Path of Exile

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I want it to turn it into a divine after my first 3 leagues of dumping thousands of fusings to get my first 6L.

6L’d 3 items this league. I guess the game feels sorry for me now. The whole six linked skill thing being a chase was always my least favorite part of gameplay. I would rather the mods on rares be harder to craft and 6L be relatively easy.

For the last 6 years ive had horrible fucking luck for 6 links. I would never just spend the 1500 to link it because of chance. Plenty of times where it cost 2k+ fuses to link some stupid bullshit. This league I had a amazing 100+ life chest drop 6 linked and 5 other shitty weapons. The starforge was the only thing i actually wanted linked that wasnt a 4 slot. The forge did take like 300+ jeweler's.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Do what I do: just buy your 6L items. Unless it's extremely in demand, it's 3-4 exalts on average. It's well worth obviating the anxiety with linking an item.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Do what I do: just buy your 6L items. Unless it's extremely in demand, it's 3-4 exalts on average. It's well worth obviating the anxiety with linking an item.

Ohh without a doubt. 6 link corrupted chests are super cheap early in every league and thats what ive done since like the Vaal league with atziri. Even something with like 50 life/es and 1 resist is worth it.

I always try to never use poe trade unless i really need too. Never once sold anything to anyone outside the guild, so cash is always very limited. I just want to play the game and fuck off.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Noob shit for most of you but I killed shaper for the first time today. Died a few times to the ae purple shit since I had no idea that was coming. Dropped starforge and 6 linked it in 36 fuses.

If someone wants it, you can have it.

This annoys me, but, seriously, congrats.

When I finally got to killing Shaper on the regular a league ago, I killed him twice in league and then something like a dozen times in Standard and I never saw the sword OR the potion.

This is my typical ARPG luck, though, so it didn't get me TOO down.

Edit - before anyone points it out, I understand this is not too far outside statistical drop expectations, but I DID refer to it all as "luck". Because I know the universe is out to get me, you know.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I normally start with a corrupted one. The last 2 leagues when I finally got around to upgrading to a unique for the build that was 6l it almost wasn't worth it due to the massive amount of people trying to scams. Post a 6l and change it out to a 5l and such, over and over. Pretty sure most times it was the same changing out the chest to another newbie character and do it again.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Corrupted 6s are great starters. This league I linked my spectre chest in 300 odd fusings.

All my other shit I linked to sell or out of boredom. The two 2 handers i used I bought linked.

Though, if skill gems are to now be valuable...and 6s’ing them easier...I fear that corrupting them has a chance to remove sockets now without a way to spend vaal to add back. And I figure they must become rarer.

They said that obtaining a 6L now will be on par with 6L all you shit in POE2. I’d be fine if they doubled or tripled the chance to 6L now. It’s just not compelling to me. But I get it.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Path of Exile Is their summary of the poe2 announcement.

perticularly:
"Path of Exile 2 is a new seven-act storyline that is available alongside the original Path of Exile 1 campaign. Both the old and new storyline lead to the same shared Atlas endgame. Path of Exile 2 retains all expansion content that has been created over the last six years and introduces a new skill system, ascendancy classes, engine improvements and more."

Calling it poe2 isn't wrong cause of how big this update will be (and it makes sense for marketing) but just calling it patch 4.0 isnt wrong either.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Maybe i'm retarded from doing too many drugs. Someone explain to me how completely changing the way gear/gems work is somehow not effectively terminating PoE 1, especially for the standard leagues. People going to be able to keep their 6link legacy mirror items that they worked on for years etc. despite the socket/gem changes? Is there some short video that goes over every gameplay mechanic that is being changed for PoE 2 and explains how PoE 1 is still going to be a game other than "but you can still play the story from it using the new mechanics"?

Caeden

I really wonder if it will be two different skill trees or will it be shared with just different ascendancies. I expect the latter.

I really hope they consider giving melee a boost.

Caeden

Maybe i'm retarded from doing too many drugs. Someone explain to me how completely changing the way gear/gems work is somehow not effectively terminating PoE 1, especially for the standard leagues. People going to be able to keep their 6link legacy mirror items that they worked on for years etc. despite the socket/gem changes? Is there some short video that goes over every gameplay mechanic that is being changed for PoE 2 and explains how PoE 1 is still going to be a game other than "but you can still play the story from it using the new mechanics"?
Nobody cares about standard?

