Path of Exile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cam someone just give me a layman's on coc?

if i have 100 crit chance - it's maxed, can can only be enhanced by multi etc? How much crit do you need? Do the mobs have an avoidance calculation or something.

And how does accuracy factor in?

You roll accuracy to see if you hit. If you hit, you then roll if you would crit, but also make a second accuracy roll. If you fail your second accuracy roll you don't crit. That's why so many coc builds use lycosidae/cannot evade mod, it's super powerful for coc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I think Storm Brand is a great map clearing with decent gear, and can handle all bosses with good gear so long as you can dodge well. Bear in mind that its not totally full screen, but it's pretty fucking close, as it works similar to ED/Contagion where the brands just automatically move to the next pack.

Also, got my headhunter last night just before bed. So now its fucking bonkers.

I’ll have to dig a little more to figure out wtf is up with this build. I read a bit, watched a video and still don’t quite understand it. Probably makes more sense as you play it but the whole summon, recall, interaction is not intuitive to me having never used a mechanic like that. I am shit at dodging, mostly because I play a face tank build and I didn’t care if I died, but I’ve gotten a lot better at it now that exp loss is an issue. Even so I’d trade crazy clearspeed for skipping bosses.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I’ll have to dig a little more to figure out wtf is up with this build. I read a bit, watched a video and still don’t quite understand it. Probably makes more sense as you play it but the whole summon, recall, interaction is not intuitive to me having never used a mechanic like that. I am shit at dodging, mostly because I play a face tank build and I didn’t care if I died, but I’ve gotten a lot better at it now that exp loss is an issue. Even so I’d trade crazy clearspeed for skipping bosses.

There's several ways to play it. Think of the brands as pets, basically. And you can summon them to your location immediately, and they can attack a mob within X range of where they are, and when that mob dies they can move to another mob within that same X range. With the right skills, you can have 2 brands attached to one enemy.

So what I do is summon 5 brands, and run around, and once I get to a pack, recall them. I don't stop running around, because by the time I get to the next pack, the previous one is already dead. I continue to recall them until they are about to expire, or are starting to expire, and then I have to stop a second to summon 5 again, and go.

Other people will summon one brand on a pack, recall and keep moving. That removes the need of the longer delay when you summon out all 5 brands, but it causes you to have to stop for a short time between each pack as the summon has a cast time, but recall is instant. I find it easier, personally, to just summon all 5 at once and chain recall.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Other people will summon one brand on a pack, recall and keep moving. That removes the need of the longer delay when you summon out all 5 brands, but it causes you to have to stop for a short time between each pack as the summon has a cast time, but recall is instant.

Thats what i do, you stopping to summon 5 of em every so often triggered me :d

anyway

I played this game for a few weeks back when there were only 3 acts, got to level 60. Tried it again right before new year. It's alot better than it was, or atleast my character/skill choice is better now. Went with storm brand, it seemed like it would work on any budget because it was played during some ssf race to 85 on twitch, i'm. On T12-13 maps now, not because its hard clearing maps with the gear i have @ level 93, everything melts (vaal storm call syndicate guys), i just need to build up my map catalogue.

I think ive been lucky tough, found 5 ex. Bought inpulsas (6 link after ~ 500 fuses) and a watchers eye. Got some inspiration from a youtube armageddon brand video that might have been linked here so im rocking a staff and devouring diadem, necromancer cirklet so its turned into a MoM +eldritch battery build. Got watchers eye with 23 ES on hit and 9% MoM (dont know if it stacks with normal MoM though cause PoB doesnt list it that i can see) because of the EB hat, wouldve liked the x% max mana to ES though but that was too expensive. Need more HP/ES to fight the harder bosses but thats getting hard for me, my idea for now is to get more resist jewels to focus more on HP/ES and less resist on my gear to make it affordable or dropping the staff for a shield with defensive stats like everyone else on poe ninja seem to do.

I dont wanna ramble so just gonna end it here.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thats what i do, you stopping to summon 5 of em every so often triggered me :d

anyway

I played this game for a few weeks back when there were only 3 acts, got to level 60. Tried it again right before new year. It's alot better than it was, or atleast my character/skill choice is better now. Went with storm brand, it seemed like it would work on any budget because it was played during some ssf race to 85 on twitch, i'm. On T12-13 maps now, not because its hard clearing maps with the gear i have @ level 93, everything melts (vaal storm call syndicate guys), i just need to build up my map catalogue.

