Path of Exile

Judge_Mental

Trakanon Raider
Wonder how good RF will be now. Hope its an off-meta thing so I can sneak in a LLRF Mana guardian for fun. If anyone has a 3.8 build let me know!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm glad so many retards posting on reddit that summoners didn't get buffed/got nerfed and this or that is now unusable, listing some nerfs while not counting several buffs, hopefully these fucks all go play assassins and minion shit will be cheaper.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hah. I’ve been turning away from summoner because I’m expecting it to be costly.

I’m planning to do mostly some melee once I’m done with my starter this time. I can’t help it. Melee is my love. It’s been hard to forgo it to be efficient in this game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for the pob link, i dont think i'll play this league but if i do i'm shamelessly gonna have to steal someones interesting looking build.

What am i missing that gives you that 7th link? its still 4m dps with 1 less link so still good just wondering. And why is vicious proj better than unbound ailments when PoB says not?

I was adding it for the elder bow mod and forgot to save the crafted bow. I will multimod a vicious proj bow for sure.

Trying to see if a fossil crafted 400pdps with the fossil mod for poisons will outdo the darkscorn or if an elder bow with mods will be more. Definitely starting with the darkscorn though.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Some minion info from Rory:

Okay, here we gooo

Raise Spectre has a base of two spectres max at level 11, three at 21, and four at 31.

Carrion Golem's Leap Slam has a 4 second cooldown, and doesn't repeat with Multistrike unlike some Spectre leap slams. It deals 180% of their base damage. The Bone Cascade has a 4 second cooldown, can multistrike, has 10% less attack speed and deals 65% of base damage, but can hit enemies multiple times with each cascade. The non-cooldown attack deals 135% of their base damage with the first two swings which are wide cones, while the third to sixth swing deals 162% of base damage with 200% more attack speed, but in a smaller rectangle (For bursting down enemies that survive the first two swings). At level 20 of the gem, they do an average of 372 damage per hit, with an attack time of 0.9 seconds. They have 1067 accuracy rating at gem level 20, the same as other minions.

The Delve chest mod can still give +1 to maximum spectres, as do Midnight Bargain and Queen's Escape and Decree.

Feeding Frenzy's reminder text: (Feeding Frenzy grants 10% more Minion Damage, 15% increased Minion Movement Speed and 15% increased Minion Attack and Cast Speed)

Summon Skeleton summons 3 at once at level 11, 4 at once at level 21, 5 at once at level 31.

The maximum number of skeletons is 6 at 6, 7 at 12, 8 at 18, 9 at 24, 10 at 30 and 11 at 36.

The max zombies are 4 at 5, 5 at 10, 6 at 15, 7 at 20, 8 at 25, 9 at 30 and 10 at 35.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Interesting. So the passive tree on PoB still shows the +1 spec passive. I'm not sure with the +all minion gems how easy it will be to get a lvl 31 spec gem, but definitely looks like having the usual 4 will not be too hard at all. Basically guaranteed actually.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah if you can get all the +minion level shit spectres looked buffed. At the very least you get the easy 4 without any uniques, like they made it even more budget heh.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was adding it for the elder bow mod and forgot to save the crafted bow. I will multimod a vicious proj bow for sure.

Trying to see if a fossil crafted 400pdps with the fossil mod for poisons will outdo the darkscorn or if an elder bow with mods will be more. Definitely starting with the darkscorn though.

gotcha tyty

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Interesting. So the passive tree on PoB still shows the +1 spec passive. I'm not sure with the +all minion gems how easy it will be to get a lvl 31 spec gem, but definitely looks like having the usual 4 will not be too hard at all. Basically guaranteed actually.
The +1 on tree is still there yeah, so you can get a lot of spectres fairly easily without needing shitty Ullr or crafted Delve boots(you'll still need them eventually though, but not right away).

As for 31, well it requires quite a bit of gear so it's more like a very endgame thing, but it's definitely possible. Sources of +skill for spectres:
+1 from the gem obv
+2 from necro
+1 to +2 from new wands, +1 is confirmed, +2 they said it would but it's something they might have changed before launch so not sure
+1 to +2 from another new wand, while technically not a great idea since then you don't have frenzy charges on your shit from Victario, you could
+1 from boots(delve craft or ullr), this will still be relevant I think
+1 to +2 from chest, this comes mostly from +1 all gem corruption and/or +1 skin of the loyal, both combined(which is super expensive) is +2
+2 to +5 from Empower, this depends on several things, +2 is your baseline for a lvl 3 empower, corrupted lvl 4 empower is +3, in a +1 chest becomes a +4, in a +2 skin of the loyal becomes a +5

So +15 is the theorical maximum I think(dual wielding wands with a +2 skin of the loyal), however if you drop a wand and drop the +2 skin of the loyal for just a +1 chest(uncorrupted skin or corrupted anything), using a lvl 4 empower you get +11(assuming wands get +2), which is a realistic amount of gear for endgame.

In turn, it makes Necro the definitive best option for Spectres, until you have a HH to trade for a +2 skin with the right colors.

Love the other changes too. Zombies at 25 means you can get them from a lvl 21 gem with necro and +2wand without anything else. Can also get them to 30 in a +2/+3 helm with a +2wands, +2necro +1 gem and lvl 3/4 empower(depending on the helm). And +1 skeleton per cast at 21 is great, nice QoL.

