Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the fact they are making really small changes tell me they know full well it sucks, I just hope they keep adding interface changes because the QoL in this game really sucks around inventory management between leagues/standard.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah the fact they are making really small changes tell me they know full well it sucks, I just hope they keep adding interface changes because the QoL in this game really sucks around inventory management between leagues/standard.
I think I vaguely remember them saying it was some temporary shit for now and they had more coming when they added that. But I guess it's not top priority while requiring a fair amount of coding and shit since they'd have to rework how everything is generated in new leagues ahd what not, meanwhile it's an inconvenience for the 15mins of a league for most people after which they forget it's an issue until the next league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Vorph Vorph thanks for the suggestions. Dancing Duo clears quite well, they usually outpace my ball lightning. It's too bad Command of the Pit is required because I want to use Empire's Grasp.

Is there a good way to reliably start rampage at any moment outside of 4 writhing flasks?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I only have two flasks; with 17%/19% reduced charges used on them plus a 20% belt and 15% from Arcane Chemistry it puts me to the minimum possible usage (10 of 40). If you can't path to Arcane Chemistry you can still get it to 12-13 charges used to only need three flasks.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I was hoping I didn't have to dedicate two flasks slots. Can you post your character? I think I'll start next league with this character. Toxic Rain transitions into this quite nicely.

I'm considering dropping one of the poison supports so I can use slower proj but I don't know if that's worth it.

Vorph

I loaned out all my gear while I'm playing RDR2, so best I can do is PoB:
I tried Slower Proj, but I felt it was a net loss in virulence because you're forced to drop Poison rather than Lesser Poison. I considered it for uber elder but even there I'm not sure about it because I was quite far away from the action an awful lot during the fight. The only swap I used often was Minion Speed <-> Conc. Effect in the sword.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why not drop lesser poison and pick up a Hypnotic jewel?

Some interesting choices. Why vulnerability? And no offering? Basalt seems like it would be better than Taste of Hate, but I was also considering using a Loreweave over Kaom's. Summoner just seem to need so many gem sockets!

No life on spell hit? What's your sustain?

Vorph

Why not drop lesser poison and pick up a Hypnotic jewel?

Some interesting choices. Why vulnerability? And no offering? Basalt seems like it would be better than Taste of Hate, but I was also considering using a Loreweave over Kaom's. Summoner just seem to need so many gem sockets!

No life on spell hit? What's your sustain?
I could get a jewel, but I didn't really like Slower Proj. I might use it for Uber Atziri, that's about it.

Vuln because curses don't do much vs. bosses but it helps the swords kill trash better. Especially delve nodes. Offering I didn't really consider... no room really and I'm not a necro to get the benefit for myself too. Not sure about Basalt vs. Taste... I feel like Taste is probably better for uber elder and some of the more deadly delve effects (like the ground spike) are cold IIRC. As for gem sockets, my favorite part of the build is that it uses two buttons (plus two buffs and a flask macro).

Sustain is just having full Writhing Jars constantly thanks to Pathfinder. Even for uber elder it wasn't a problem. One heals for 1278 and the other does 1491.

Last edited:

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
so i started a character in the league??? anyway im a shadow, throwing a wave of daggers and going into a mine every now and then. seems fun, but im only lvl 11, what i dont know, is what weapons should i use for that sort of attack?

Caliane

Ethereal knives is a spell. it won't scale with weapon damage, or ATTACK, mods. it will scale with spell damage, physical damage with spells.

now, the wording on physical damage can be.. odd. In your passive tree, in the shadow area notably, there are physical damage passives. those will effect attacks and spells. if it just says, "increases physical damage", then its BOTH attacks and spells. same on GEAR, that is NOT a weapon.
on a WEAPON, "increased physical damage" is ONLY on THAT weapon, and with attacks. (while, "increased fire damage", or "increased elemental damage" is spells and attacks, even when on weapon.. unless its specifically, "increased elemental damage with attacks."

Spells in PoE scale with flat added damage per skillgem level. making +gem level very powerful with them. While attack base damage scales with equipped weapon.