I think ive been lucky tough, found 5 ex. Bought inpulsas (6 link after ~ 500 fuses) and a watchers eye. Got some inspiration from a youtube armageddon brand video that might have been linked here so im rocking a staff and devouring diadem, necromancer cirklet so its turned into a MoM +eldritch battery build. Got watchers eye with 23 ES on hit and 9% MoM (dont know if it stacks with normal MoM though cause PoB doesnt list it that i can see) because of the EB hat, wouldve liked the x% max mana to ES though but that was too expensive. Need more HP/ES to fight the harder bosses but thats getting hard for me, my idea for now is to get more resist jewels to focus more on HP/ES and less resist on my gear to make it affordable or dropping the staff for a shield with defensive stats like everyone else on poe ninja seem to do.

I dont wanna ramble so just gonna end it here.

Nice luck with 500 fusings for sure and yes the MoM stacks in normal MoM scenario so I would assume it does with EB. PoB can be weird with Watcher's eyes mods and some skills in general aside from that item.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I have fucking PTSD from fusing these days. First Loreweave took me ~600, tried to make another to throw in the temple super corrupt and I'm ~4k in to it now and just getting angry at it.

Now I need to make a Queen of the Forest and I'm not sure I can even make myself start on it for fearing of blowing another like 10ex worth of fusing on nothing.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm giving Tectonic Slam another try(dissatisfied with CoC trigger skills) and I'm trying to figure out why it's so common for people to support their main skill with Combustion instead Ancestral Warchief.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Man, I'm learning so many things about this game.

First character was Dominating Blow/Herald of Purity, and that was ok, but started to fall off when I had to go into a fight fresh and had no dudes summoned. Got to 87, I consider that a good intro to the game at least. Learned all kinds of stuff, and a few mechanics, so good times.

Made a second character that is a Vaal Double Strike Jugg, which it said specifically in the build that it was almost entirely built just to crush Uber Lab. And yesterday I finally did just that, it was pretty much a joke. Now I'm at level 85 and doing tier 9'ish maps...and I'm hitting the dps wall that it even told me in the build guide I'd eventually hit. I just didn't think it would be this sharp of a dropoff.

Syndicate fortifications appear, and it takes me literally 30 seconds just to break down the door, unless I burn some of my vaal skills. Which I do sometimes anyway, but I prefer to save them for the actual Syndicate dudes inside. I'm not dying outside while I beat on the door, so that's not an issue. I just can't burn shit down, even when I bust out every trick in the book. Again, I'm rarely ever in danger of dying, but after awhile I have started to dread fortifications, or research for that matter. If I have to save 3-4 research objects, I'm starting to fail those too just because I can't fucking kill everything fast enough. Again, rarely in danger of dying, but failing that bullshit, or taking forever to get into the fortifications, or the bosses with meaty hps that I know are further ahead in the atlas...meh, I don't see that being where I want to spend the rest of my time.

So I'm possibly looking at character #3!!

I think I want some auto-casting goodness. Is CoC the only way that is really accomplished, barring some of the gimmicky builds that melt your gpu? Oh, I suppose there are totems and brands, right? I don't know if that's the mechanic I'm looking for or not. I don't mind being involved somewhat, I just don't know enough about all the options available.

I don't want something that is too much of a glass cannon, but I want to blow up the whole fucking screen for a change. And annihilate Syndicate guys, bosses, etc. All without massive costs! I know, I know, everything costs. I've got about 100? chaos sitting around, and whatever stuff I've hoarded (I keep a LOT), so any suggestions? I know I'm being really vague here, sorry!

I realize not every build does everything perfectly too. But my first two were basically melee characters, I think it is time for some face melting with little effort! Plus, I want to spend as little time leveling as possible, after having just done it twice on my first league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
CoC is not the only way to autocast, but certainly the most popular and expensive atm. Poet's Pen is another option, as is Mjolner. After that, you get into gimmicky with varying degrees of viability. Note, that depending on your intent, gimmicky and viability are not inversely related as one would expect. There were some delve builds last patch that were extremely gimmicky and yet still very viable.

You should post your character, hitting a wall in T9 as Double Strike is quite weird. Single target is what the skill is for. You can force it to be okish at clearing, but busting down a door should be one of its strengths.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Almost 90 in SSF now and so stocked with maps, Delve and Incursion going to core make SSF so so much more enjoyable.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Can you see my characters via this link? View Profile - Path of Exile - Liege_Killer

It would be the JeekElemental character, not seeing how I can link just that character.

I do know that I could optimize the damage a bit more by replacing the melee splash gem, but I literally will slit my own wrists if I don't have that. And with stuff like the fortifications popping up randomly, I don't see myself going without it just in anticipation of them.

I also have the Fortify gem in there, which could be replaced, but I have a bunch of nodes that deal extra damage with fortify and I never leap slam around enough to keep it up constantly if it is tied to that. I'd love to 6L the thing and put my extra damage gem in, but I've gone through hundreds of fusings trying it. I'm even using my backup Belly since I keep trying to 6L the main one. (And I know I could buy a better chest, but I'm not rolling in cash.) I've even got the helm with 40% more double strike damage.