One big thing I was thinking yesterday about is, mines in minion builds. Mines auras are fucking stupid. And they affect enemies, which means minions benefit. If you use Minefield to throw 5mines at a time, you're looking at some pretty big buffs you can provide. It comes at the cost of an additional support obviously, but I could see it replacing ball lightning/storm brand due to how much damage you can get. Sadly the "best" setup for a physical minion army would be to use yet another socket for High Impact(2% chance to double hit per mines, so basically 10% more damage to minions everytime you cast for 5secs). That said without too many sources of damage taken, Stormblast Mines on their own are 15% more damage taken per cast. They're also lightning, the right element to proc EE(although since they proc EE late I don't know how good that idea is, but still).

Caliane

dunno..
not done with Pathfinder kingmaker quite yet. wanted to do a full OnI run with it out of EA...
And this league kindof looks like shit. Even the skills, nothing really stands out as cool. melee poison... bleh.
The "not really melee" poison melee skills might be ok to play. Cobra lash, etc..

assassin is king of poison. sab king of traps/mines. necro-summons. not a fan of that design still.

Infernal legion seems like the funniest build.. maybe i'll look into that.
Alternative, burning Flame dash. Flame dash got a large damage buff. can it be made core dps? Ground burning, and righteous fire burning or the like, will double up right?
Different sources of burning damage stack cumulatively, but multiple applications from the same source do not.
ok, yep.
Elementalist making golems immune to elemental damage. they'll still deal the 40% max life fire damage right? I wonder if 3-6 golems burning, stack or if thats "the same source"
Edit:derp, the self burn is 40%, the offensive burn is a flat rate of 1315dps. so pumping golem life wont matter.
I guess the question is then, is 4-7 immortal burning golems better then 11-25? skeletons, zombies, or SRS burning? if it stacks even per minion... multi-trap Mirror arrow might be an idea.

RF buff/nerf is a nerf to those above 7.5k hp, huge buff to those below.
someone pointed out RF totems should gain alot from this.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Infernal does not stack, having it on multiple minions mostly is only to cover the whole screen but you only get damage for one. I don't think it's intended as something you build entirely around, and more an enabler for other builds(minion instability stuff obviously and popcorn skeletons with the unique scepter) or as additional damage if you can mitigate it/don't care about minions dying(SRS), it especially combos really nicely with the new minion elemental resist support since it now provides more elemental too and increase max res by 4(probably 5 at 21). It should also probably be pretty good on golems that are immune to the self damage as a golementalist, not sure it beats a traditional support but it might.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Was going go cold Scourge Arrow Trickster, let everyone else sort out all the new shit. But Wild Strike Ranger is looking appealing. Someone tell me if this is stupid.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm really torn on this one but think I'll have to sit it out? Between WoW classic and the league being tower defense nonsense I just don't think I'll put in the time to actually get anywhere.

New poison skills look fucking sick though, and scourge arrow has to be absolutely insane at this point.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Was going go cold Scourge Arrow Trickster, let everyone else sort out all the new shit. But Wild Strike Ranger is looking appealing. Someone tell me if this is stupid.

Raider you mean? Should be fine. I THINK Wild Strike has some weird mechanics going on with their abilities, so like Deadeye +1 chain doesn't work with the chain lightning or some stupid shit I don't know there were some talk about it on reddit but I didn't pay too much attention. But overall I think Wild Strike would be good now, or at least better, can really focus your stuff instead of buffing generic values, so you get more damage and better aoes and shit. Past that I don't know, it shouldn't have too much competition at least but it needs the jewels to function properly which might turn out kinda expensive since other people will most likely do Wild Strike too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Raider you mean? Should be fine. I THINK Wild Strike has some weird mechanics going on with their abilities, so like Deadeye +1 chain doesn't work with the chain lightning or some stupid shit I don't know there were some talk about it on reddit but I didn't pay too much attention. But overall I think Wild Strike would be good now, or at least better, can really focus your stuff instead of buffing generic values, so you get more damage and better aoes and shit. Past that I don't know, it shouldn't have too much competition at least but it needs the jewels to function properly which might turn out kinda expensive since other people will most likely do Wild Strike too.
Yes, raider, going to try capping evasion and dodge. Permanent dodge capping probably isn't possible, gotta use Vaal Grace.

Karv covered the chain thing, Mark verified that the chain thing won't work. Basically, if you tell Wild Strike not to select cold, the skill loses its projectile tag. The other way around, if you tell it not to select lightning, it loses the chaining tag.

Here's to hoping that Wild Strike's chain distance is still 50 units!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I like what they are trying to do there.

Kinda like what they tried to do with melee change.

Caliane

Yes, raider, going to try capping evasion and dodge. Permanent dodge capping probably isn't possible, gotta use Vaal Grace.

Karv covered the chain thing, Mark verified that the chain thing won't work. Basically, if you tell Wild Strike not to select cold, the skill loses its projectile tag. The other way around, if you tell it not to select lightning, it loses the chaining tag.

Here's to hoping that Wild Strike's chain distance is still 50 units!
well, projectiles dont need the "chaining" tag. they automatically can chain. Arc, tempest shield, and other such non-projectiles, need the tag, to enable chaining.
The Ice wave has 100% pierce however, so that overrules chain. (I think it still gets the damage, not sure)

the lightning should get the +1 to chain, as that is "skills" not projectiles or anything. however, the damage is "projectiles deal 10% more damage for each remaining Chain"

yeah, raider should love that new Nightblade support, almost as much at Assassin.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How can I tell which sources of Elusive will overwrite the buff and which ones have to wait for the buff to expire before applying a fresh one?