Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

dizzie

Triggered Happy
PoE does a very poor job of telling you to slow the fuck down and farm some maps. If you graphed it out, you'd see this weird double step graph where monster and player power level are zig zagging each other. Syndicate make monster power level even spikier.

I bought a Vitality LoH gem last night and the difference is quite palpable. Swear to god, they should just subtext all melee abilities with "only if you can play at range or abuse LoH". If you can't, your ceiling is much lower than classic ranged builds or your margins are much tighter. Mathil put out a build last night to address the melee complaints but uses dual Bloodseekers.

There's a reason old VP was so popular. And while they were right to nerf it, I believe they haven't truly dealt with the problem and have only covered it up with power creep.

This is my problem i want to level fast so I hit red maps too soon and then when i'm in red maps I have this uncontrollable habit of corrupting and playing them with some dodgy mods as I want huge pack size/unidentified. If you play it safe it can get super boring though. I should just take my time, enjoy the view, sextant all my stuff and work out a shaped plan, but I don't have time for that as it's too bloody complex for a lot of of players to work out and you have to factor in all the other stuff.

You're your own worst enemy in this game and I kinda admire the control people have to hit 100 sometimes as it's must get really tedious if you legit do it - specially in HC or SSF.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The sad thing is, except for some really bad map rolls that I should have just rerolled, I can mostly steamroll the maps I'm doing (up to tier 8/9), because all it takes is some trash at the beginning for me to generate a bunch of dudes and then I just run around and let them kill shit, occasionally refreshing them. My weapon makes them even more awesome, because it has the all skills supported by multistrike and ancestral calling mods. I don't think ancestral works with them, but they for sure get multistrike, and I have a melee splash support too that they get, so they just mow through mobs and even named for me. But when I have to start from scratch (Incursion, for example), and if I can't kill some trash myself with my low dps, I'm fucked. And the motherfucking Syndicate faggots beeline/jump smash/teleport straight to me even if I intentionally let all my dudes AND a full level 20 vaal skeletons (that I put on a ring for kicks) loose on them before I even did anything but beat the fucking door down. Most everything else focuses on my minions if I don't aggro first, but not those fucks.

Right now I'm really doing nothing BUT farming for xp/gear/currency, and I still die enough that the xp part is rough, and I'm not high enough in map tier, apparently, to get any drops really worth a shit. 99% of all the uniques I get are not only low level for some reason (req level, not ilvl), but shit tier as well. I did buy up gear that I needed to fix my resists and add more life, bought a belly of the beast too that was close to max rolls but just under (and thus much cheaper), etc. I know more money would make me even better, but meh, I still can't fight my way out of a wet paper bag if I'm stranded all alone when I zone in, and if a pack of blues is sitting there, I'm probably dead. It's just an inherent flaw of the build I think, and I don't have the gear or experience to counteract it.

I just feel like I'm spinning my wheels trying to get better, and it is getting boring/frustrating because I die just enough to erase most of my xp progress. And, it isn't the play style I think I want to play to endgame anyway. I've watched elder fights, and not that I think I'd even get to him this league, but I can't imagine running out of dudes during that fight and trying to make more while dodging all the shit I'm supposed to dodge.

TL;DR - So what is everyone's favorite jugg build that won't cost me a ton to get into? I am aware of the various league starter builds the popular YouTubers have put out, but I'm looking for people that are actually playing it. I've got 1 exalted that I just found last night, and about 100 chaos. I'd prefer not to spend all that for gear, but I can spend a decent chunk I guess. It isn't going to get me any uber gear I know, but something decent.

(Oh, and I see mention of shaping my atlas all the time. No fucking clue how that even works, and I feel I should know at least a little by now since that growing blob on my map is apparently related.)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quick question about Shaping map nodes with the Shaper Orbs. I used the t1 shaper orb on the t1 Channel map, and now it is t6. This should mean that anytime I run that node, even with a normal Channel map, it will be t6? Could you make it t11 by shaping it with the map device too?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The sad thing is, except for some really bad map rolls that I should have just rerolled, I can mostly steamroll the maps I'm doing (up to tier 8/9), because all it takes is some trash at the beginning for me to generate a bunch of dudes and then I just run around and let them kill shit, occasionally refreshing them. My weapon makes them even more awesome, because it has the all skills supported by multistrike and ancestral calling mods. I don't think ancestral works with them, but they for sure get multistrike, and I have a melee splash support too that they get, so they just mow through mobs and even named for me. But when I have to start from scratch (Incursion, for example), and if I can't kill some trash myself with my low dps, I'm fucked. And the motherfucking Syndicate faggots beeline/jump smash/teleport straight to me even if I intentionally let all my dudes AND a full level 20 vaal skeletons (that I put on a ring for kicks) loose on them before I even did anything but beat the fucking door down. Most everything else focuses on my minions if I don't aggro first, but not those fucks.

