Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Horizontal at depth 60ish. Costs 20-40 sulphite per node. 18000 sulphite can last me almost 18 hours down there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kiroy Kiroy Funny and accurate.

Been playing Jugguloch with Consecrated Path. Cool skill, basically flicker without the stupidity. I imagine the single target might feel a bit lack luster when it gets to the real high end. I wonder if it's worth switching helm and two jewels for Molten Strike in those situations.

Has anyone else noticed a sort of minimum duration to CP's teleport? If you're familiar with Lightning Warp, especially with Poet's Pen since that allows you to bypass the casting animation minimum duration, you can easily trigger your PP before LW finishes casting, thus wasting the second trigger. In that situation, it's better to "jog" in between PP triggers to maximize your overall movement speed. It takes a bit of practice, but you eventually get the cadence for stutter stepping required to optimize LW and PP casting.

CP feels the same way. If I just hold down right click, I get frequent double slams in the same location despite holding my mouse far away and mobs being present in that location. Doing a little jog between CP attacks feels overall faster.
Look at this idiot, not thinking of using a Brightbeak.

Holding down right click feels SO much better with 50% more attack speed, who knew!!?!? Obviously, if there was some minimum duration to CP, more attack speed would just make it more obvious. Which it didn't. So, I'm not sure what's going on. I think I'm still getting double slam between teleports with a Brightbeak, it's that the weapon is so damn fast that it doesn't matter and is hard to perceive.

Was really the last piece of the puzzle for a great all around build, loving it so far.

I think someone on the dev team really like Flicker Strike and saw that it won't work in Delve, so they created this skill just for that purpose.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ripped an Arc Totem Heirophant this weekend, but I was able to put together about 150c towards another Dominating Blow build, this time with Grip of the Council and Soul Taker. I have high hopes for it, really think this build will do some damage. Having trouble deciding if I want to go for a +1 sentinel of purity enchant or a +1 dom blow rare sentinel. Or maybe even that +1 holy relic helm, looks like it can do some damage fully linked up.

• 1Like

Soljourn

Lord Nagafen Raider
As requested here's a list of the maps I need:
Level 7: Underground River
Level 9: Plateau, Scriptorium, Sepulcher
Level 10: Orchard, Wasteland
Level 11: Coves, Primordial Pool, Promenade, Spider Forest
Level 12: Overgrown Shrine, Racecourse, Summit, Torture Chamber
Level 13: Core, Desert Spring, Ghetto, Malformation, Park, Shrine

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone found a movement package that they're completely satisfied with when playing an Indigon and Poet's Pen build? They always feel like some degree of square peg and round hole.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i'm having a hard time comping this on the trade sights. I've had it listed for an ex for a while but must be over, but I'd figure there's a couple fire convert builds that would love to work on this. Thoughts or should I just start recrafting the base (was going for warlords mark)

1537891140051.png

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would be way too expensive to finish that craft out, you might as well reroll it.

EDIT: Also, those mods and that base don't jive very well. Maybe if it was lightning damage or on a Coral ring you could get an ex, but I'm not aware of any ES based melee characters that utilize fire conversion.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has anyone found a movement package that they're completely satisfied with when playing an Indigon and Poet's Pen build? They always feel like some degree of square peg and round hole.

Pretty sure UrofferscanFukOFF leveled as a deadeye tshot to 100 then swapped over. Last league though I found bodyswap to be fine grinding to 100, it feels fast as shit once those inspired learnings start to do work. The prolif and not having to target anything is soo fucking good, i almost rerolled to poets pen to finish 100 on the champion at 99 this league. Shameful how lazy i am

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure UrofferscanFukOFF leveled as a deadeye tshot to 100 then swapped over. Last league though I found bodyswap to be fine grinding to 100, it feels fast as shit once those inspired learnings start to do work. The prolif and not having to target anything is soo fucking good, i almost rerolled to poets pen to finish 100 on the champion at 99 this league. Shameful how lazy i am
Bodyswap feels situationally good, but I've never used it with Inspired Learning. It just feels awful the times where you sit there casting Unearth 2-3 times before your realize something is blocking your projectiles. Or your mouse is too far away and the corpses aren't appearing in time for bodyswap to use them.

It just never got to "smooth", where you can get into a cadence not have to think about it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I used lightning warp with my PP build and it was pretty nice for clearing, obviously had to switch for boss fights though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
LW feels mostly alright. The minimum distance and duration can be clunky when you have to spam it around a higher HP target. What I couldn't work out with LW is that it requires 2 supports to feel good. Or I guess 1 support and the expensive helm enchant. All three would be nice. But with just one spell in the PP, it's *really* easy to run into the ~3.75 APS limit, especially on a non-crit build(which is most indigon PP builds). Easiest way to deal with that is obviously put another spell in the pen. That's part of the reason, I assume, a lot of people play unearth/bodyswap.

So, I guess I was being unintentionally misleading in my original question. Has anyone found a movement package they were happy with while not having to worry about the 250ms spell cooldown bullshit?

Maybe I'll revisit the build when prices come down. LW + Indigon is currently in the 20 - 35 ex range.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bodyswap feels situationally good, but I've never used it with Inspired Learning. It just feels awful the times where you sit there casting Unearth 2-3 times before your realize something is blocking your projectiles. Or your mouse is too far away and the corpses aren't appearing in time for bodyswap to use them.

It just never got to "smooth", where you can get into a cadence not have to think about it.

I went brainless to 100 with it but a huge part i would say were those 2 jewels. The movement speed from the nemesis haste buff and soul eater makes any skill or movement seem fine.

What makes PP really shine for grinding is the prolif with HoA and Indigon, you dont need to target or aim backwards trying to clean up scraps. Those balls just seek everything out and burn the corpses spreading burning damage across screens. It makes the investment go up even higher though because youll need the Indigon with HoA mana reserve enchant and an englighten 4 to min max.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
157/159 atlas now

Lvl 76 delve mobs. Wonder if I'm lvl 95 before Im even trying to push content.

That's what I was excited for - pushing really hard trash and bosses. I'm getting exalts from finishing delves that I can basically wall thru with molten shell doing all the work. Hmm.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Did you always delve downwards, or use a lot of sulphite for horizontal exploration? If you are way past lvl90 and always went down you should be deeper than you are.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

I was doing it on the left side like I did in beastiary when I went all the way through uber elder (all the red maps + shaped bog). Only thing I can't remember about doing the elder zone over there was whether or not you needed to be able to get it on the 2 t16s to get the zone to stretch or not but that's how I did it to get t15 elder to get all the mem frags last time. This time I tried adding waste pool and orchard in but the zone still kept collapsing or refusing to expand when i'd run the last couple maps.