Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've been mulling over Eldritch Battery. I don't see really see the point of EB without MoM because then you're just sitting on a giant mana pool. And with MoM, you need a quick way to regenerate your ES. So, following that logic, I can only see EB working with Tinkerskin or Devouring Diadem. What am I missing about this keystone?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I'll be starting mapping for the first time tonight, and I'm kind of overwhelmed with what I should actually be looting. Currency and maps obviously, uniques depending on what they are.. but as far as rares go, what sort of stuff should I be looking for? What mods are people really after (multiple resists, but what for damage?)? I know what my own class is looking for but that's about it.

I'm basically just going to wing it, but I find myself vendoring a lot of items and probably should not be doing that..

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just get filterblade. Amulets and rings for the chaos recipe (or yourself) are what I focus on if I’ve already traded for decent stuff for all other slots.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Whats the deal with the bots? Was in town and saw about 20 level 40's that all looked similar with names like awsesqceqw all running around on what looked like scripted paths.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
yeah. 3.5k life is average/low for starting maps. my conc path scion at level 71, has 4.4k life with a belly of the beast. I can ZZZ through t1-3 maps so far with ease. hp spikes vs syndicate only. A metric shitton of life regen..

10k dps is very low. I dont remember if cyclone list accurate dps. I'm at like 30k list.. but conc path also has that 40% more. so im not sure actual... AND I run around with a small army of minions. 2 golems, 4 essentials, holy relic, Vaal warchief totems. ha.

Did you link a character, or path of building?

View Profile - Path of Exile - Casia

Path of building pastebin

I haven't linked a character but apparently the devil is in the details. I haven't socketed gems that need to be socketed, golem, hatred, armor etc..I pretty much followed the passive tree, got the axe the build called for, linked up cyclone, tried to cap resists and started killing shit. The sunder guide I started over with was much better laid out and included all those fine details, levels to equip gems, which ones to use etc..Now moving through level 40 I am absolutely blowing through stuff I remember being tedious just days ago on my first go around. I'm learning a lot by just re leveling and following a guide that spells out "cast hatred then frost armor, activate bloodrage, grab golem at 38 etc.. all of the shit I pretty much was ignoring.All of the sudden boss fights take seconds. I don't think I've died yet, not counting the fucking lab trap.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I'll be starting mapping for the first time tonight, and I'm kind of overwhelmed with what I should actually be looting. Currency and maps obviously, uniques depending on what they are.. but as far as rares go, what sort of stuff should I be looking for? What mods are people really after (multiple resists, but what for damage?)? I know what my own class is looking for but that's about it.

I'm basically just going to wing it, but I find myself vendoring a lot of items and probably should not be doing that..
Pick up pretty much all uniques to vendor them even if they are garbage. Goes a long way towards sustaining alch & go mapping.

And no, even with a really strict loot filter about 95% of equippable gear I pick up gets vendored in the end. That's normal.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Lancing steel totem build... Toyed around on PoB, how stupid of an idea is this? Lol

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone try new syndicate? I've been keeping them in the research laboratory so I don't get one shot in T14/15s.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So, I'm almost ready to switch from a life-based Elementalist to a CI Occultist. At level 88, worth rerolling, or just spend the ~100 regrets? Never spent this many regrets at once this early in the league.

If you wouldn't play the elementalist again I'd just spend the regrets. Figure the time involved getting to 88 again vs currency you could make in that time as a level 88 and you should come out ahead just spending the regrets.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Err, you can't link totems to melee attacks? What's the Lancing Steel for?

To be fair, lancing steel does not say melee anywhere.
The issue is not "melee". its that Ranged attack totem, requires Bow or wand.
A small semantic issue. but technically the reason. same with Spectral throw of course.

trap support etc are the same. not "ranged attacks", but "attacks that use bows or wands."

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
Last Delve i managed to get to act 10, aroudn lvl 72 using smite with conc blow, Vaal summon skeletons, the minions that when i hit somethign i'd get 2-4 of them, and vitality, and managed to play like that, now i dunno if there was a faster/or better way of doing it, but i did sort of liek that build it reminded me of hammerdins from d2 in a odd way, is there something i could do better/similar to that? also im very bad with the talent tree, and other than finding a couple socket places, and either +life or + dmg, that what i did on it, also i was a templar.
in Short any positive feedback or build suggestions would be great, granted i'll only play PoE on 1-2hour stints at a time

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
To be fair, lancing steel does not say melee anywhere.
The issue is not "melee". its that Ranged attack totem, requires Bow or wand.
A small semantic issue. but technically the reason. same with Spectral throw of course.

trap support etc are the same. not "ranged attacks", but "attacks that use bows or wands."

Well fuck mm won't work. Lol

Lancing req melee weapon, totem req bow / wand.

Like me thinking I'll proc CoC with blade vortex... Lol