Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Stolen from reddit. Love it. I want to play Dale Gribble.

785ip7pswl231.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Does anyone know what the deal is with Brutus' Lead Sprinkler? Where does this drop? Wiki says it's a Torment league exclusive but it shows up in leagues that don't have Torment on the map device. Where is this dropping/getting chanced?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Lacerate Zerker or Gladiator. Should be fun playing around with all the new melee stuff. Can't wait to die a couple times to the buffed Act 1 mobs.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does anyone know what the deal is with Brutus' Lead Sprinkler? Where does this drop? Wiki says it's a Torment league exclusive but it shows up in leagues that don't have Torment on the map device. Where is this dropping/getting chanced?
All divination cards can get league specific items that fit the category(Jack in the Box being the one that drops everything, but stuff that's like Melee weapon unique or whatever would work too).

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I need to look into bow crafting a bit more, though I'm not sure it's actually better for DoT builds. If you're using another skill to supplement your ED or Soulrend, don't you lose damage on the supplemental skill? Bowcrafting seems to target boosting the socketed skill while sacrificing affixes that will affect all skills, like a 4L Bane or Blight.

I think once you mod it with the plus damage and multiplier, you’re ok. You do lose a lot of global stuff from your shield and wand, but even for my shitty bow with just the +1 to socketed gems and chaos dmg/multiplier craft simmed out to more damage. I did my total of bane, soulrend, and blight totem.

Now, I realize I didn’t optimize. I used my bow with a 6L bane. Should have been SOulrend. But the difference was negligible.

Not sure it’s best on ED/cont though. You lose some cast speed if you go for the wand cluster too.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone do totem chieftains before? Found a Purifying Flames totem chieftain build. I've always done templar and wanted to try something new...

Cant look at ascendancy abilities and shit atm so not sure the big differences between the two.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
All divination cards can get league specific items that fit the category(Jack in the Box being the one that drops everything, but stuff that's like Melee weapon unique or whatever would work too).
I'm surprised that this alone can make the item as common as it is. It was a 1c unique in Synthesis SC with pages and pages of the. Even in SHC it was only 15-20c. I wanted to try a BLS build this league but this makes me antsy, would hate to hit level 70 only to discover the item basically doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Precision is flat mana reserve. whaaa.
Not only it's flat, it's like half clarity cost. I was looking for something to reserve mana after I removed blasphemy from my build and figured I'd go with accuracy maybe, and then bam shit's almost free, so I needed to find yet another one(might go Flesh and Stone, perma blind aura+reduced damage from projectiles and shit from out of range seems decent enough for 25%). I'm not sure I'll actually need the accuracy though since I'm doing a fairly dex heavy build and they're changing accuracy but we'll see.

I'm surprised that this alone can make the item as common as it is. It was a 1c unique in Synthesis SC with pages and pages of the. Even in SHC it was only 15-20c. I wanted to try a BLS build this league but this makes me antsy, would hate to hit level 70 only to discover the item basically doesn't exist.
I think it's a combination of not being super in demand and being a common unique? And people throw a lot of cards to dig for actually expensive league uniques so that's the kind of stuff that comes out. Might turn out a lot more expensive this league though especially with Chieftain buffs, although most people will probably go Slayer/Berserker instead.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
BLS Geoffri's Sanctuary sleeper build, dodge the ES nerf by stacking it with strength instead. I wouldn't league start with a BLS build though, unless OpenArl can get PoB updated right quick.

Can someone explain the point of Shockwave support? An on-hit effect with a 1s cooldown? Meh?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
BLS Geoffri's Sanctuary sleeper build, dodge the ES nerf by stacking it with strength instead. I wouldn't league start with a BLS build though, unless OpenArl can get PoB updated right quick.

Can someone explain the point of Shockwave support? An on-hit effect with a 1s cooldown? Meh?
I mean, yeah the cooldown is shit and all(although there's built in reduction), but also it does an additional 200% damage, and the aoe might be pretty good. Seems kinda like Earthquake as a support, hit stuff, then big boom later. Probably great for one hit kill slow 2H shit, just slap this one to guarantee shit dies even more so you just one hit stuff. Need to see what kind of aoe the shockwave is though, if it's circular, like freeze pulse as a projectile, expanding circle or instant, hard to say.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff

I wonder if Efficient Training works on the 8% increased intelligence on Utmost Intellect. Was thinking of doing Scion with Chieftain + Raider to get both clusters.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A BLS build can easily path by both Utmost str and int nodes, especially if you're going ES. PoB doesn't seem to think it works, but this is also the first passive with increased stat, so could be a bug in PoB. Utmost INT is still worth picking up even if you can't convert the increased. It will let you use more Brawns that way too!

I'm not a fan of Ascendant str-stacking ES builds because you don't have an easy way to deal with stuns. I don't like taking Unwavering Stance.

PoB *REALLY* needs to be updated before being able to hash out the differences between the ascendencies. I'm still liking Jugg for my build, even if it's for Tectonic Slam. With the nerfs to some melee abilities attack speed and Multistrike, I think Undeniable will be even nuttier this patch. Chieftan gets shit for attack speed.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
A BLS build can easily path by both Utmost str and int nodes, especially if you're going ES. PoB doesn't seem to think it works, but this is also the first passive with increased stat, so could be a bug in PoB. Utmost INT is still worth picking up even if you can't convert the increased. It will let you use more Brawns that way too!

I'm not a fan of Ascendant str-stacking ES builds because you don't have an easy way to deal with stuns. I don't like taking Unwavering Stance.

PoB *REALLY* needs to be updated before being able to hash out the differences between the ascendencies. I'm still liking Jugg for my build, even if it's for Tectonic Slam. With the nerfs to some melee abilities attack speed and Multistrike, I think Undeniable will be even nuttier this patch. Chieftan gets shit for attack speed.
I like Ascendant over regular Chieftain because the rest of Chieftain after Ramako/Hinekora is really meh. The increased life recovery on Tasalio might not even work with energy shield. Scion gives frenzy charge generation, free onslaught, and access to the right side of the tree while still getting Elemental Overload and both Utmost stat clusters.