But seriously, it was typically the stats on the items not the sockets that made mirror tier aside from some white sockets or off color sockets.

My guess is they’ll give those white socket items white sockets. Or limit how much can be socketed into them.

Otherwise, who cares. 6L didn’t define mirror items. Stats did.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Too bad farming a Celestial Hideout sounds horrible. I did get an Ultimate Chaos bundle from the twitch event.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Path of Exile Is their summary of the poe2 announcement.

perticularly:
"Path of Exile 2 is a new seven-act storyline that is available alongside the original Path of Exile 1 campaign. Both the old and new storyline lead to the same shared Atlas endgame. Path of Exile 2 retains all expansion content that has been created over the last six years and introduces a new skill system, ascendancy classes, engine improvements and more."

Calling it poe2 isn't wrong cause of how big this update will be (and it makes sense for marketing) but just calling it patch 4.0 isnt wrong either.

It would have been better to do something like...

Path of Exile: The Second Awakening

or something like that. It even goes into the story that 20 years has passed since Kitava fell and corruption is spreading through the Wraeclast again. Somethings up.

I admit watching it live my first reaction was "Wait, Path of Exile 2? WTF IS THIS BULLSHIT". For about 10 seconds until I realized it was an added campaign.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Too bad farming a Celestial Hideout sounds horrible. I did get an Ultimate Chaos bundle from the twitch event.
I assume they'll increase the droprate substantially, but it'll still be shit until they add another way to farm it. I got mine this league so don't care anymore. I assume a bunch of people will run party shaper rotations before the next league hits too. And I got nothing from the event in the end, no big deal. Have some points to burn before they release the next supporter pack though so I hope they add a good mystery box next time instead of this clown shit.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I got nothing as well and I had the livestream on 75% or so of the time it was running. Not really fussed, i don't really use glowy eyes etc.

Celestial hideouts the only one i've not found so far. Was hoping i'd get it by doing this uber elder challenge this league but at 33/40 and nothing so far.

Caeden

It would have been better to do something like...

Path of Exile: The Second Awakening

or something like that. It even goes into the story that 20 years has passed since Kitava fell and corruption is spreading through the Wraeclast again. Somethings up.

I admit watching it live my first reaction was "Wait, Path of Exile 2? WTF IS THIS BULLSHIT". For about 10 seconds until I realized it was an added campaign.

We’ve had the arpg and story debate a lot, but at the end of the day the current acts were starting to turn into an unenthusiastic hand job where she isn’t even bother to mumble “you like that” one time.

This was a good compromise. And it allows their creative types to do that. Anything less was probably too much stagnation.

I was ready for new environments. I’ve never been one to only run a single map type, so new endgame and new places to explore in 2 make me very happy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
We’ve had the arpg and story debate a lot, but at the end of the day the current acts were starting to turn into an unenthusiastic hand job where she isn’t even bother to mumble “you like that” one time.

This was a good compromise. And it allows their creative types to do that. Anything less was probably too much stagnation.

I was ready for new environments. I’ve never been one to only run a single map type, so new endgame and new places to explore in 2 make me very happy.

Yeah I echo all this, tbh. New environments will be nice, and I like their further randomization of areas. It's gonna be good, hell, I'm stoked for just 3.9. I'm working on getting lots of friends into the game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

I mean, everyone is gonna be on PoE2 to stream it and play through the new campaign initially

Then there will be comparisons for most effective way to reach the end game grind which is the same

So after people do the new campaign, it's gonna be which is the faster/easier way to farm Uber elder from there

I hope the new exiles are truly different options and the only way to get certain things available in end game

I think a lot can change and Chris & co have the right minds behind everything

Their tencent bux are being well spent as far as I can tell, as I had wondered what was going to be the big development reveal using all of it. The new campaign looks like awesome eye candy esp with the physics and it's challenging! I expect D4 to be a faceroll, so this makes me happy to see... challenge in a game before end game!

I hope the shadow gets some kind of necro/summon flavor ascendency or a hybrid in that kind of spirit. I always wanted that.

And hey! Speaking of things like that, skeletons are still in the game! Hope is alive!