Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Been playing some tectonic slam. Feels like sunder and old earthquake had a baby. Amazing how similar multistrike can make skills feel.

How does a build like this sustain endurance charges on bosses? I was looking at dual wield because I hate movement skills with 2H but I might have to drop multistrike on bosses.

Other than jugg with the endurance charge when hit thing you probably can't in any realistic manner.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone playing Winter Orb? Looking for something to play next with really high boss dps and mostly braindead gameplay (i.e. one skill+one movement+maybe a Vaal like BV or RF), and I thought maybe WO with a couple heralds for clear would fit the bill. I still want to play Dancing Duo but the price on Command of the Pit isn't dropping fast enough even with the Delve fixes.

I saw an assassin crit based WO build that kills uber elder in ~2:30 but it wants Void Battery x2 and that's even worse than trying to get Pit gloves. I was thinking maybe elementalist or occultist would be able to something similar with more reasonable weapons.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a way to set a marker in a map, then port back to it later? Like if I find an exit to a new zone but haven't explored the entire current map, could place a marker at the exit, then run around exploring then port back?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No, the most you can do is drop a portal at the exit, then wander around back to the waypoint if there's one in that zone. Use the waypoint back to town then take the portal to where you left it.

Unless you have a good reason to wander around (alternate zone exit, still need waypoint, some quest item, etc.) it's almost always better to just move on.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There are several "endurance charge on ____" mods for different weapons from Shaper. On kill, on stun, on crit of the ones I remember. You could also stack power charges and blow them somehow (manual discharge?) with a Voll's Devotion. Seems like too much work. I went Jugg/Slayer Scion and it was pretty nice. It was my starter build, but honestly I think pure Jugg is just better in every way. Chieftan would be interesting too with full fire conversion, but you'd have to have shit enemies to burn for new endurance charges during boss fights.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There are several "endurance charge on ____" mods for different weapons from Shaper. On kill, on stun, on crit of the ones I remember. You could also stack power charges and blow them somehow (manual discharge?) with a Voll's Devotion. Seems like too much work. I went Jugg/Slayer Scion and it was pretty nice. It was my starter build, but honestly I think pure Jugg is just better in every way. Chieftan would be interesting too with full fire conversion, but you'd have to have shit enemies to burn for new endurance charges during boss fights.
Yeah, I think endurance charge on crit is for axes only. Unfortunately that's a shit base for crit and the chance is less than tectonic slam chance to spend.

I wonder why they kept the charge expenditure on every multistrike. Inconsistent with flicker strike.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Started levelling my new char today and dumped another 95 failed fusings into my occultist vestment tonight after some boots sold. Double strike with splash and ancestral call actually seems like it'll be fine for me to use as my general clear skill too and lacerate or something won't be a necessary supplement. Now I just hope i'm fine with how fast I can move via leap slam once I get to maps.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anyone playing Winter Orb? Looking for something to play next with really high boss dps and mostly braindead gameplay (i.e. one skill+one movement+maybe a Vaal like BV or RF), and I thought maybe WO with a couple heralds for clear would fit the bill. I still want to play Dancing Duo but the price on Command of the Pit isn't dropping fast enough even with the Delve fixes.

I saw an assassin crit based WO build that kills uber elder in ~2:30 but it wants Void Battery x2 and that's even worse than trying to get Pit gloves. I was thinking maybe elementalist or occultist would be able to something similar with more reasonable weapons.

Let me know if you come up with something. I'm also looking for a mostly "brain-dead" build to play, as PoE is something I tend to like to just listen to music and chill to. Lightning traps were my starter and it isn't bad, but I really dislike the "feel" of traps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I need a super clearing build with a budget of about 10-15ex, I've almost got my jugg where I want him as strictly a boss killer but still not very good at clearing. I want something that hard core clears. The Winters Orb intrigues me. Any feedback on that juice?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I need a super clearing build with a budget of about 10-15ex, I've almost got my jugg where I want him as strictly a boss killer but still not very good at clearing. I want something that hard core clears. The Winters Orb intrigues me. Any feedback on that juice?

Blade Vortex. Elementalist, Occulist, Inquisitor, Chieftan, etc. They're amazing. I'm leveling a Chieftan BV char right now and he's super meaty with major life regen and pretty good damage (500k) with marginal gear. Still using a tabula and I've got 5300hp.

Elementalist BV is the ultimate quick clear though. Especially with Inpulsas.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Anyone know if "50% chance to shock attackers for 4 seconds on block" on shields is a guaranteed shock and thus will shock stuff like elder/shaper or how does it work?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone know if "50% chance to shock attackers for 4 seconds on block" on shields is a guaranteed shock and thus will shock stuff like elder/shaper or how does it work?
All shocks are "guaranteed" now, but the % damage increase is based on the damage you do versus the life of the monster, so in this case it'd probably shock for 1%. If you have shock conditionals though it's still fine.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oh, just looked shock up on the wiki to see if it said anything and it says: Other non-hit sources of shock, unless otherwise specified in the debuff, will increase damage taken by 20%. so I'm gonna guess this would apply with that. If that's true then I think I got a steal on the shield I bought earlier for 25c heh.

Even better, I just logged into the game and apparently it even says it on the mod list on the shields (when you have the advanced thing on that shows tiers) underneath the mod... Now I feel stupid.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
able to just throw on tectonic slam? clears like a boss.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So dicking around I managed to 6socket 6link 2 Soul Mantles. Any new players to PoE doing totems and need one? Soul Mantle. Imagine that's still a $ totem chest.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So dicking around I managed to 6socket 6link 2 Soul Mantles. Any new players to PoE doing totems and need one? Soul Mantle. Imagine that's still a $ totem chest.
ThTs like 3-4ex minimum I think per. Not bad

Pretty slow right now. Just about to hit 80 comfortably farming lower maps. Most of my shit is in place, just need a lot more life