Right now I'm really doing nothing BUT farming for xp/gear/currency, and I still die enough that the xp part is rough, and I'm not high enough in map tier, apparently, to get any drops really worth a shit. 99% of all the uniques I get are not only low level for some reason (req level, not ilvl), but shit tier as well. I did buy up gear that I needed to fix my resists and add more life, bought a belly of the beast too that was close to max rolls but just under (and thus much cheaper), etc. I know more money would make me even better, but meh, I still can't fight my way out of a wet paper bag if I'm stranded all alone when I zone in, and if a pack of blues is sitting there, I'm probably dead. It's just an inherent flaw of the build I think, and I don't have the gear or experience to counteract it.

I just feel like I'm spinning my wheels trying to get better, and it is getting boring/frustrating because I die just enough to erase most of my xp progress. And, it isn't the play style I think I want to play to endgame anyway. I've watched elder fights, and not that I think I'd even get to him this league, but I can't imagine running out of dudes during that fight and trying to make more while dodging all the shit I'm supposed to dodge.

TL;DR - So what is everyone's favorite jugg build that won't cost me a ton to get into? I am aware of the various league starter builds the popular YouTubers have put out, but I'm looking for people that are actually playing it. I've got 1 exalted that I just found last night, and about 100 chaos. I'd prefer not to spend all that for gear, but I can spend a decent chunk I guess. It isn't going to get me any uber gear I know, but something decent.

(Oh, and I see mention of shaping my atlas all the time. No fucking clue how that even works, and I feel I should know at least a little by now since that growing blob on my map is apparently related.)

When i was thinking about minion builds i read about how spazzy they can be, apparently you can move zombies/skellies onto a target with charged dash (channelling movement skill) with the scopoid creature you can force target using a bow etc and it just royally wrecks whatever you target. I'm no expert on zombies but the scorpoid for sure went to whatever i used my bow on. Maybe a knowledgeable summoner can chip in.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
When i was thinking about minion builds i read about how spazzy they can be, apparently you can move zombies/skellies onto a target with charged dash (channelling movement skill) with the scopoid creature you can force target using a bow etc and it just royally wrecks whatever you target. I'm no expert on zombies but the scorpoid for sure went to whatever i used my bow on. Maybe a knowledgeable summoner can chip in.
Directing them isn't my problem so much, because there are a shitload of them. My problem is, I don't summon them whenever I want, nor are they persistent. They all require me to hit (Heralds) and kill (DomBlow) mobs to summon temporary minions. So if there isn't anything quick and easy for me to kill at the start, and it is a high damage scenario, all that damage is coming to me while I'm trying to generate minions, and sometimes I just don't live long enough to do that, whether it be lack of dps to kill or lack of tankiness to survive until I do kill. I can often get around that by purposely jumping straight into the boss area in maps/safehouses with a shitload of minions generated from the trash outside, giving me 20 seconds before they poof, so they run in and start doing work and taking hits while I ease up and start generating more. But if it is something I jump into with zero minions (stone golem doesn't count, with my low dex he dies fairly quickly, he's mainly there for regen), you see how that might go. So it is a minion build, but not as flexible as other minion builds. It works great when it is doing what it is supposed to though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Eh, did red elder tonight, shaper died. My char just doesn't have enough aoe to clear the 3rd and 4th portal phases without shaper getting shot every couple seconds by new spawns. Time to take a break for a month I think.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Quick question about Shaping map nodes with the Shaper Orbs. I used the t1 shaper orb on the t1 Channel map, and now it is t6. This should mean that anytime I run that node, even with a normal Channel map, it will be t6? Could you make it t11 by shaping it with the map device too?

So now when channel maps drop for you, they'll be labeled shaped channels and be a t6. Old normal channels will still be t1. The only thing I'm not certain on is if you can do that in the map device but I really doubt you can shape a shaped.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zana mod should work on them, I think. I've never really tried tho cause that mod is way too expensive for me to bother.

I'm almost 100% sure they don't. I'm pretty sure I tried it this league. I was bummed because I had like a bunch of shaped Waste Pools saved I wanted to zana shape.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Zana mod for shaping does not count as that shaped map node on the atlas no. If it's supposed to it is definitely broken currently.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fuckin good day today boys

chest.PNG

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Directing them isn't my problem so much, because there are a shitload of them. My problem is, I don't summon them whenever I want, nor are they persistent. They all require me to hit (Heralds) and kill (DomBlow) mobs to summon temporary minions. So if there isn't anything quick and easy for me to kill at the start, and it is a high damage scenario, all that damage is coming to me while I'm trying to generate minions, and sometimes I just don't live long enough to do that, whether it be lack of dps to kill or lack of tankiness to survive until I do kill. I can often get around that by purposely jumping straight into the boss area in maps/safehouses with a shitload of minions generated from the trash outside, giving me 20 seconds before they poof, so they run in and start doing work and taking hits while I ease up and start generating more. But if it is something I jump into with zero minions (stone golem doesn't count, with my low dex he dies fairly quickly, he's mainly there for regen), you see how that might go. So it is a minion build, but not as flexible as other minion builds. It works great when it is doing what it is supposed to though.
Ran into similar limitations last League. I felt I could easily get rocked by a t8 boss that didn’t spawn a lot of adds but then destroy t11+ that did.