Ethereal knives, aka EK, is also a projectile. So, will scale with projectile damage. and can be used with pierce, fork, or chain. mostly pierce is what youll want.
EK does NOT "shotgun". Shotgunning, refers to when a skill, fires multiple projectiles, etc, and each individual shot can hit a single target more then once. EK throws 9 knives. no ONE creature can get hit by more then one knive, without fork or chain.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
so i started a character in the league??? anyway im a shadow, throwing a wave of daggers and going into a mine every now and then. seems fun, but im only lvl 11, what i dont know, is what weapons should i use for that sort of attack?
For the simple answer since Caliane explained mechanics, a wand with spellpower or potentially a dagger with global crit(but crit isn't going to do much for you until you stack a lot of it).

So mostly a wand, at least for leveling. 2wands even probably early on, can switch to a shield later on, but 2wands gives more spell damage, and you can still block while dualwielding(15% base block with DW). There is sadly no +physical spell gem level mods on wands(or on anything afaik), so EK might not be the greatest for leveling, although iirc it has a decent base damage and you can scale it pretty easily with herald of fire/hatred. Stats on the wand, look for additional spell damage, adds x as y type of damage to SPELLS(there will also be just add x to cold damage for example, this only applies to attacks, not spells so not good for you), crit with spells, casting speed.

Supports you'll want for EK, at least some options: Added Fire(not the other types, fire converts a part of your physical to fire, which ends up scaling better), Faster Projectiles, Faster Casting/Spell Echo(one or the other), Controlled Destruction, Physical to Lightning.

Other skills: Fire Dash(for movement, only thing you can use with wands for a while), Hatred(cold aura), Herald of Ash(until Hatred), Warlord's Mark(with blasphemy support or curse on hit or linked with cast when damage taken), Cast when damage taken+Immortal Call.

Don't have to do everything but you can experiment a bit. You'll probably eventually reroll to something else anyway.

Caliane

yeah, its been on the menu since closed beta. not my thing. but, I mean, guilds/forums could have fun with it.

Streamers as noted. people would def pay to watch krip/ziz etc do an ironman mode.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Seems like a streamer thing to me.
Yeah or places like this forum but I doubt we have the numbers that would care for some of those more masochistic mods.

If they made it where you could make things easier but it’s locked dead in that league it might be a different story. Not easier as in power but loot acquisition maybe.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I like the idea but I don't know how much traction it will have. I like knowing that I am playing with a lot of other players and the game is hustling and bustling. Playing in a 10 player league doesn't sound like too much fun. It'll be interesting to see how popular this feature is after it gets released.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I like the idea. It has no appeal to me directly as described in the link, but I won't write off the idea that someone could cook up a league that appeals later on. Indirectly, it's a diversification of GGG's revenue stream. This is good because unless they drastically change the price on MTX(whether they should on principle or not is another topic), they've just about captured that revenue stream. The player base has been relatively stable the last few leagues, so new players coming in and buying MTX probably isn't that high, pending new players finally realizing another unnamed franchise is finally dead. The people willing to buy MTX at the current price point already are, so they need capture revenue else where.

When you create a private league, you can choose to base it off any of the core permanent or challenge leagues that are currently running. It will gain all the properties of the league you based it off. If you parent your league to a challenge league, you will be able to do the challenges from that league in your private league.

Does this mean I can get the breach portal MTX?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does this mean I can get the breach portal MTX?
It says currently running challenge league. So you can do Delve right now for example, instead of just standard. This means you can run this at any point and not be losing out on challenges and what not.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It says currently running challenge league. So you can do Delve right now for example, instead of just standard. This means you can run this at any point and not be losing out on challenges and what not.

The language was slightly vague, so I was just hoping. Perandus and Breach portal MTX are probably the only one I miss that I really want.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The language was slightly vague, so I was just hoping. Perandus and Breach portal MTX are probably the only one I miss that I really want.
They said they don't want to make the game "easier" with those, just harder basically and being able to use old league mods would make it easier, or would kill standard economy(run Nemesis, farm all the headhunters you can hold, this kind of shit).

It's really mostly going to be limited to like streamer league challenges and stuff like that I think. Like crowdfunded events from the big streamers, viewers pay for the league a little bit each, then everyone plays some weird ass hard mode league as a challenge. Maybe streamer gives away shit at the end(there's some rules about giveaways so not sure it'd work but if it's rewarding for races it'd probably be fine).

I think it's going to be super limited in scope, but it might also be part of the tech they made for the new race season(which supposedly is going to start again at some point). Asynchronous racing would require being able to make "your own leagues" similarily. So they made the tech for that, and monetize it too on the side for something most people didn't really care about anymore.