Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've got a small amount of mtx just collected when they give out free stuff in leagues and events. Every so often I throw it all on one character to see how bad it is all together. I think I have more pets than anything, and awful hats.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I mean, their drop rate was small. You had basically 67:1 odds to get something every 5 minutes. I got very lucky getting 3, but I think most people are going to get 1-2. Assuming 6 hours each day, that would be 144 rolls done if you had the stream on the entire time.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am glad they are just including poe 1 in 2 for nostalgia, i feel a lot better and understand the announcement more after catching up on yesterdays stream. Totally new systems for all in PoE 2 and the bloat from 1 is gone because it will use PoE 2's new map endgame and combat systems.

Chris Wilson does a really good job of explaining things, wish other devs communicated like these guys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am glad they are just including poe 1 in 2 for nostalgia, i feel a lot better and understand the announcement more after catching up on yesterdays stream. Totally new systems for all in PoE 2 and the bloat from 1 is gone because it will use PoE 2's new map endgame and combat systems.

Chris Wilson does a really good job of explaining things, wish other devs communicated like these guys.

I thought one of the reasons they baked poe2 into 1 was cause they get to keep 7 years of content like delve etc. I mean they've acknowledged they might have bloat/a bit too many things going on but they're not scrapping everything for poe2 as i understood it. My takeaway was that its gonna be poe1 with a new campaign (essentially its the new campaign that allows them to brand it poe2 instead of patch 4.0) and ascendancies +skillgems having the sockets now and ofcourse some graphic updates

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Anyone have blighted maps / minion gear I can snag to play w/ before league ends?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Just to be clear, the new map endgame is for 3.9, not poe 2. It'll BE in 2, but it's releasing in 3.9. So on Dec 13th, we'll have the new atlas and the new endgame.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought one of the reasons they baked poe2 into 1 was cause they get to keep 7 years of content like delve etc. I mean they've acknowledged they might have bloat/a bit too many things going on but they're not scrapping everything for poe2 as i understood it. My takeaway was that its gonna be poe1 with a new campaign (essentially its the new campaign that allows them to brand it poe2 instead of patch 4.0) and ascendancies +skillgems having the sockets now and ofcourse some graphic updates

I dont think anyone used the word "scrap" or get rid of but people on this forum think its PoE 1 with just an option for a new campaign and thats not correct. Its PoE 2 including 1 to keep the communities together (per Johnathan Rogers day 1 stream right after announcement you can hear him use EQ1 and EQ2 as examples) and PoE will be included so people who prefer the older game can play it alongside 2 but using PoE 2's framework (Chris Wilson day 2 stream when Quinn asked wtf is going on)

Just to be clear, the new map endgame is for 3.9, not poe 2. It'll BE in 2, but it's releasing in 3.9. So on Dec 13th, we'll have the new atlas and the new endgame.

Correct but PoE 2 will not use this end game, thats what im talking about. Once PoE 2 drops Chris Wilson himself said a new "map" type of end game is being developed for 2.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have blighted maps / minion gear I can snag to play w/ before league ends?

Yeah, whats your IGN? Do you need a full setup or what are you looking for?

Thregin Thregin Check out Chris Wilson @
Pretty interesting he is saying eventually they hope to even include PoE 2's ascendancies into PoE 1. So if this was D2 you could play an Amazon and group in PoE with a shapeshifter which is cool as hell.

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

Envious_Blight

No specific gear. I guess anything better than what I have? Or if there was a build enabling item that my witch could do etc.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Envious_Blight

No specific gear. I guess anything better than what I have? Or if there was a build enabling item that my witch could do etc.

I got more than i thought, im online now ill pm you or hit me up @Locked_Up and i can hook you up

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Tried out Indigon + Enduring Mana Flask. There's definitely some stupid amount of sustain there. I was able to walk around with RF on and still didn't notice my health and mana moving when in combat. One shots are still an issue though as the build can't get excessive amounts of EHP due to picking up mana and flask nodes.

Kinda hurt my wrists too. Mine builds have a lot of abilities to press. Gonna see if I can automate away detonating mines or something, idk.

Something to keep in mind for next league, if they don't nerf it and bows are getting a lot of shit. If I understood Neon, it sounds like Anointing is not going base, yet?

I'm not sure why this guy dropped Militant Faith jewel. It converts 20% mana into 20% life when you are damaged, seems perfect for this build. Unless, I guess you life sustain starts out ratioing your mana sustain compared to your life/mana ehp.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Correct but PoE 2 will not use this end game, thats what im talking about. Once PoE 2 drops Chris Wilson himself said a new "map" type of end game is being developed for 2.

Oh awesome, I missed that. Weird why they would revamp it for 3.9 then again for PoE2 but I guess since its a year away it makes some level of sense.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tried out Indigon + Enduring Mana Flask. There's definitely some stupid amount of sustain there. I was able to walk around with RF on and still didn't notice my health and mana moving when in combat. One shots are still an issue though as the build can't get excessive amounts of EHP due to picking up mana and flask nodes.

Kinda hurt my wrists too. Mine builds have a lot of abilities to press. Gonna see if I can automate away detonating mines or something, idk.

Something to keep in mind for next league, if they don't nerf it and bows are getting a lot of shit. If I understood Neon, it sounds like Anointing is not going base, yet?

I'm not sure why this guy dropped Militant Faith jewel. It converts 20% mana into 20% life when you are damaged, seems perfect for this build. Unless, I guess you life sustain starts out ratioing your mana sustain compared to your life/mana ehp.
That looks fun.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Thregin Thregin Check out Chris Wilson @
Pretty interesting he is saying eventually they hope to even include PoE 2's ascendancies into PoE 1. So if this was D2 you could play an Amazon and group in PoE with a shapeshifter which is cool as hell.
If they can manage to positively change the Skill tree in the same positive way they changed Skill Gems / Sockets, they will have reached a state of nirvana.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was considering starting miner or ballista if that looks ok.

I kinda want to see about building an ele hit fire totem chieftain.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So is it going to be bow builds all round next league do you think?

Bows are really fun in poe, not so much for the story but they sing once you hit end game