I was dom blow + HoP guardian on that guy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Fuck, now I'm convincing myself to make a jugg. I was gonna wait until next league, but that could be months away. I am slowly starting to dislike this playstyle, and am pretty sure jugg would tickle my fancy more. And what else am I gonna do with all this shit I've hoarded?! Most of it doesn't sell anyway.

Jugg is fun, lots of playstyles. I made a video of mine which is considered to be a really good boss killer which I went with for obvious reasons, you can get an idea of the ease of syndicate (though one escaped because I didnt catch it), and boss killing. I'm not even good at this game really. Not such a good map clearer but as long as there's less than 50 in the map I'm good. It certainly has its weak points though. I really like leap slam though sometimes it makes for harder positioning, but it's fun to hop around the map everywhere and things like cliffs and ledges you dont have to walk around, just leap up (I believe flame dash can do the same thing). Elemental damage is rape face, even with capped resists.

If this looks fun to you, my build is here (JuggBunnyy):

View Profile - Path of Exile - RexieRabbit

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

Thoughts?

(Been swapping out Freezing pulse, Glacial Cascade, and some other random things I've been trying . . . havent found a 3rd CoC spell I really love yet. Frostbolt / Ice Nova are mostly mandatory as far as I know.)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's a good rough draft, but I hope you really aren't playing a melee character at level 84 with 3600 HP and no helmet. There are some easy passive pathing inefficiencies you could fix too.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Jugg is fun, lots of playstyles. I made a video of mine which is considered to be a really good boss killer which I went with for obvious reasons, you can get an idea of the ease of syndicate (though one escaped because I didnt catch it), and boss killing. I'm not even good at this game really. Not such a good map clearer but as long as there's less than 50 in the map I'm good. It certainly has its weak points though. I really like leap slam though sometimes it makes for harder positioning, but it's fun to hop around the map everywhere and things like cliffs and ledges you dont have to walk around, just leap up (I believe flame dash can do the same thing). Elemental damage is rape face, even with capped resists.

If this looks fun to you, my build is here (JuggBunnyy):

View Profile - Path of Exile - RexieRabbit
Awesome, thanks man! I'll definitely check it out. If you talk during it, I will have to watch it at home, but I'm gonna watch it without sound after this post. Are there any items you're really hoping for that would complement your build? A "perfect gear" type scenario? Or is it pretty much perfect the way you have it?

I didn't realize I made it to 87 on my first build, so I'll chalk that up as a success, even though I definitely stalled out eventually. I could have been a couple levels higher if I didn't die so many fucking times.

I went ahead and started with the Engineering Eternity Thicc Jugg build, but as with the last one I will probably tweak a few things around. In his build, he says you can choose from any number of main skills, and I used Vaal Reave for most of the first 20 levels because you don't see a ton of builds with Reave (probably for good reason, as I found out) and I wanted to give it a try (and it sounds way cooler than many other skills), but I missed melee splash far, far too much. There would be little fucking monkeys and shit hidden by my character, hitting me, and I couldn't even fucking see them or easily keep them killed. Even mobs that I felt should be hit by the arc of Reave would just be completely missed, and I spent far more mana than I needed to just clearing all the shit around me. So I switched to Vaal Double Strike w/ splash, and life is good again. I don't know how anyone can play a build that doesn't do at least a little bit of ae damage, whether it is molten balls or a melee splash gem or whatever. Maybe it weakens the build slightly, but my sanity matters more! (And I know Leap Slam does ae, but see below.)

I used Leap Slam on the last build, and am using it here because not only is it part of his build, but I'm used to using it. I'm honestly not a fan of hopping around maps constantly (whether with LS or any other similar skill), but I see the reason people use all that stuff after their 10th build, so I'm gonna keep practicing it. I'd also like to implement Phase Run, with possibly CWDT to keep it up, because Delving, but we'll see about that I guess. I've never actually used it!

At least I finally found a use for all those shitty, shitty uniques I kept getting on my first character! Twinking can be fun!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Leap Slam needs a LOT of attack speed to feel good. I prefer close to 0.33s use time before the jerkiness of the start of the animation becomes fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Welp, this was my earliest exit from a league since 2015 or so. Even earlier than Bestiary. I didn't stop playing PoE, don't be silly, I moved to Standard to finish leveling my PP build to 90 and fill out my now reset Atlas. And deal with 2 full tabs of "old" map inventory.

I may go back to the league here and there, but as far as the mechanic goes, I am over it. I locked them in their Lab to get a character to 90 (and another to 87 that I got bored of before 90). I then took them out of the lab and started running Ossuary to get to at least one final Boss fight. At that point I realized the senselessness of running the league mechanic in a low level area instead of while I was actually mapping at my level, and decided the league mechanic was a done deal for me.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea leap slam will feel mostly like shit until you have it properly supported by level 20 faster attacks with quality, and good attack speed base otherwise.