Path of Exile

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I wish theyd make an mtx for ice crash, its a great skill. The whole yolo I cant see anything aspect is fun for a while but it gets old and eventually pretty annoying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Anyone else considering going SSF next league? Getting 36/37 seemed doable in SSF this league. I think my biggest problem would be all the rerolling I tend to do.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I wish theyd make an mtx for ice crash, its a great skill. The whole yolo I cant see anything aspect is fun for a while but it gets old and eventually pretty annoying.

A Celestial or Stygian effect would be nice but Ice Crash doesn't need a nerf.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Anyone else considering going SSF next league? Getting 36/37 seemed doable in SSF this league. I think my biggest problem would be all the rerolling I tend to do.

Was awful, don't recommend lol. Do it once for the achievement of doing so.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Mapping was real bad.

Not being able to get basic uniques and play yellow quest was second worst part.

Holding on to all kinds of yellows as I went (anything with good resist) made a big diff.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the only way I’d consider SSF would be in standard. I’m too casual to grind that shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Mapping was real bad.

Not being able to get basic uniques and play yellow quest was second worst part.

Holding on to all kinds of yellows as I went (anything with good resist) made a big diff.
Hmmm, I don't remember buying any maps this league. Zana random mod through yellows, horizon orbs through reds seemed to work out pretty well. But, I did reroll a bunch of times, I wonder if that inherently led to building up a map pool.

Yeah, I wouldn't look forward to your other parts. I hate trading because it sucks and it undercuts the progression of your character. IDK, maybe D3 had it right with mostly self loot? Numbers and drop rates can definitely be tweaked so Chris gets his beloved player retention. If anything, trade is probably a net negative in that regard.

Caeden

It’s a tough balance. I feel currency is dropping more this league. Maybe that’s the new standard with crafting taking focus. The real way to help SSF is to cut down on mods on potential gear so you can craft more efficiently and alllow more drops of certain bases. Jmo. It’d give the effect of D3 without the focus on legendaries and loot explosions.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
SSF doesn't need any help/adjustment in my view.

They've already made SSF much easier than it was. This time last year there was no fossil crafting and the recipes were gated behind a semi-long ass time sink. The map thing is much better now with vendor system and increased orb drops.

It's already 10x easier than it was at this point last year.

Caeden

Alternatively, implement crafting scrolls and an automatic pickup system and just fix trade. The market will be fine and you’ll get the exact item you dropped coin on.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Mapping isn't an issue for SSF anymore; granted, it will take longer than on trade league. One might have to farm lab for uniques. You'll still reroll but limited to what you have stashed. I've done SSF once and got to red maps but the RNG wall is real.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've done SSF the past couple of leagues now and I'm done with it. While not dealing with the shitty trade system is nice hitting an artificial wall just to grind more is just plain a waste of time and I have plenty of other activities to waste my time with.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It’s a tough balance. I feel currency is dropping more this league. Maybe that’s the new standard with crafting taking focus. The real way to help SSF is to cut down on mods on potential gear so you can craft more efficiently and alllow more drops of certain bases. Jmo. It’d give the effect of D3 without the focus on legendaries and loot explosions.

I had way more alcs this league than in beast

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
SSF is okay as long as you don't mind the grind. I have never traded lo' these many years, and as a result tend to quit occasionally in frustration and come back fresh in weeks/months. I have played 91 cyclone and 80 ED/Cont builds this league and it has not been bad. Also, as a side note, it is always easier to use the meta builds in SSF provided there are no key uniques that make the build unplayable if absent. For instance, cyclone is easy mode this league (obviously and clearly) overall.

I have played the Atlas up to, and including, the Hydra on one leg but am seriously lacking on others. It can get annoying if you don't have that SSF patience. After running dozens of maps with no new drops you just have to soldier on.

With any decent knowledge of the game, difficulty is not usually the issue in SSF, it is progression and the typical RNG this game likes to layer in like a 2-story cake. Maintaining red maps is now easy since they clearly tweaked the drops, but expanding your unexplored Atlas can still be frustrating. And trying to manipulate the Elder position? Yeah, that can be maddening.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't ever played SSF, as I thought it was just the league but no trading allowed. Does it have increased drop rates or anything that made it different?

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Haven't ever played SSF, as I thought it was just the league but no trading allowed. Does it have increased drop rates or anything that made it different?

It is, quite literally, just a no-trade league with a separate leaderboard. You get lots of dopes asking for increased drop rates and the like, but it was released by GGG primarily because there was a VERY popular independent (of GGG) movement tracking rankings of people who did not trade. GGG made a business decision to pull them into the fold and give them their own rankings, but at the same time with VERY clear words that nothing in the game would EVER change between "trade" and SSF modes.

I have gone on record betting that GGG would make SSF concessions only when the game starts to tank badly, and that is not going to happen soon. We are likely to get that remastered D2 before this ever happens (please please please please please) and that could actually be fuel for PoE starting to wane.

Edit - worst sentence structures ever.