Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
425pdps I'm sure you can still sell it for a couple ex (my axe with 450pdps sold for 2ex fairly easily) but it's not gonna compete with the 450pdps foils with 7+ crit chance and multi from implicit and maybe suffix roll too.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Who knows about physical swords? I had this thing drop this way and it looks good enough to compete with those multimod foils everyone was making, but I don't know how big of a knock it is to be on this base vs a foil?

View attachment 189373

That used to be the 2nd best base (after foils) for crit builds if they don't use Lycosidae, BUT cannot be evaded mod has ruined that. Still if some one is cheap or something that's the best raw accuracy base. I'm assuming that's 3 prefixes (raw phys, phys %, phys % and bleeding) then IAS and your quality mod. You could theoretically scour and use a double veil hideout on it to get some big shit. And also 28% qual it with Hillock. Overall a very decent sword.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That used to be the 2nd best base (after foils) for crit builds if they don't use Lycosidae, BUT cannot be evaded mod has ruined that. Still if some one is cheap or something that's the best raw accuracy base. I'm assuming that's 3 prefixes (raw phys, phys %, phys % and bleeding) then IAS and your quality mod. You could theoretically scour and use a double veil hideout on it to get some big shit. And also 28% qual it with Hillock. Overall a very decent sword.

Oooooh double veiled bench is pretty spicy sounding. I probably used up all my luck on the raw affixes on this though and veiled mods will be doody, but man that is tempting.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's not 3 prefix. Afaik there is no "phys % + 30% damage with bleeding" mod and I don't think items can even roll the new craftable hybrid things unless it shows up as a veil on it. Looks like t1 phys%, t3 or t4 flat phys (since they overlap), t2 bleeding damage (dead suffix IMO) and t3 aspd. Double veil thing might be worth it, never seen one of those in my safehouses, but not sure what all you can hit with veiled mods on it. Should be 1 prefix 1 suffix open on it unless something very weird is going on with the affixes.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Totally forgot about the ex shard recipe. And based on how much shaper and elder jewelry is listed at 1c, I’m guessing many others have too haha.
It’s easy enuf to get a full set of gear minus the belt, amulet and rings. So spend 4-5 chaos getting those, and u get 2 ex shards which based on current ridiculous ex prices is like almost 20 chaos.
I don’t think I could get myself to do the Un-id turn in. I’ve made too much currency on random shaper/ elder items that dropped with amazing mods to take that risk

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Tried winter orb and it just felt really clunky to map with and a decent build seems quite expensive right now, the bossing wasn't great either. Fair do's though im not buying an inpulsa's to try it out - but I did on occultist as they blow up bodies anyway so ran it on that to get a feel for it in early maps.

Doing this build: Forum - Shadow - [3.5] Lewd's Cold Hard CoC Build Guide [Frostbolt/Ice Nova] 2.3M+ Shaper DPS Tanky - Path of Exile

It's fantastic for the gear needed, you can wreck red maps with a 1c claw and a tabula. Really gets mental once you get a cospri's and start dual wielding, balls all over the screen nova's just perm flying off. I think it's faster than winter orb, you can clear an entire map in a couple mins (that's fast for me as i'm pretty slow normally). Super fun, I love this build .

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Question about Glacial Cascade: how reliable is it for the target to be hit 3 times? Or is 2 the max anyway? I'm doing a flicker strike CoC and I'm thinking being in melee range might limit it to two hits per cast.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well, i'm getting close to giving up on my discharge char. Just not survivable enough, especially for higher tier maps or hard hitting/fast mobs (even if I can survive a few hits, fast mobs basically stop me from being able to cast since discharge casts so slow). Am level 85 at the moment and was planning on putting my next 6 points into getting 3 more jewel sockets unlocked but i'm probably going to have to scrap that and pick up the avoid interruption nodes. Sadly that means my damage won't end up anywhere near where I wanted it and it will still leave me with the survivability issue of leech without a lot of rate mods being pretty garbage along with low end life numbers. Right now with all my charges up and no flasks I have about 430k tooltip.

One other complaint, i'm not sure if it's lag or desync or what but sometimes my discharge seems to do zero or almost zero damage, even if I have full charges and have hit the mob already (without either of us moving away from each other so it shouldn't be out of range suddenly). It's not due to a lack of charges because I've seen it many times while I have a bunch of charges up.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think I’m about to move on from Frostferno and Chin Sol and grab a + 3 bow and Starkonja with the Ele Hit enchant. Those starter items got me to about 500k dps. I can kill guardians but I have to be damn near perfect so I need some space since I’m rarely perfect. Surprisingly looks like 3-4 ex will push me up to 1.3M.

Also, this build holds true to exploding against some bosses with so much evasion reliance.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Considering trying out a screen clearing build now that I have some exalts to burn. The double strike champ is great but I’m at a gear point where I need to spend exalts on jewels or crazy corruptions to squeeze more out of it. Ideally something that blitzes maps, I don’t really care about bosses, the champion can take care of all that. I’m pretty satisfied with the current character but I’ve got some real envy of the people I join groups with who just fucking plow through maps, killing the whole screen as they go. Would makes delves less annoying too, I have to whirling boards constantly from mob to mob when I could be ae’ing everything’s face off.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I think Storm Brand is a great map clearing with decent gear, and can handle all bosses with good gear so long as you can dodge well. Bear in mind that its not totally full screen, but it's pretty fucking close, as it works similar to ED/Contagion where the brands just automatically move to the next pack.

Also, got my headhunter last night just before bed. So now its fucking bonkers.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bear in mind that its not totally full screen

Like I was saying the other day, it would be full screen/offscreen with Inpulsa and Herald of Ice. Probably multiple screens with 3 Dragons too, assuming sufficient density on the map roll.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Question about Glacial Cascade: how reliable is it for the target to be hit 3 times? Or is 2 the max anyway? I'm doing a flicker strike CoC and I'm thinking being in melee range might limit it to two hits per cast.

Also thinking about flicker CoC for the luls. Cept with like shock nova, inpulsa, phys to lightning, lightning impresence... that kind of shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also thinking about flicker CoC for the luls. Cept with like shock nova, inpulsa, phys to lightning, lightning impresence... that kind of shit.
It can be fun but also frustrating. Having to rip start your flicker with a bleed is fucking annoying to almost deadly. Out the main ways to trigger CoC, none of them are satisfying overall and have glaring flaws. I'd probably go with blade flurry is there was a more screen clearing method.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Cam someone just give me a layman's on coc?

if i have 100 crit chance - it's maxed, can can only be enhanced by multi etc? How much crit do you need? Do the mobs have an avoidance calculation or something.

And how does accuracy factor in?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Like I was saying the other day, it would be full screen/offscreen with Inpulsa and Herald of Ice. Probably multiple screens with 3 Dragons too, assuming sufficient density on the map roll.

I mean, I can try an inpulsas. I just can't see it being that big of a difference, but I'll certainly try it at this point I've obtained all the major things I wanted this league, so at this point I'm more in fun mode (level 100, etc).

Also when I say its not full screen I just mean on the immediate hits. If I let the brand keep moving and I stay still, it will certainly get the monsters off screen. It just doesn't blow them up in a single hit. If inpulsas does that then awesome :D. But the guy that made the build has accomplished almost everything and he runs either carcass jack or (for some reason) loreweave. I think his loreweave has +2 on gem corruption though so that's prolly why.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that's what Inpulsa combined with Herald of Ice does. Last season when I'd do EUGS with BV it would clear all the way down the side passages and I wouldn't have to bother running down them unless something triggered my loot filter. Storm Brand should be basically the same, only difference is that instead of 5-10% on the explosion roll you're stuck with just 5% now, and obviously they went full retard and made Inpulsa ungodly rare. I got 5 of the damn things in Delve.

My plan this league was to stick a 4L HoI/Cold to Fire/Ice Bite/Innervate setup in a Three Dragons that has 18% Storm Brand chain chance and use it as a swap helmet for clearing, and have a second one with Storm Brand pen and gems suited to bossing in it. Just to see how ridiculous I could make the clear speed, since boss farming doesn't really hold much interest for me.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
This is my first PoE season and I'm having a lot of fun with a blade flurry build, smashing low level maps at the moment with a couple of friends.. my damage is extremely good but survivability may be a problem. I'm not sure how much more survivable I can make my guy since im 80 and my passive tree is almost finished life wise.. I've already got +60-70 life on every slot and I'm at 5khp. Overcapped resists.. I don't die in low level maps except when I do something stupid, but I've noticed some things do hit me really hard so if I get to actual high end content I may be in for a world of pain. Standing in melee is just risky business.

I got a bit lucky and got Might of the Meek from the bestiary which I sold for 140c so I could buy myself some decent gear, but it looks like to get any real decent upgrades I need to spend multi x per slot now.

This build is really fun to play since it's so mobile and high damage (so far anyway).. whirling blades -> flurry -> whirling blades -> flurry (repeat)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is my first PoE season and I'm having a lot of fun with a blade flurry build, smashing low level maps at the moment with a couple of friends.. my damage is extremely good but survivability may be a problem. I'm not sure how much more survivable I can make my guy since im 80 and my passive tree is almost finished life wise.. I've already got +60-70 life on every slot and I'm at 5khp. Overcapped resists.. I don't die in low level maps except when I do something stupid, but I've noticed some things do hit me really hard so if I get to actual high end content I may be in for a world of pain. Standing in melee is just risky business.

I got a bit lucky and got Might of the Meek from the bestiary which I sold for 140c so I could buy myself some decent gear, but it looks like to get any real decent upgrades I need to spend multi x per slot now.

This build is really fun to play since it's so mobile and high damage (so far anyway).. whirling blades -> flurry -> whirling blades -> flurry (repeat)
Using the Exalt recipe you can make 2ex for around 5-7c just by buying Shaper gear from people. Its silly.