Path of Exile

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man I played molten strike boy for a bit in delve league...after playing aoe witches and scions for a few leagues. holding right click to melee dudes over and over got kind of old hehe. does it improve?

What movement skill are you using? It's kind of fun to Whirling Blades in to packs and melt with right click. I don't think it changes much skill wise though. Sometimes pop Blood Rage or Ancestral Protector to turn on turbo mode.

Goonsquad Officer
nothing yet. just low end fresh start to tinker with skills. I bet with a good movement skill it'd be nicer.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
nothing yet. just low end fresh start to tinker with skills. I bet with a good movement skill it'd be nicer.

If you have a shield, try out Shield Charge until you gain access to Whirling Blade, it's a green skill so you have to wait until you get to The Library I think.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Just downloaded this, haven't played this type of game since D2, and even then it was only ever offline. No real clue what 'm doing but decided to try and aim for a double strike marauder build. As of now just dicking about in act1 with 2 swords.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you have a shield, try out Shield Charge until you gain access to Whirling Blade, it's a green skill so you have to wait until you get to The Library I think.
I replaced leap slam with this. I’m enjoying it more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just downloaded this, haven't played this type of game since D2, and even then it was only ever offline. No real clue what 'm doing but decided to try and aim for a double strike marauder build. As of now just dicking about in act1 with 2 swords.

This guide should help: [2018] Best Path of Exile Beginner guide [Extended] - Path of Exile Gems

Remember, if something seems too complicated just keep playing and reread the guide every so often and you will get more and more as you go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I have been messing around with a 2H mace Jugg and i seem to have hit another wall in act 8. My resists are maxed but i guess i dont have enough ac or life because i keep getting melted by bosses. So it will have to be farming for a while until i get some gear upgrades.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have been messing around with a 2H mace Jugg and i seem to have hit another wall in act 8. My resists are maxed but i guess i dont have enough ac or life because i keep getting melted by bosses. So it will have to be farming for a while until i get some gear upgrades.

This happens to even the best players when starting a new league so don't let it frustrate you. The best thing to do when you hit a wall is grind, this game rewards grinding. Pick a zone you like even in the story and farm it for loot, XP, and gem levels. When you finish a zone just zone out and then hold CTRL + left click the zone entrance on the map. Easiest way to do it is click a waypoint and then CTRL click the zone you want an instance of -

1542470245769.png

Also a lot of bosses have attacks which are meant to be dodged not mitigated. Try your best to see what the boss is doing and look for the visual cue they are about to slam, explode, or do something nasty.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Might be life, armor is mostly irrelevant in this game and most builds will ignore armor even at endgame(in fact especially at endgame due to how it works). Direct damage reduction like endurance charge for physical, conversion to elemental(which is then reduced by your ele resists), increasing ele resist cap and so on is the only thing people use for mitigation, then it's either getting avoidance(block/dodge/evasion) or just getting more health(direct life or mind over matter mechanics to use your mana as health or getting big ES numbers) along with regen.

Mind you, depending on what level you are and what you're doing, there's some stuff you're not supposed to facetank.

But if you're not following a guide it's very likely you just didn't get enough life on the tree, that's the #1 mistake new players make. Life is just very very important and even glass cannons still need a fair amount to avoid getting one shot by random small shit.

• 1Like

Caliane

Baeclast with Technical Director Jonathan Rogers has some interesting technical discussions.

He insists the engine is quite well optimized. and, any issues is either largely server issues, or the result of PoE not having caps on attack/cast speed, projectiles, etc.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Baeclast with Technical Director Jonathan Rogers has some interesting technical discussions.

He insists the engine is quite well optimized. and, any issues is either largely server issues, or the result of PoE not having caps on attack/cast speed, projectiles, etc.

This was mentioned in the video, told ya so!
GGG are aware of stat sticks being an issue, and are having heated discussions about how to address them. No clear answer on whether or not it'll be addressed in 3.5.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Did most of the popular/meta builds in delve even use stat sticks? Molten strike doesn't need it, BV doesn't need it (but can use them), RF doesn't use them, bow builds don't use them. I wish they would stop trying to nerf everything except 2 or 3 skills every league and focus more on making more viable options for endgame levels of content but I guess after 6 years or w/e it's been of them just nerfing things to make a new op that's just stupid wishful thinking.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Obviously builds that can't use stats stick don't use them. The issue with stats sticks isn't that everyone uses them, it's that for any build that can use them, they're virtually the best option and kill versatility and choice. Which is most physical builds, especially melee and physical spells. Shit's been on the list to nerf for a while.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yes but why is that a problem when stat stick builds still fall short of shit like poets pen or molten strike or BV or anything else... Nerfing stat sticks just means those builds that can use them to be at least semi-competitive with the other shit are going to fall into worthless again. That's my point, they pick random shit to nerf with no care for the overall balance between builds/skills or encouraging diversity in builds without actively gimping yourself to play something different.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You're arguing a lost cause, look at how many years they've left skills like glacial hammer and ice nova literally in the gutter.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
They are nerfing stat sticks because of their effect on making 2h builds and non-max block sword+shield builds pretty much obsolete, among other reasons I can't think of right now. That isn't a random nerf.

2h still needs a buff.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Forum - Templar - [3.4 Video Guide] Dominating Blow "Call to Arms" League Starter Build - Path of Exile

Been dicking around with the above. Tweaking it for my own style, but I have a question on charges. He has Immortal Call which I get, but don’t you need an endurance charge generator? Or will IC do that? I know there are uniques that will do it too. I’m probably missing something very obvious.

I did a build like that in delve its pretty tits. I believe my endurance charge generation was from ascendancy.

• 1Like