Path of Exile

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
My point is that with Cyclone, you're pretty much guaranteed to be on that 0.3s CD. If you use Rage support, you build your rage to max in ~10s. However, in your case, due to granularity of attack and I'm guessing not using Rage support, you're building rage only once every 0.4s, that's ~20s. For QoL, I preferred Rage support and Berserker, or forget the mechanic altogether.

Yeah I use rage support. 10 seconds is an eternity, assuming I can even reliably get them in 10s when I actually want to. There's a lot of start/stopping going on in maps too, Zana, charges gone, Alva, Jun, legion loot, whatever else. Playing two different characters based on how long its been since I last attacked is just...offputting. They also put the same type of mechanic at both ends of the tree so you can't really avoid it unless you just take the utility stuff that no one's going to take. Oddly enough I like rampage but it's probably because I don't expect to have it or want to include it in my pob, it's just a little minigame to play while killing shit. Like I say, no one ever brings it up so it's just one of those things about a class that makes one person not want to play it but others enjoy it. The build was actually strong as hell and not lacking in any way, rage or not.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It was like a 40% ED dps increase. I didnt even look at it for blight.

Shield is nice, but cant you get the same effect using blood magic and moving auras to boots etc?

I'm going to tinker with it some in the next few days and see if how I can get the blight totem dps on that build. For some stupid reason I am fixated on that.
Definitely a sizeable increase for ED.

The shield has a hefty reservation reduction and blood magic support nearly double the mana reservation cost. Essentially, you can't fit in some of those auras if you ditch the shield.

And I have no open links on my boots!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My build testing spree continues.

Who here has played spectres? The new Slave Drivers look interesting. Do they pop legions decently? Or is minion AI still an issue? Are necros decently tanky?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
My build testing spree continues.

Who here has played spectres? The new Slave Drivers look interesting. Do they pop legions decently? Or is minion AI still an issue? Are necros decently tanky?

Unless they've fixed specter AI since I've played them, specters like to sit in shaper beams; I swear they even run back to them after being summoned. Since slave drivers are similar to red beasts, I expect them to be nerfed to not create a corpse as red beasts were. Or however they made red beasts not able to be made into specters.

edit, I was mistaken I thought that the slave drivers were spawning mobs as the red beasts do.

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
uberelite has been playing them on HC and did a sub 2 minute UE last night:

Not sure what you mean by red beasts though? Slave Drivers have been in the game all this time, on one really bothered to mess with them until now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, uber's videos are what got me interested. As in, this doesn't look that bad. They certainly don't look at retarded as HoAg's minion AI.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
uberelite has been playing them on HC and did a sub 2 minute UE last night:

Not sure what you mean by red beasts though? Slave Drivers have been in the game all this time, on one really bothered to mess with them until now.

I was mistaking them with another mob that spawns shit as the red beasts do.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I got a disgusting +1 summoned totem shield for 1 ex cuz of all the cyclone kiddies

Feels good

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I got a little currency now. Trying to decide to spend it on my cyclone slayer, my viper strike pathfinder, or the ED/Contagion character that never got out of act 10 lol. Decisions.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, uber's videos are what got me interested. As in, this doesn't look that bad. They certainly don't look at retarded as HoAg's minion AI.

I have been leveling with them on and off a bit this week and I will say you do have to pay attention to positioning a bit with SDs as they do have a default attack they might use.

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider

I’m playing it now with 1h and victarios version. First league that I’ve ever killed shaper. I really don’t have the time to min/max it further and I can’t for the life of me 6 link chest. I can usually get 75%+ of legion popped if it is out in the open.

I have a rare chest in stash with 98 life, +1 spectres, open suffix and 6 blue sockets too. Also 21/20 animate guardian with kingmaker. For the most part I can dodge big hits and survive most things.

I was actually considering selling off my shit to try divine ire or toxic rain trickster.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So yesterday I went from 2x 200pDPS foils to a couple Paradoxicas @ 145pDPS and 160pDPS. What a difference! I also finally got a 6L Bronn's Lithe which is a huge QoL boost.

Evernothing

My gems are getting close to lvl 20.

Which ones should I do the vendor recipe for 1GCP that turns them lvl1/20% ?

View Profile - Path of Exile - Evernothing

Also, my build calls for my helm to have Vaal Ancestral Warchief + Phase Run + Increased Duration + Vaal Haste, but this seems like a waste to me. Any other suggestions?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
My gems are getting close to lvl 20.

Which ones should I do the vendor recipe for 1GCP that turns them lvl1/20% ?

View Profile - Path of Exile - Evernothing

Also, my build calls for my helm to have Vaal Ancestral Warchief + Phase Run + Increased Duration + Vaal Haste, but this seems like a waste to me. Any other suggestions?

Phase run doesn't do much for a cyclone toon, other than looting or backtracking. Vaal haste is a nice cooldown. Looking at your links, wouldn't the knockback from the flask make close combat support a waste? Quality brutality and MPD. Infused quality just reduces the channel time before getting infused. Buy a corrupted 20/20 cyclone for an immediate dps increase. For bossing, you could add dmg support to your VAW over phase run and vaal haste.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Is it realistic to vaal your own gems for 21 or is chance too low? I like to grind for stuff like that on my own, but if it means having a better flame golem in one month I rather buy it.

Evernothing

Close Combat adds full damage at less than or equal to 15 units. It scales to 0 at 40 units. I think my cyclone is 30 - 35 units, so it should still be adding damage with knockback active.

Evernothing

Is it realistic to vaal your own gems for 21 or is chance too low? I like to grind for stuff like that on my own, but if it means having a better flame golem in one month I rather buy it.

Seems like a 2% chance of success based on this video.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Close Combat is for the full damage bonus on targets that cannot be knocked back. Anything you get on other targets is just gravy. You want movement speed bonus during mapping.

• 1Like

Evernothing

I picked up the Vaal Haste.

I've never used Ancestral Warchief before. I assume mostly used on a boss for the increased melee damage?

Or does it taunt the enemies too?

Last edited: