at my totem. If anyone wants any of the gear on my toons, let me know, I'll be giving it away. Probably dump all my maps and currency and such into the guild stash if I feel like putting up with the non-ctrl-click method(WHY ISN'T THIS FIXED YET?).

View Profile - Path of Exile - Deathwing6

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also, fuck the asshole that came up with the RNG for "Use these Devices". Fucking ridiculous. I ended not doing that for my 37. Pity those deciding to go 40.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
You finally did it, Mr. Deathwing. Well done!

If you got extra guardian maps, I'd like to use em! Haven't been able to farm many of them since I play my meme build almost exclusively.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I got devices done pretty easily by farming low level temples.
I'd rather kill Uber Elder than farm A9 quarry temples. I mean, that IS what I ended up doing. As frustrating(and expensive) as it can be to learn new encounters in this game, that type of grind is even worse.

It's like farming up an Oni-Goroshi. How long is going to take? 2 hours? 6 hours? 3 days? I could have been done yesterday! These sort of open-ended long grinds really fuck with your mind.

On top of that, no one should be stuck looking at 7/9 for as long as most people will. That sort of incongruity really sticks out and makes you think it really shouldn't have taken this long and they didn't put much thought into it. Kind of like that Embezzler kill in Encounters I.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You finally did it, Mr. Deathwing. Well done!

If you got extra guardian maps, I'd like to use em! Haven't been able to farm many of them since I play my meme build almost exclusively.
Thanks! Feeling more towards accomplishment now.

I'll be on tomorrow, you can have whatever you want. I think I have 8 guardian maps left.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
You should. It isn't easy. Even for me still, have probably 70-80 lifetime kills, and I've done it deatlhless maybe 8? I know I play only melee champs, but maaan I'm so much better than this at dark souls but this motherfucker still kills me all the time.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm done this league, probably in general for awhile. I am too old I think, and the game is just too hard for me lol. Invested in two t16 maps for almost 100 chisels and the final boss one shot me on both despite having no hard mods at all (no reflect, no extra damage, no resistance dropping, etc), there was frankly nothing at all i could do, port in and dead, before I could even hit my double strike guys. Shit like that I just can't hang with, so I guess I suck at the game.

Thanks Kim for all the help this league, though, see ya next one.

Edit: I might pop on when my friend comes for a lan party, and probably for dailies just to get level 8 on them finally but really, that's about it for me.