Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Depends on build, and also you can roll the absolute worst mods ever on them once elder guardians are there to replace the normal ones. I was mostly talking about running elder maps and guardian maps being an inconvenience because they are bad xp no matter what you do though. I only run guardians when I absolutely have to.
I meant map returns.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Dumb question since I’m just now seeing chisels etc at 60. If you die in map, it’s done?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Dumb question since I’m just now seeing chisels etc at 60. If you die in map, it’s done?

You get 6 portals per map, 1 is used when entering. Of course this is on Scrubcore. It only takes 4 chisels to max/20% a white map and then normally you roll whatever you are looking for. There is really no reason to do this to maps before like level 80+.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm

No, you just go back to your hideout and have to portal back in. So between dying and porting out you have a limited amount of times to do it before that instance of a map is lost to you.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm mostly talking about t15-16s, also partly t14s but not anywhere near the t15-16 issue. I do not find it enjoyable to put 500 hours into a league and be stuck farming t12 maps because "lol endgame is supposed to be rare" or spending 75 hours grinding maps and praying I get 8 t16s so I can do an uber elder attempt but then only getting 4 of them anyways and having to start over at t12s for another 75 hours because I got no drops above that.

Also, spending 20c on a map and then 10c+ rolling it and then 5c on a zana mod and 10c+ on sextants and getting 2c of drops from it and no maps isn't my idea of sustaining maps, especially when I already have to spend like 1000c to fill out my atlas every league anyways.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm mostly talking about t15-16s, also partly t14s but not anywhere near the t15-16 issue. I do not find it enjoyable to put 500 hours into a league and be stuck farming t12 maps because "lol endgame is supposed to be rare" or spending 75 hours grinding maps and praying I get 8 t16s so I can do an uber elder attempt but then only getting 4 of them anyways and having to start over at t12s for another 75 hours because I got no drops above that.

Also, spending 20c on a map and then 10c+ rolling it and then 5c on a zana mod and 10c+ on sextants and getting 2c of drops from it and no maps isn't my idea of sustaining maps, especially when I already have to spend like 1000c to fill out my atlas every league anyways.

500 + 75 hours...... I had 130 hours played last league hitting 100 and made 4 mirrors, you're either exaggerating or just dont understand the end game.

That owns our build from last league that we used on streamers, this man is a god.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I meant map returns.
Oh, well like I said I don't actually run guardian maps unless it's in preparation for shaper or uber elder.

you didn't scrub the guardian maps from your atlas to remove them from your drop pool?
Uber elder, plus my goal was completing every single map this league since I'd never actually bothered before and was playing a build that trivializes everything. Still need to do Perandus Manor before it ends, but I was planning to come back and get a couple more challenges done anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I don't go for 100, I have no desire to ever grind it out, I think the highest I ever got a char was 94 but maybe it was only 93. I also have no desire to make mirrors or save up 5000 exalts to link my stack in chats so I don't see how either of those points are relevant to anything. I used to be able to sustain high tier maps just fine, and that includes leagues before harbinger before the orbs get thrown out as the reason for it.

Let me try to put it another way. I can't think of anyone in this thread who wasn't upset with sulphite costs for delves and how they had to grind a bunch of maps just to keep delving... Why is it ok to be upset about needing to grind that act 9 zone or a bunch of low-tier maps to be able to do a delve but it's not ok to be upset about having to grind a bunch low-tier maps to do a high-tier map?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
500 + 75 hours...... I had 130 hours played last league hitting 100 and made 4 mirrors, you're either exaggerating or just dont understand the end game.

That owns our build from last league that we used on streamers, this man is a god.
Used on streamers...as in fooled them into thinking it was a good build?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Is the early game in this just really hard to get into or is it just me? I keep hearing that the end game is great, but making it through the first few acts has been a slog.
The start is kinda wonky, but honestly I think they streamlined the experience rahter well over the years. It's still a Diablo, you need to get resists, but most of the new skills absolutely break the game while levelling.

Caliane

If you dont like it early, you probably wont like it. /shrug.

you just need to grow as a gamer. (not even joking really.) its pretty common to see, "I played this awhile ago. didnt like it much. started it back up, now I have 2000hours played"

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Bit more rarity means it's fine to kill uber elder in 2 minutes blind? The flask is already 20ex or whatever, making the pens cost 2-5ex each instead of <1 isn't going to change much...