Path of Exile

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I was really hopeful for this season as I found Betrayal to be pretty fucking blah (only lasted 2 weeks). But, after Bestiary, Delve, Betrayal, and now this league, I'm just over all the fucking crafting shit (probably my least favorite thing to do in ARPGs. I just want to kill shit and pickup loot). I'm craving more leagues like Incursion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thought I was the only one. Guess I'm really old school. I never really liked crafting. Always enjoyed killing shit and taking their stuff. Was hoping for some changes in the trade part.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Delve and Betrayal have improved crafting itself immensely. I crafted a pair of multimod spiked gloves in a half hour, turned around and sold them for 5ex later in the league.

The faggotry that remains is that beloved player interaction. Know you're going need ~2k alterations for that craft? The problem isn't the cost of 2k alterations, it's fucking acquiring them. Fossils and resonators are 10x worse because none of the components stack. This is largely why low-depth fossil farming is so lucrative. The real smart people don't even sell their fossils and instead craft with them, selling meta pieces.

It sucks that the market is propped up by this artificial barrier but I'm not really sure we want the alternative. Super cheap Delve crafts will crater the market.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Delve and Betrayal have improved crafting itself immensely. I crafted a pair of multimod spiked gloves in a half hour, turned around and sold them for 5ex later in the league.

The faggotry that remains is that beloved player interaction. Know you're going need ~2k alterations for that craft? The problem isn't the cost of 2k alterations, it's fucking acquiring them. Fossils and resonators are 10x worse because none of the components stack. This is largely why low-depth fossil farming is so lucrative. The real smart people don't even sell their fossils and instead craft with them, selling meta pieces.

It sucks that the market is propped up by this artificial barrier but I'm not really sure we want the alternative. Super cheap Delve crafts will crater the market.

Auction House

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Really need some hard numbers on Betrayal going core here, as based on what their blog said it sounds like aids? Good scarabs all eating massive nerfs + breachstone nerfs + far less frequent syndicates means way less safehouses. So what are the rewards for it now? You still get to randomly die to an assfucking 3 man intervention, but now you don't get those sweet sweet sulphite scarabs either?

This sounds like all nerfs to an already not great mechanic.

• 2Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can’t tell ifan AH would hurt or help if they could get by the bot problem. Already a ton of price fixing.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really need some hard numbers on Betrayal going core here, as based on what their blog said it sounds like aids? Good scarabs all eating massive nerfs + breachstone nerfs + far less frequent syndicates means way less safehouses. So what are the rewards for it now? You still get to randomly die to an assfucking 3 man intervention, but now you don't get those sweet sweet sulphite scarabs either?

This sounds like all nerfs to an already not great mechanic.

The double whammy of nerfed amount of sulphite scarabs + reduced sulphite from said scarabs has me pretty worried as well, because i would hate not being able to run as much delve. I have a small hope that perhaps we can get sulphite from the new league mechanic, don't know that though. I wouldn't be surprised if they tuned the difficulty of the syndicate encounters as a whole to be a little less rippy

Never did more than a couple of breachstone rotas so that doesnt bother me personally.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The double whammy of nerfed amount of sulphite scarabs + reduced sulphite from said scarabs has me pretty worried as well, because i would hate not being able to run as much delve. I have a small hope that perhaps we can get sulphite from the new league mechanic, don't know that though. I wouldn't be surprised if they tuned the difficulty of the syndicate encounters as a whole to be a little less rippy

Never did more than a couple of breachstone rotas so that doesnt bother me personally.

Yea I don't really get it either. It punishes the fuck out of anyone wanting to deep delve, but you can still perma farm depth 40 fossils at 500% movespeed? In what world does that make sense.

The veiled mods as well sound like cancer to acquire/level up, unless they've dramatically increased the drops of them per encounter or something.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Betrayal and Delve issues looking depressing, but don't forget the new league mechanic looks like Delve v2.0, so there's still hope.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
They need a league that scales Better to endgame so I hope the synthesis crafting does that. Abyss was great in that sense; i83/84 jewels were the tits and it meant a reason to not just grind out abysses at low lvl. Even bestiary before the recipes got simplified in core, you had a lot of reasons to run high lvl maps. This bs with delves, betrayal and to some degree incursion , being more profitable to spam at low levels is bad for the game.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I do kind of miss finding a rare ring, IDing it, and it being a top tier multi ex ring. It can still happen now, but with all the new crafting and modifiers and synth mods and all this shit, simple yellows just are filler for gear. They're always going to be that 10c ring you get until you get your big whammo 2ex ring with all the super mods and shit you can't get on normal rares. Shaper/Elder did this to weapons. There's essentially no point in picking up rare 2handers that aren't elder/shaper. The perfect roll phys dps 2hander will never come close to a good rolled Elder weapon.

I think the Betrayal master system actually helped this a little. You could find an awesome ring and if it had an open prefix/suffix you could put a really good craft on it or go for a double craft from a hideout. But with these new synth affixes, I think this is going to fall off again. You're going to need a fucking synth shaper/elder item for most all slots. Long gone are the days of mapping and filling your inventory in high tier maps to ID potential loot. Some people don't even ID rings/amulets in 80+ maps anymore. And belts? They're dead, Jim. Stigian's destroyed any idea of any other belt. You can get the implicit+++ in a jewel, so why bother. I guess the only exception is some super weird Str stacking build or armor/evasion build.

Overall league looks cool and of course I'll play it. Just wish they didn't keep nullifying so much of the old ways.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I'd like to see an merchant/trade Master added to the game that you can fill with items to sell in your hideout that people can visit a-la UO merchants. But players would hate this idea.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Got 2 in one currency node while Delving. Then go a week or two with none, then two a few days apart. Hard to tell how rare.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ex are heavily range dependent, but I usually average 1 a day of heavy mapping once you get a good clear build set up and can run some high quant red maps.

• 1Like

Judge_Mental

Trakanon Raider
At this point I would rather have sulphite/delving on a timer like generate X per min vs run maps for it. Make it a bonus system vs a core part. Imo it doesn't synergize with the other aspects of the game.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I play a few hundred hours (200ish or more) per league, probably and find maybe 5-10 raw ex? They're pretty rare, but honestly I found less Annuls than I did Exalts. One league I found more exalts than divines.

I'd say finding one every 30ish hours of play seems about right over all.

• 1Like