Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wonder if that will stack with the one passive mod that can only be gotten via annointing.

Or they could fucking redesign ancestral call and multistrike....

If anything makes me quit this game it will be how much better spells and bows play over melee. Pure melee. Not melee as a damn trigger.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I wonder if that will stack with the one passive mod that can only be gotten via annointing.

Or they could fucking redesign ancestral call and multistrike....

If anything makes me quit this game it will be how much better spells and bows play over melee. Pure melee. Not melee as a damn trigger.

Hot take. Aoe should diminish as range increases. Heavy strike gets a 360 arc but is weapon range. Anything that off screens get a few degrees of screen coverage. “Yeah but then range would suck and no one would play it”. Exactly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
vdvb5rjpja241.jpg

New Shaper/Elder-like mod, seems melee isn't entirely dead just yet.

Did anyone anoint tribal fury this league? Can you just skip ancestral call with it?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did anyone anoint tribal fury this league? Can you just skip ancestral call with it?
Depends on the skill but generally yeah it'll be good enough. Since the clone can spawn a bit away from you it gives a fair bit of coverage if you have splash standard strike skills, and for projectile based strike(frost blades, wild strike and molten) it just works directly so you get an additional damage support to make your single target better without having to switch gems. Now that there's this and the anointment though you could use both(once you have the money for the anointment), which will be a purely free ancestral call.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Cash Prizes

We will create a special ladder that records the order that players kill The Awakener with a fully-Watchstoned Atlas in the Metamorph HC SSF league. Zizaran's US$30,000 of cash prizes will be distributed as follows:

• First Place: $8000
  • Second Place: $4000
  • Third Place: $2000
  • Fourth-fifteenth Place: $500
  • First Atziri Kill: $500
  • First Uber Atziri Kill: $2000
  • First Shaper Kill: $1000
  • First Elder Kill: $1000
  • First Uber Elder Kill: $2000
  • Deepest Delve: $4000 (calculated one month after the league starts)

Randomly-drawn Microtransaction Prizes

Every kill of The Awakener with a fully-Watchstoned Atlas in the Metamorph HC SSF league will be recorded on a special ladder that tracks how many kills each player has scored. When the event ends (exactly one month after the league starts, at noon on January 13th (PST) or Jan 12, 2020 2:00 PM (CST) in your local time), we will randomly select twenty players from that list (weighted by how many kills they managed). These players will receive a massive bundle of our most popular microtransactions - all of the following (totalling $1187.50 of value per winner):

• Celestial Armour Set, Darkprism Weapon Skin, Celestial Weapon Effect, Celestial Steam-powered Portal Effect, Celestial Character Effect, Celestial Wings, Celestial Footprints, Celestial Herald and Celestial Cat Pet;
  • Sin and Innocence Armour Set, Sin and Innocence Sword, Sin Weapon Effect, Sin and Innocence Portal, Sin Character Effect, Sin and Innocence Wings, Sin and Innocence Footprints Effect, Sin Herald and Sin and Innocence Sword Pet;
  • Automaton Armour Set, Automaton Sword, Automaton Weapon Effect, Automaton Portal, Automaton Character Effect, Automaton Footprints, Automaton Herald, Automaton Wings and Automaton Pet;
  • Transcendence Armour, Transcendence Dagger, Huntsman Weapon Effect, Transcendence Portal, Huntsman Character Effect, Transcendence Wings, Transcendence Footprints, Huntsman Aura Effect and Huntsman Dragonfly Pet
  • Dragon Hunter Armour, Dragon Hunter Sword, Dragon Hunter Weapon Effect, Dragon Hunter Portal, Dragon Hunter Character Effect, Dragon Hunter Wings, Dragon Hunter Footprints, Lava Aura Effect and Dragon Hunter Pet.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
1575450880929.png

They need to make it something like this. They really need to update this shit. I love the currency tab, but its so unoptimized.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I was watching a video for PoE beginners and the dude mentioned that no one really plays on the standard league servers. If that's the case, then does that mean everyone re-rolls every league? Which means no one really has a permanent character? Or is there something I'm not understanding?

Since a new league is starting in a couple of weeks, is there a point in playing right now other than screwing around to learn the mechanics?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You can start now on the blight league just to get an idea of how things work. Or you could play on standard to try it out for a while.

Be aware the cost of stuff on standard is high. All the currency you have at the end of the league gets moved to standard, as well as your character. So if you really liked that character and had more stuff to do with it at the end of the league it just goes to standard. So a lot of currency accumulates in standard and not a lot of people answering whispers to trade a low end item you could buy easily on league play at the start.

Most play on a league. Start a new character. Many will play multiple characters per league.

Once the new league starts up, pretty soon I think it will have the most players, the most action, and the best for buying and selling stuff. And the league gets the new stuff oriented for the league and league play stuff like blight etc...

Very few people make a long term character. Maybe some really high end crafters who are trading, buying, selling multiple mirrors (the most expensive currency item) for a single slot and such.

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was watching a video for PoE beginners and the dude mentioned that no one really plays on the standard league servers. If that's the case, then does that mean everyone re-rolls every league? Which means no one really has a permanent character? Or is there something I'm not understanding?

Since a new league is starting in a couple of weeks, is there a point in playing right now other than screwing around to learn the mechanics?

You got it, screw around now to figure out what you want to do when the next league starts, then roll a new char. We all play leagues so you'll be lonely on standard. New league also means fresh economy so you'll actually be able to find stuff to buy.

Have you used path of building yet? Huge help with setting up your char, figuring out which passives, gems, and gear are upgrades.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

In order to get into the game and understand it, you need to re roll, rere roll and re re re roll about 14 dozen times. You can just play 1 guy on standard and have a great time and never talk to anyone. If you want to trade or buy stuff, you can do that but it isnt needed to play the entire game.

There will be a thousand times where you just die and have no idea why. Then you look some stuff up and save yourself from that specific 1 thing and boom. Youre dead again and it was some other thing, repeat.

Its pretty fun to play with all of us at the start of a new league where everyone is making fun of each other and giving out some great starting gear or answering questions. If you like random based looters, this will for sure eat up a ton of time with some great music and story if you pay attention.

I highly suggest you just start at the new league and just play. Its fun!

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Maybe this league i wont have to be the map whore for all you lazy fucks

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just finished blight if anyone needs maps or any kind of gear let me know, its 8 days or so left.

1575509827474.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m pretty sure this league I used the map exchange most of the way!

I have a 1 year old now and I’m finding it’s going to cut my playtime severely. I’m probably only going to play two builds this league. I played like 5-7 the past two leagues.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I’m pretty sure this league I used the map exchange most of the way!

I have a 1 year old now and I’m finding it’s going to cut my playtime severely. I’m probably only going to play two builds this league. I played like 5-7 the past two leagues.

1200px-Laufgitter.png

Toss him a laptop in there and have him roll your maps and sell your stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users