Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
If they are doing a simple league they should spend some time optimising the game.

Know it won't happen but it should.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Their view on optimization is an on-going process rather than do everything at once. I personally liked breach better than delve, but regardless of which one you liked...they are both much more liked over Betrayal and Synthesis :p

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Delve would be amazing for this thing, unlimited sulphite and head on down.

Fuck yeah.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
There should be a way to target the master/system you want. I would probably still be playing this league if I could force Jun or Niko onto every map.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
There should be a way to target the master/system you want. I would probably still be playing this league if I could force Jun or Niko onto every map.

Better yet, there should be a way to force any master outside of Zana so that the player can choose where to focus their energy. It would be amazing to be able to choose.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Here's your melee buff.
They know they don't need need to show being swung. I can't wait to use my Colossus Sword and Colossus Machete together next patch.

Little bullshit the machete can't apply to 1H swords like the sword can.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have any idea's how to fix rampant FPS drops even with the lowest settings possible? Started last night, had gotten into the 60's on a cyclone build with zero issue (80 lightning orb, 70ish molten strike) and now all of a sudden I can stand in a corner in a1 doing nothing and my FPS goes up and down like crazy.

Nothing else changed/updated on my PC so kind of puzzled. Prior to fiddling most settings were set on high and no problems

poe fps.JPG

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have any idea's how to fix rampant FPS drops even with the lowest settings possible? Started last night, had gotten into the 60's on a cyclone build with zero issue (80 lightning orb, 70ish molten strike) and now all of a sudden I can stand in a corner in a1 doing nothing and my FPS goes up and down like crazy.

Nothing else changed/updated on my PC so kind of puzzled. Prior to fiddling most settings were set on high and no problems

View attachment 202832
Recent windows update re-enabled Game mode and a bunch of other bullshit. When I turned it off 80% of my issues went away.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmm no updates done since the 24th on my end (Win7), don't even see anything that may invoke game mode installed. Gives me something to look into though at least, if nothing else.

dizzie

Triggered Happy

View attachment 202832

Anything running in the background? Poe always seems to shit the bed if i have anything except a web browser running.

That said this game runs like dogshit on virtually an pc you can make.

One thing that helped me with all the betrayal lag shite was installing the game again. I did it on a second drive and it's been running smoother, I presume you could probably delete it and redownload it if its not too much hassle. Just copy your config file over after.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The thing with poe i found is that network lag (usually server related from 7 to 11 est and worse on week ends) looks exactly like graphic lag.

I never ever ezperienced those outside of prime evening time.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't think it turned out being the game itself, after 3-4 bsod's I looked at a temp monitor and all 4 cores are idling at 70-80c :(

Removed the water cooler, new thermal paste, starts at 30c and then pretty much ramps up to the 70-80's and if I try to do anything it dies at 100 shortly after. Hooray, not a PoE problem.

Shitty to have happen suddenly but might be time to build something new.

iannis

Musty Nester
It does seem to me like they have decided to go "all in" and put stuff on top of stuff till it has become a little much. But apparently people like it, always complaining on reddit of people who don't like it. Hard to judge from streamers, I mean they are paid to play the game professionally. It's not just complication (synthesis league) but just the amount of stuff even if not complicated. New player? Good luck.
As a new player and an intermittent one what happens is that you don't really even try. You roll a witch or jugg and just head for mapworks. You ignore almost everything.

Their base game with the plot was very well streamlined. The rest of it is even more of a mess than it used to be.

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider

View attachment 202832

I followed a suggestion I found on Reddit and completely reinstalled the game. That fixed all of my issues.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
In Synthesis, we performed an extensive rebalance of Spellcasting throughout Path of Exile. A lot of this work focused on a numerical rebalance of most skills.

We have indicated that the June 3.7.0 expansion contains a similar rebalance of Melee skills, and while we certainly do intend to numerically adjust them to make sure they're viable, the actual scope of Melee changes planned is a lot larger than we have indicated so far.

Players from other Action RPGs have occasionally criticised Path of Exile's melee combat for being "clunky", especially early on before players get a lot of attack speed. We are making various experimental changes to the animation system that should help resolve these concerns and really tighten up the feel of melee combat.

In addition to animation system improvements and melee skill rebalances, we are experimenting with changes to systems such as accuracy, melee splash, leech, fortify, various Ascendancy classes, the passive tree, hit/miss feedback, melee base types, movement skills and melee damage availability on items.

This post has been intentionally light on specific details because all of the above potential changes are ongoing experiments that evolve as we try new stuff. We'll post more information in the news over the coming weeks (with the majority of it after 3.7.0's announcement in May). We are very excited about these changes and look forward to sharing more information with you.

tl;dr: hnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggh

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user