Path of Exile

Brikker

Trump's Staff
okay I respecced my standard Pathfinder from Betrayal to a Windripper/Queen of the Forest tornado shot Raider; aside from those two pieces it is pretty budget. Not gonna lie, even with the gems all <10 it clears pretty fast in low tier maps and the drop increases are noticeable. I might look into working quantity/rarity into my totem guy in league, MF is pretty nice to have...

/blog off

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Yeah I'm doing great with my CA raider, other than I can't get basic drops I need. Basically just have my 6-link bow, and 5-link chest, everything else is same crap I had around 40ish. Still melting everything up to T5, but its really risky as I'm pretty squishy still, so just grinding out 2-4 as I get them.

Finally got some exalts, so I'll likely do a little shopping tonite, and finally do some crafting on my bow and get at least +2 bow skill mod on it, its ilvl 69 so I think thats high enough.

This actually the first build I did myself, I can't wait to see what I can do with it.

Syndicate seems under control now, ranking them all down makes them manageable.

The memory shit is really boring and seems unrewarding, still tons I haven't done in this game yet, so no big deal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

saracs

Trakanon Raider
So, I think I'm going to go and play my favorite from last league, which is Vortex/Cold Snap/CI Occultist. Which also means I'm just playing the same thing again, except with a shitty new league mechanic that I don't even want to use the proper way. At least I'll be able to respec the HoA character easily enough, and I'm early enough in the league that I might actually get to endgame, which is a decent enough goal I suppose.
If you want to try something different, bane/ soul rend can be played with mostly the sme build ad vortex/ cold snap or hoa.

Just to get a feel.. I used the free respec that I got on my betrayal league chatacters to try a couple different builds.

(Of course that meant dealing with the reset atlas in standard which was tedious as hell.. selling 2000+ maps 60 at a time.)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
this league is complete shitshow. I've pretty much given up and waiting for a 3.7 melee. It's actually good that 3.6 turned out garbage. Maybe now they'll take a step back and go back to basics. It seems like 12 week dev cycle is not enough time any more to be able to put out content that's interesting, engaging and playable. They really should be working on 2 leagues at the same time and that way have around 5 months dev time dedicated to a league. AND STOP ADDING EVERYTHING TO THE FUCKING CORE

Caliane

I don't think its nearly the shit show some are making it out to be.

The core game IS good. want to ignore Synthesis? then just ignore it.. Even syndicate stuff. want to ignore the safehouse bullshit? then ignore it. just kill every dude, to get their immediate drops/veiled items.
The new skills are good and fun, the new passives are too, enabling new builds. And theres new uniques as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm enjoying my ED dude a lot so still playing. Maybe they can salvage this league with a patch next week but for now I'm just killing the extra mobs and mostly ignoring the nexus stuff.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Map drops basically confirmed nerfed this league, so I'm done for a couple of weeks I guess. No reason to slam my dick in the door with this league and best to wait it out to see if it reaches a reasonable state.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Map drops basically confirmed nerfed this league, so I'm done for a couple of weeks I guess. No reason to slam my dick in the door with this league and best to wait it out to see if it reaches a reasonable state.

You are not kidding, i'm rolling every map with 100+ quant and can't sustain red tier maps not from mapping solo - 83 city nodes have been nerfed too - got 2 maps from 5 nodes just now.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It is really starting to look like they completely changed the memory mechanics close to release and ended up fucking themselves hard. Remember that the previews they showed for the league have a list of global modifiers for memory chains that don't currently exist in the game. It looked like you would create long memory chains that would be run with all the same global modifiers basically creating your own gigantic, uniquely modified map. What we got instead was a ridiculously complex, under-explained mechanic that still doesn't work right. I don't know if they thought their original implementation was too powerful or too profitable or what but it would explain why the league release was such a mess and why everything feels terrible. It would also explain why map drops are nerfed everywhere else if they were trying to balance around the ability to create a large memory chain with lots of mods and the potential of dropping a shitload of high-level loot.

Reading all of that makes me realize that they need to stop being the fun police (I'm looking at you Delve costs) or trying to manage the economy and just make the game fun. All the other stuff will balance itself out.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The nexus things a load of shit, if i wanted to play a board game i'll go buy a board game and play it.

Thinking about quitting the league, I mean intervention is still fucked even though they said they patched it. Sustain is awful and even tho niko appears a bit more it doesn't mean anything as a fully loaded T16 map will yeald enough sulphite for 2-3 delves at a depth that is reasonable to farm - even then they fucked with fossils in a weird way so you can go 10 delves or more without seeing any then seeing 2-3 nodes on one.

It's all a bit crap really.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I am so confused by the map drops complaints. Everyone complains about them every league. I think if you're SSF it's a little rough for sure, but if you'd just say fuck it, buy all the maps you need, then get gobs of maps in return, sell those maps and EASILY make up what you've spent and then some. I've been selling T6-T10 maps for 1/2/3c each for days now.

In fact, you should do that ASAP to maximize your profits. Spending c on maps early as possible is almost always a good investment.

But yeah, I pretty much agree with everything else. I was pissed that I have to check my islands every fucking time since they keep overwriting the ones I'm saving for to build my path. The convolution in this league is something else. And GGGs complete silence this league is deafening too.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I've completed the atlas except perandus manor. The problem is you don't get tons of maps in return.

Sometimes, yeah if it's corrupted to hell and back with insane quant.

My problem is partially that i'm not interested in selling maps and i'm not interested in doing yellow maps either. The only maps im interested in running are t16s for sulphite and poorjoys for xp.

I was planning on killing shaper/uber elder and then undoing all the maps so that only my choice of t16 will drop.

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
That's good to hear, it is really hard if you don't buy/sell maps. But, I've always chalked that up to a balance, they can't just flood you with maps, or there would be little to no value for them. IMO, sell your maps now.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
That looks like confirmation that they are looking at it, not that they making a change.

If you took the time to read his reply chain, he was immediately asked if they adjust map drops each league and his reply was:

So it seems unlikely he would reply in this way on this thread only for no change to be made.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anecdotal but my map drops seem much higher today, and getting higher tiers more often. Jboots fixed!