Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Synthesis: picking up rares, but somehow even gayer.

Nexus is alright, memory queue is far too small and the pathing puzzle is frustrating. I spend far too long looking at the memory map instead of running memories. I'd be really annoyed if this league got the Bestiary treatment. It simply needs to go away.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I would be suprised if it doesn't go core. GGG is going to see how much time and energy they spent on this abortion and will push to make more use of it.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I like betrayal in core. It doesn't take much time or inventory space, is easy to understand, and a lot of the rewards from it are really good and not easily obtainable elsewhere. I'm done with this league already but for the last week or so all I was doing was the betrayal and delve daily maps, then delving.. I wished I could target betrayal maps because i would have done that over and over to add white sockets to everything, 28% durability all of my gear, etc.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Hoping that synthesis doesn't go core but I think they will put in it somehow. The crafting system is pretty decent with betrayal but revealing recipies is terrible. They took that system that and made it even more annoying somehow which is unbelievable. It's probably nice if you have 200ex to craft an absolutely insane item, most players don't need that to kill what they want and will never see the money/time to craft something like that.

Fossils and betryal crafting was enough to make really good items that can trivialise the end game mobs if that's what you wanted.

I guess i just don't see the point, sometimes less is more.

Scrabs can fuck off too, they should have made niko a zana mod .

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I like betrayal in core. It doesn't take much time or inventory space, is easy to understand, and a lot of the rewards from it are really good and not easily obtainable elsewhere. I'm done with this league already but for the last week or so all I was doing was the betrayal and delve daily maps, then delving.. I wished I could target betrayal maps because i would have done that over and over to add white sockets to everything, 28% durability all of my gear, etc.
Doesn't take much time? What's your measurement of that? If I want to target rewards, I have to play the game of moving people between branches, setting up rivalries, ignoring mastermind encounter, etc. All at the great pace of once per day + 4% per map. I've targeted Cameria in Intervention since the very start of the league. I have 5 Guilded Sulphite scarabs to show for it...that's pathetic.

• 1Solidarity

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
It doesn't take much time because intervention spawns, dies 3 seconds later. Another 5-10 seconds to loot and unveil mods, move on. Transport/fort, 10-15 seconds. Lab 30-60. Occasionally I get a safehouse, spend a few minutes doing that and end up with some white sockets, or 28% quality, or some scarabs, or currency or whatever.

Compare it to incursion which is just as fast to build up, but then the temple takes ages and mostly is just another map which drops nothing of note. Maybe you win the lottery and get a t3 corruption chamber or something, but that's completely luck related - as opposed to betrayal which you can slowly push in to the shape you want. I got nothing of any use out of the temple this league which I couldn't have gotten from a normal map except for the crafting recipes.

I had some luck with betrayal too as I had cameria in invervention and ITF in research every time I popped the safehouse.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
people should really watch this

Jesus I know this is going to seem dumb, but Wilson sounds EXACTLY like Ziggy-D. Are they related? Their voices are almost identical. Not like all NZers sound the same (although they do sorta hahahaahah, but seriously...)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
One's Australian and the other is a Kiwi, so that makes you a racist.

I've never thought they sound the same though.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Different than Ziggy-D. I can listen to Chris for a while and not be annoyed. Not so with Ziggy-D.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The problem with betrayal is it’s too goddamn rare. Nothing better than getting three encounters in a map and unveiling two items and watching the slow as molasses crawls of the intelligence bars. Right now everything just feels so watered down. Two maps with no encounters then Zana pops, next is einhar then nothing for a map, then einhar, then maybe Alva, next up another empty map and then maybe Niko pops. Or three in a row with nothing or three in a row with masters on them. Through all of that you mightve gotten zero syndicate or maybe you got three, who knows. Problem is three maps with syndicate does jack shit for progress to a safe house since it’s such a slow build, all the while getting shitty unveils.

It’s some kind of strange cognitive dissidence to complain about all that stuff even being available but it just makes the game feel disjointed. If you like anything specific in the game you can’t really play it and it has everything else feeling like nothing more than an impediment. It doesn’t turn betrayal or alva or whoever else into a carrot to chase it turns them into I can’t be fucking bothered to try. They want to limit access to cool shit and I get it but it’s making the game feel like a slogfest.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think the game has feature creep big time. And right now a new league is starting to seem daunting instead of refreshing. Grinding out the crafting shit is annoying each time, but I know necessary for a league to function.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's all very overwhelming, I can imagine how it is for brand new players.

I recently restarted this game on PS4. I used to play on PC, the last time was when the game expanded from 4 acts to....8? I don't remember what league it was. A few years ago. I missed out on the Beastiary thing, the Delve thing......coming back now there is just soooooo much to do. It gets distracting. Looks like with Delve you can just get lost in that without doing much else. I haven't even really touched upon the Beastiary thing because I'm still levelling and I have no idea when I'm gonna find time to go back and "capture" all those beasts, or even if I need to.

There is so much content now that for a casual player you will never see all of it during one league, never mind that the PS4 debut was weeks (months?) after the league start this time around. I would have to wait until the league ends and my character goes to Standard to then casually explore everything. Meanwhile there is the draw of the new league starting.

Not sure what the solution is, but the game I think could benefit from paring down some of the added expansions.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bestiary was an overly complicated crafting league with poorly implemented gameplay that was taken out back and replaced with its derpy brother in 3.5. If it's not part of some challenge objective, I have exactly 0 excitement for Bestiary. I would almost prefer the overly complicated system to what we have now. Thank god it's so well streamlined so that nothing gets in the way of the meaningless rewards.

This is why I'm hoping Synthesis doesn't get Bestiary treatment. I don't want it dumbed down because current Bestiary doesn't add anything valuable to the game. I don't want it to go core in its current form because fractured crafting fucking blows.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean beastiary is just free money, it's fine the way it is, and the crafting thing is useful if only for flask crafting, or getting corrupted items without potentially fucking them with the quality recipes.

They could potentially do something similar for Synthesis, just have random spawned synthesis portals, but instead of the current system, it puts you into distant memories directly(not the memory mod ones obviously, just reward ones). So you'll run your synthesis thing, then get to the end and click chests for rewards, some will drop fossils or fragments or silver coins or whatever like currently. Add a chance to drop fragment or keys for each "guardians" and then combine for nexus spawns. Remove all the tiles shit. Have the lore voice overs play the same way, but always play the 2nd part when you hit the stabilizer at the end. If they want they can keep fractured items too, but I don't know about keep synthesized items, this shit's some sad powercreep for the .1% of people who bother crafting shit. Maybe just drop synthesized items directly.

I definitely don't want the tiles minigame shit to be cluttering the base game too, and I think the crafting is both too broken and too annoying to play with, so honestly I feel both parts should be removed. Or the memory map needs to be simplified a lot so it doesn't involve tetris tiles and shit.

Borzak

It does seem to me like they have decided to go "all in" and put stuff on top of stuff till it has become a little much. But apparently people like it, always complaining on reddit of people who don't like it. Hard to judge from streamers, I mean they are paid to play the game professionally. It's not just complication (synthesis league) but just the amount of stuff even if not complicated. New player? Good luck.

• 1Like

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would be ecstatic about Legacy 2.0. I need a break from complicated puzzle-figuring-outness of these new league mechanics. If there was a fresh economy, I think I would have preferred standard this time around. The balance changes to casters, new uniques, betrayal integration is plenty enough stuff for me to do.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
One's Australian and the other is a Kiwi, so that makes you a racist.

I've never thought they sound the same though.
I guess it would if they weren't all primarily white. I was going to actually say this is going to make me sound accent-ist. I can't really tell the diff between the NZ or Australian accent, that is true. I wish I could do a good accent, I think it is HILARIOUS when people can do accents accurately (Russel Peters, my fellow Canadian, can do so many Asian accents perfectly, and it is beyond funny) - all mine just come out sounding Scottish for some reason.

Is calling all Australians (well aside from the aboriginals) the spawn of criminals racist?

Anyway, on point, I have been pushing for Legacy stones as the perfect solution to the game bloat, but I don't see GGG doing it. They have a bug up their ass about forcing all their content down our throat at all times and have been inflexible with that.