I also have multiple debuffs going on, which should make killing even faster, but like I said, the guide even told me it would be low on dps because it is mostly for tanking/sustain.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can you see my characters via this link? View Profile - Path of Exile - Liege_Killer

It would be the JeekElemental character, not seeing how I can link just that character.

I do know that I could optimize the damage a bit more by replacing the melee splash gem, but I literally will slit my own wrists if I don't have that. And with stuff like the fortifications popping up randomly, I don't see myself going without it just in anticipation of them.

I also have the Fortify gem in there, which could be replaced, but I have a bunch of nodes that deal extra damage with fortify and I never leap slam around enough to keep it up constantly if it is tied to that. I'd love to 6L the thing and put my extra damage gem in, but I've gone through hundreds of fusings trying it. I'm even using my backup Belly since I keep trying to 6L the main one. (And I know I could buy a better chest, but I'm not rolling in cash.) I've even got the helm with 40% more double strike damage.

I also have multiple debuffs going on, which should make killing even faster, but like I said, the guide even told me it would be low on dps because it is mostly for tanking/sustain.
Yes, I can see your characters.

• Why are you using 2 Ichimonji?
  • No murderous eye in your Tombfists means you're missing on out ~10% more damage.
  • You have to be the first Jugg I've ever seen that didn't take Undeniable. Please link this guide, it needs to be destroyed.
  • Faster attacks is not a good main-skill link 99% of the time. It and Fortify are costing you close to 2x damage because they are taking the spot of much more valuable links.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Arc totem should probably be nerfed to hell and back. Or other things buffed. I’ve spent maybe 100c on my heiro and he’s demolishing shit.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yes, I can see your characters.

• Why are you using 2 Ichimonji?
  • No murderous eye in your Tombfists means you're missing on out ~10% more damage.
  • You have to be the first Jugg I've ever seen that didn't take Undeniable. Please link this guide, it needs to be destroyed.
  • Faster attacks is not a good main-skill link 99% of the time. It and Fortify are costing you close to 2x damage because they are taking the spot of much more valuable links.
It's from Engineering Eternity. Here's the video:

And here is the build guide linked in the video, so you don't have to watch it.

25 - THICC JUGG Tank Mk. II - Script

Like I said, it is an uber lab farmer, so not built for dps at all, really.

1) The guide calls for Ichimonjis, so that's what I used. And they are cheap, so that helps.
2) I did have a murderous eye, but Belt of the Deceiver intimidates already, so I'd rather maim everything I hit with the Tombfists.
3) Guide told me to!
4) I'm sure you're right, I just don't know much better.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Honestly I think the build did what it was supposed to, which was get me up to a certain point in content without any real effort on my part, so that I could learn a bit more about the game in general.

I just feel like I'm ready to move on to something with a little more damage (and risk) this time around. I should probably do something like arc totems just to say I did it and experience that ease of clearing, but I'm not sure that is the style I want. It might be, I just don't know right now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's from Engineering Eternity. Here's the video:

And here is the build guide linked in the video, so you don't have to watch it.

25 - THICC JUGG Tank Mk. II - Script

Like I said, it is an uber lab farmer, so not built for dps at all, really.

1) The guide calls for Ichimonjis, so that's what I used. And they are cheap, so that helps.
2) I did have a murderous eye, but Belt of the Deceiver intimidates already, so I'd rather maim everything I hit with the Tombfists.
3) Guide told me to!
4) I'm sure you're right, I just don't know much better.
Ok, I'll admit I missed the intimidate on the belt, my bad. I haven't seen that belt used in a long time.

EE makes good builds, but that build really shouldn't be used outside of Lab farming. Some people enjoy lab farming, some people use it as a stepping stone to fund a more expensive build. Using that build to progress into red tier maps is a bad idea. Personally, I hate lab and the idea of farming it for currency would make me quit this game.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, I'll admit I missed the intimidate on the belt, my bad. I haven't seen that belt used in a long time.

EE makes good builds, but that build really shouldn't be used outside of Lab farming. Some people enjoy lab farming, some people use it as a stepping stone to fund a more expensive build. Using that build to progress into red tier maps is a bad idea. Personally, I hate lab and the idea of farming it for currency would make me quit this game.
I completely agree, but since I didn't know what was involved in doing some of the content like Lab, I went with that character to get me there.

Now I'm at the point where I realize it was super limited in what it could do, and I'm trying to move on rather than beat my head against the lack-of-dps wall.

EDIT: And thank you for even taking the time to look. I appreciate it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Made Scion over on SC betrayal for chiev hunting.

ItsWhateverYouWantKid

Already in a guild tho