Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I did a build like that in delve its pretty tits. I believe my endurance charge generation was from ascendancy.
It is. I’m having fun. Swapped out for the shield slam for movement for my own flavor.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You're arguing a lost cause, look at how many years they've left skills like glacial hammer and ice nova literally in the gutter.

Yeah that's why I said it was just wishful thinking cause it's been the same story since closed beta =(
Stat stick not useful for BV what? Did the BV meta change? I've been out since Incursion.

You can use stat sticks for BV but you can play it with disintegrator or something else just as easily.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
They are nerfing stat sticks because of their effect on making 2h builds and non-max block sword+shield builds pretty much obsolete, among other reasons I can't think of right now. That isn't a random nerf.

2h still needs a buff.

I don't think 2h builds have ever been popular, barring a couple that use uniques specifically like marohi erqi EQ or ngamahu cyclone and whatnot. Non-max block 1h/shield build upside comes from slightly better defenses/easier gearing and cheaper than getting 2 good weapons and also has never really been popular as far as I know. Nerfing stat sticks (or removing them from the game and going back to the way things were before) isn't going to somehow make everyone decide to play 2handers or use a shield in builds that don't use block, it's just going to further limit the endgame potential of a lot of skills/builds.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
2h builds were popular when disfavour came out, then super popular when Starforge came out, then they died because stat sticks did a lot more damage than their of those. It takes more than just nerfing stat sticks to fix 2h I agree, but the disparity between 2h and dual wield/stat stick is too huge.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, is there a discord invite for the launch time? I know some of you are in PoE guilds or whatever. League Launch shoot the shit party and stuff!?

I'm going to start then and follow this Molten Strike build as my first major foray.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
2h sucks, 1h/stat stick is decent enough to almost catch a glimpse of the op builds on the horizon. Nerfing stat sticks is just going to make it so nobody uses 1h any more (barring block builds) but either option is still miles behind things like PP/Ele hit/arc traps/BV (which can use disintegrator or other things than stat sticks just fine) so at the end of the day does it really matter?

"I'm playing a gimped build but at least I am not gimped compared to as many things now as I was before the stat stick nerf" seems silly to me. Much better solution would be to boost 2handers (easiest way would probably be through buffing the passive tree nodes) to have a bit more damage that way chars like my reave/flurry from beastiary would still be viable instead of being thrown in the dumpster since his damage with 20ex+ of gear was significantly worse than my 8ex ele hit char was this league, not to mention convenience/comfortability of playstyle (bow vs flurry that barely hits something that is literally hugging me).

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Your argument for stat sticks is that they are other good builds that don't use stat sticks? Except none of the builds you mentioned use 2handers. Or dual-wield melee. When you want to use melee skills, there is no option other than stat sticks.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
No my argument is that the builds that use stat sticks for melee skills are barely serviceable with stat sticks as it is, nerfing them isn't going to do anything other than make them suck just as much or more than those same skills/builds do with 2handers currently, depending on how hard they nerf stat sticks.

If you're already playing a build that is gimped compared to the strong builds, why does it matter if you lose a tad more damage to use the weapon you want (2h)? You're already giving up the damage/end-game viability/whatever of the strong builds to play those other skills.

Which skills even use 1h + stat stick that could also be done with a 2h? The main melee skill I know of that uses a stat stick is blade flurry and you can't do that with a 2hand and I don't even know which other skills either use main-hand only or also limit weapon type so that stat sticks can work.

Edit: To try and explain it in a different way

Skill X does 1m shaper dps with 1h+stat stick, but only 800k dps with 2h. But Skill Y is meta and does 25m dps and can facetank everything in the game. If you're already choosing to play skill X why does the fact that it has slightly more dps with a stat stick matter so much? Not to mention all the different passive paths you can take to change up builds and min-max...

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is there one of the bundles that provides the stash tabs and some armor set to not look like a hobo?

I don't mind the hobo part I guess now that I think about it.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Stash tabs are never in bundles, but bundles usually have points you can use on stash tabs. The tabs themselves usually go on sale every 3rd week if you want to stretch your points out.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The only art I’m super disappointed in (besides no pants on my Templar) are shields. Every single one looks like it was just dug out of a Halloween City or someone glued the handle on the back of a wooden table top or wall hanging from Kirkland’s.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Is there one of the bundles that provides the stash tabs and some armor set to not look like a hobo?

I don't mind the hobo part I guess now that I think about it.

Supporter packs come with points for the store. If you are going to buy any stash tabs, imo you should be a supporter pack to get some MTX on the side. Seeker pack is pretty decent and not as over the top as most of the supporter pack armors. It already clocks in at around $60 I think but keep in mind you get that value in points on top.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My only concern with the thicc jugg was lack of dps, seems like he fixed it somewhat with this update.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I think the old version used Cleave and was pretty terrible dps even by lab standards. Reave for clear and BF for bosses should be much better.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Are there any good starters for one-click wonders or "auto" killers like RF? I enjoy using PoE as a game to put on music and "chill" with. I haven't really played since the first two weeks of Incursion, so I'm a bit behind on the meta.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Blade Vortex - Get some increased duration, stack 10 charges and run around collecting loot. Its great for leveling too.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are there any good starters for one-click wonders or "auto" killers like RF? I enjoy using PoE as a game to put on music and "chill" with. I haven't really played since the first two weeks of Incursion, so I'm a bit behind on the meta.

CoC arc is pretty good one step wonder.