Path of Exile

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Curious if anyone else is on PS4? I don’t have a gaming PC at the moment and I’m always very hesitant to jump on console versions of games that are clearly designed with PC in mind, especially ARPGs & MMOs, but this is actually pretty well done.

That being said, even with experience going back to original Diablo and having played lots of complicated games before, PoE baffles me with its intricacies and complex systems. I’ve got a grasp on a decent amount of it, but I’m only around level 50 and I haven’t even started to try and understand crafting or some of the side stuff. It’s part of what hooks me, because there’s so much to learn and keep my interest but there are also a few things that are insanely vague or frustrating to a new player.

It’s really weird to play this game and see other people but no easy way to group or matchmake and I have to roll the dice and shoot rando PSN bro a friend request and a message just to try and find a tolerable buddy to play with. If anyone here wants to roll on PS4, lemme know.

I made a Ranger and I love the style, lots of fun too but I always play stuff like that and I wanted to try a melee character in PoE and holy shit it’s rough, especially to start. It feels so clunky and slow and almost borderline offensive when compared to jumping on a ranged character, the combat fluidity is so different. I saw that they supposedly rehauled melee in a recent patch and I was shocked to learn that this is AFTER a wide melee fix. I wonder if it’s just really shitty in the low levels and gets better with proper gear & gems, etc?

tldr: having fun, slightly overwhelming game but s’all good, wish playing w others was more streamlined

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
No idea what that really means for cyclone. Multistrike looks... better? I don't even know. Too lazy to MSpaint a side-by-side. I'm sure a redditor will.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Multistrike went from 50.8% multiplier to 58% multiplier. Smoothing the damage helps too. They need to do something about animation canceling though. I shouldn't have to finetune a macro to use multistrike.

Cyclone lost a fair amount of range, so it's probably not going to be played much as an ability itself.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Multistrike went from 50.8% multiplier to 58% multiplier. Smoothing the damage helps too. They need to do something about animation canceling though. I shouldn't have to finetune a macro to use multistrike.

Cyclone lost a fair amount of range, so it's probably not going to be played much as an ability itself.

s04ybb6szoi31.png

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
People wonder why the flavor of the week is played by 90% of people in a league. Play it now before it gets nerfed and move to the next flavor of the week.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Cyclone is still the league starter for me, I’ll just use it to get going and switch to other skills. It’ll still have all the same qol that other melee skills lack. Multistrike is still shit mostly. It’s better but not in the way it needed to be. I guess it’s fine that it’s not a default support for every single melee skill in the game. Most people dont want to play some slow ass hard hitting skill that repeats two times for good reason though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The aoe is a lot smaller again, but it still does high damage and let you do damage while you move, so not sure cyclone still won't be the best "melee" skill, barring new poison assassin shenanigans. You just can't get full screen cyclone anymore and actively have to run into stuff. The visual nerf in another reddit post still makes it seem ok size, kinda close to what it was before though, but should be enough to clear maps smoothly and outrange bosses while you hit them. It also might be a lot better with Facebreaker now? Since fist range was shit and for the most part unmodifiable(iirc only that one unique necklace changed it). And Facebreaker damage is... well it's pretty good you could say.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So, I’m pretty set on moving to a necro to league start now. I’ve league started ED or Bane for three straight leagues and I’m sick of it.

Second build though was either lacerate glad or earthquake slayer. But the dps on earthquake looks anemic, despite seeing reasonable less than 4 min kills of UE on the same fucking build. Am I missing something on POB that doesn’t calculate dps right for this?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
So they haven’t nerfed impale yet? Phys cyclone seems like a no brainer starter again then

Remains to be seen. Doesn’t seem necessary at this point to nerf anything else, they went after cyclone damage with the flat phys and while impale is pretty strong I don’t see a real reason for them to mess with other skills. Most of the builds I played didn’t use it anyway.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So +1 to melee weapon range, both on gear and in the passive tree now basically read +8% inc aoe? I assume that change doesnt include the +radius you get from your cyclone stages cause the wording is different. Sucks for most builds except ofcourse facebrakers cause of the new 11 base radius.

In the future i would not go slayer cyclone again, Impact (the biggest reason to go slayer imo) is at best half as good with cyclone as before.

A champ or glad or zerker facebraker build does seem good though. And whitout legion encounters you wont feel as punished from a lack of AOE i guess.

The most fun lookin reveal so far to me is this though

and if i decide to play this league i think i would want to try something with this.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Eh. That haven’t shown what they’re doing with assassin yet. Or saboteur. I could easily see a saboteur build being the new arc.

I liked what I saw from Volatile dead mines before the rework. Usually a rework means OP. I'll go that route this time instead of homebrewing something that doesn't function as advertised like I had with flicker+multi.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Volatile Dead mines was clunky without Scold's Bridle or something similar to alleviate all the setup that combo required. They've drastically changed how mines work, I don't know if you can assume old builds still function 1:1.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Volatile Dead mines was clunky without Scold's Bridle or something similar to alleviate all the setup that combo required. They've drastically changed how mines work, I don't know if you can assume old builds still function 1:1.

I'll assume nothing after multistrike

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
cvtwn5fqzui31.jpg

On the surface, yuck. I know this thing will be rare as fuck and have very little impact on the market. But maybe don't release a div card a league after it warped the economy so heavily? You want sane balance choices? How about a slight nudge in the other direction that says "fuck you" more than anything else?

This thing was submitted AFTER the HH rarity nerf was announced. I seem to recall div card submissions having a lot longer turn around time, I think due to art. This feels like Daddy Tencent cash grab, integrity be damned.

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
Curious if anyone else is on PS4? I don’t have a gaming PC at the moment and I’m always very hesitant to jump on console versions of games that are clearly designed with PC in mind, especially ARPGs & MMOs, but this is actually pretty well done.

That being said, even with experience going back to original Diablo and having played lots of complicated games before, PoE baffles me with its intricacies and complex systems. I’ve got a grasp on a decent amount of it, but I’m only around level 50 and I haven’t even started to try and understand crafting or some of the side stuff. It’s part of what hooks me, because there’s so much to learn and keep my interest but there are also a few things that are insanely vague or frustrating to a new player.

It’s really weird to play this game and see other people but no easy way to group or matchmake and I have to roll the dice and shoot rando PSN bro a friend request and a message just to try and find a tolerable buddy to play with. If anyone here wants to roll on PS4, lemme know.

I made a Ranger and I love the style, lots of fun too but I always play stuff like that and I wanted to try a melee character in PoE and holy shit it’s rough, especially to start. It feels so clunky and slow and almost borderline offensive when compared to jumping on a ranged character, the combat fluidity is so different. I saw that they supposedly rehauled melee in a recent patch and I was shocked to learn that this is AFTER a wide melee fix. I wonder if it’s just really shitty in the low levels and gets better with proper gear & gems, etc?

tldr: having fun, slightly overwhelming game but s’all good, wish playing w others was more streamlined

I play, but I’m a Euro, so our playtimes might be a little out of sync!

Psn: RatamaDK

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So that one assassin skill is just contagion strike.
Yeah but clunky as fuck cause it's a single target melee and you can't really spread just one poison and kill everything either(at least generally with viper strike I had to hit 2-3times to kill stuff). Should have been a support or some shit.

Also they posted they're changing a bunch of uniques to the new global +skill gem shit. That's some serious powercreeping with these:
"The change applies to Taryn's Shiver, Agnerod East, Agnerod West, Agnerod South, Agnerod North, Cane of Unravelling and The Consuming Dark. "

Last edited: